Guardian

Tears and Kisses

KAI

After I felt the burden come off my shoulders, the memories of me and Sumin came back. But they were all from the past, when we were dating in 7th Grade. Because of this, the sudden ache in my heart bored right into the core of my body, completely turning my mind into a chaotic mess.  I needed to release all the sadness and anger.. I needed to dance. 
 
When I was dancing, I felt that I could let go of the feelings I had for Sumin easily. However, I noticed that someone was watching me from the murky shadow reflected onto the mirror. This building was a secret only between me and EXO-K, it was our little break from all the fangirls and the pressure of school. 
 
"K-kai.."
The person who was watching  me turned out to be Jiyeon, the sudden pressure of someone finding my hiding place was released and I was able to relax. 
 
✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀❀✿❀
 
After I vented all my feelings out to Jiyeon. After we danced and I sang my emotions out. I felt like every single memory and emotion I had of Sumin was released, and was never going to bug me again. 
"You set me free Jiyeon..", my whisper filled the whole room, it was only me and Jiyeon. It was scary, knowing that I've known Jiyeon for a few days and I was already venting my emotions out to her like I've known her for years. She listened to every single word I said, nodded her head to show she was listening. But she was also reassuring me, just from a simple hug she had given me, I felt like all of my emotions came tumbling down and I was able to release the anger that was building up from all the years. The anger of being lead on by Sumin.
 
My whisper had caressed her forehead and I wrapped my arms around her, "Can you stay just a little longer with me?"
She nodded her head, so I placed my blazer onto the floor and pointed to it, "Sit on that." 
Hesitantly, she sat onto my blazer and I sat down next to her. "What did you think of my dancing?"
"It's good.. I knew you could dance really well, but I never knew that you could sing as well..", she complimented me with a shy smile.
"Ah, not many people know I can sing. The other guys can sing way better than I can, but no one can match up to my dancing skills", I tilted my head to the side and looked at Jiyeon. I never noticed how pretty she was.
"Your skills in dancing are really good. Your transitions from each move is very fluid.." 
 
"Thanks", I smiled at her compliment and then draped my arm over her shoulder. Jiyeon was suprised at my sudden gesture but she didn't do anything to move away from me, so I guessed that she didn't mind. "I never really wanted to join the committee, but once I saw that you were doing it, I kinda' wanted to do it. I really want to be good friends with you Jiyeon.."
Jiyeon's head looked up at me and smiled, "I really want to be good friends with you too, Kai.."
This is it Kai, you can tell her about following her blog..
 
"Uh.. Jiyeon..", I hesitated slightly.
"Yeaaaah?.."
"You know your blog 'Eyes'.."
"Uh huh.."
"Well.. I wanted to uh.. know the url for it..", I slapped myself mentally. Why couldn't I bring myself to tell her that I like her pictures?
"Oh okay! I'll send you the url for my blog!"
 
We sat there for a few minutes, enjoying the silence that was between us. I sneakily tightened my arm aorund Jiyeon and shuffled closer to her.
Jiyeon soon stood up and picked my blazer up, "The guys will be worrying about us if we don't go to lunch.." her stomach soon grumbled, "..anyway I'm starving!"
Her grumbling stomach made me laugh and I stood up and tugged at her sleeve, "Let's go get some fried chicken, shall we?"
 
As we arrived at the cafeteria, I pointed to the table we usually sat on, "You go sit and I'll go get food".
Jiyeon nodded and went over to the table, while I lined up to get fries for the both of us. As I was lining up I heard various whispers and voices around me;
 
"..Sumin and Kai.."
 
"Not together because.."
 
"Leading him on.."
 
 
I soon felt like there were many eyes staring at me, however I carried on lining up until I had gotten to the front of the queue.  And speak of the devil, I found Sumin slightly infront of me in-line with other friends. Her sight drifted towards me and she gave me a smile, it was one of the smiles she always used to give me. But this time I could tell that it wasn't a genuine smile. What a fake. The muscles in my face tensed up and caused my face to give a bitter aura. Sumin saw my expression and her smile suddenly disappeared and she got the hint; I didn't want to talk to her anymore. Not now, not ever. I briskly walked past her in the line and picked up two boxes of fries, paid for them and brushed past her without even giving her any form of attention. I bet the look on her face is priceless. She lead me on, now I'm going to show everyone that I don't need anyone. I was deep in my thoughts until I had walked to the table everyone was sat at. All the negativity and the bleak thoughts disintegrated when I saw Jiyeon give me a bright smile. She had this warm smile that could wipe away all your worries..
 
"Oh hey Kai!", Chanyeol greeted me and I noticed he had his arm possessively over HaYi.  They looked like they really suited each other and I felt a sliver of jealousy well up inside of me until I gave myself a mental slap.
"Hey Chanyeol. Hi guys..", I saw that Jiyeon was at the end of the bench, sat right next to Suho, who was talking to her.
"Kaaai, is it true you broke up with Sumin?!"' Sehun piped up but he ended up getting thumped on the arm by D.O and Baekhyun.
"Stop being so insensitive Sehun!", D.O and Baekhyun shouted at him simultaneously.
"Anya it's fine, I'm glad we're over", I smirked at them all, then placed the box of fries in front of Jiyeon.
 
I didn't know if it was because I bought food for Jiyeon, or for another reason. But Suho suddenly looked up at me with a neutral expression, which was completely different to what he usually has on his face, "Oh.. hi Kai..", he then turned his head to Jiyeon.
"Suho.. are you okay?", Jiyeon looked at him nervously, a worried expression was evident on her face.
"I'm just tired..", he sighed and ran his hand through his hair in an irritated manner, "Are you okay, Jiyeon?"
"Uh.. I'm fine! Why would I not be okay?", Jiyeon awkwardly laughed at Suho's question.
"I heard people threw rubbish on you from above.." What? Are people still bullying Jiyeon?
"What?! Jiyeon, who was throwing rubbish on you?", Baekhyun's hand clenched up into a fist and he stared Jiyeon, "No one bullies my friends, except for me!"
D.O face palmed himself and he then looked at Jiyeon, "I think it's best if you stay with one of us while you're going about in school, we can then see who's pulling these stupid pranks on you.."
 
Suho's face turned serious and then he spoke, "Seeing as I have a similar timetable to Jiyeon, I think it's best if I stay with her.."
"Anya, anya! I'm fine guys, it isn't that bad, really!", her hands went up in protest.
"You sure Jiyeon?", HaYi's eyes was reflecting the worry she had for her friend.
"Yes I really am! Stop worrying about me guys"
For some reason I felt like I was weak, I wasn't able to protect Jiyeon from the bullies who threw rubbish on her. I wasn't able to stop those bullies when they started to bully her, I was only able to stop them after I realised they were hitting her. I really was weak..
"Oh Jiyeon, I heard you were a committee member, I'm a member of the council, so I guess I can stay with you at the after school meetings and walk you home..", Suho took a fry from Jiyeon's box.
"Suhooo~, don't take fries from me! Kai bought this for me pabu..", she pouted at Suho and before she could take the fry back, Suho popped it into his mouth. 
"Call me Suho Oppa~ and I'll stop taking your fries"
"Never! I'll never call you Suho Oppa~!", Jiyeon joked about.
 
They look just like a real couple, the burning in my heart told me. I was jealous.
 
 
S U H O
 
It was nearing the end of the school day and my heart hurt from the sight I saw. Jiyeon and Kai were dancing to his singing in the deserted classroom behind school. I knew they weren't dating, but my mind kept on nagging me, telling me that I might lose Jiyeon before I even tried to put the effort into making her mine
For all this time I was the one supporting Jiyeon from behind, yet she always was the one who supported others. I admired that.
I heard that Sumin was leading Kai on for a majority of the time she was with Kai. I felt bad for him, I really did. But just because he broke up with Jiyeon. doesn't mean he's allowed to go dancing with her. It sounds silly, but I'm scared that Jiyeon will be taken away from me. In these few days, Jiyeon warmed me up. I never bothered to put any interest in girls, because all they wanted was what was in my pants, or the money in my pockets. But Jiyeon was different, even if it does sound cheesy, it's true.
 
The bell for the end of the day was ringing, and I was waiting outside for Jiyeon, only to find that she was walking with Kai.  He looked up and smirked at me, then gave Jiyeon a simple hug before he walked away from her. Kai stopped near me and laughed, "Take care of her when you're walking her home. Mr Guardian Kim"
His remark seemed to be sarcastic, it was almost laced in jealousy. It somehow made me feel good, I was the one who was protecting Jiyeon, not him.
 
I was Jiyeon's guardian angel.
 
"Suhoooo~", a pair of fingers clicked in front of my face and I found that Jiyeon was on her tiptoes pouting impatiently. Cute.
"Jiyeeeoooooon~", I mimicked her voice and clicked my fingers in her face jokingly.
"Yah! Don't joke with me!", she lightly shoved me and started to skip out of school.
I followed her light steps and caught upto her, "I'm going to walk you home, pabu!", I tugged on the back of her blazer so she'd stop walking.
"Well, you better catch up!", she laughed and bolted into a run.
"Hey!", I started to run after her, joining in with her laughing.
I was impressed that she could run for so long, when Jiyeon ran, her beautiful locks of hair filtered through the sunlight and all different shades of brown were shining through the warm rays. Her laugh filled the noisy streets of town as we ran together through the masses of crowds.
Jiyeon had started to slow down as soon as she reached the traffic lights. "You run faster than a cheetah Jiyeon..", I was panting when I stopped and had a hand on my side. We were in a big crowd of people waiting to cross the road. As soon as the lights had signaled the crowd to cross the road, I gripped onto Jiyeon's hand and pulled her close to me. I didn't want to lose her in this vast ocean of people, so I wrapped my arm around her waist and we crossed the road. When we reached the end of the road, I unraveled my arm from around her waist and grinned at her sheepishly, "Just so you wouldn't get lost..", I explained before she would do something like pushing me in front of an incoming car.
"Ah, okay! I didn't want to be lost in that sea of people, thanks Suho.."
 
We carried on walking to Jiyeon's house until we reached the front door. She opened the door and looked at me with a smile, "I still haven't thanked you for protecting me, so I think it's nice if I make you a coffee?..?" Even though she had asked me, it sounded more like a demand. 
I walked into her house and sat on the couch of her living room. Her house gave off a cosy feel, and I inhaled to smell that there was the fresh smell of coffee coming from the kitchen. For a few minutes, I walked around a bit picking up and looking at the different photo frames in the rooms. They varied, some were of a cute baby Jiyeon with no front teeth, to a beautiful and matured teenage girl. Her features were breath-taking, and I didn't know how she still hasn't had a boyfriend. Good thing she doesn't have a boyfriend, because she's mine.
While I was looking around the living, I noticed the smell of coffee had filled the room and I turned around to see that Jiyeon had placed a tray full of cakes and two cups. 
"Have a cup of coffee, Suho!", Jiyeon handed me a cute cup that had owls on it, they were all different colours and the variety of colours made it look funky. I sipped at the coffee and was suprised of the taste, it didn't have a strong taste but had a slight hint of sweetness to it. It was different to what I usually drink, however I enjoyed the taste. I peered into the other cup to see that it had milk in it. Jiyeon reached for that cup and started to take small laps at the milk, just like a little kitty. 
Her hand reached out for the plate of cakes and she handed it to me, "Pick a cake, Suho!"
My hand reached towards what looked like a vanilla cupcake, and as I bit into it, the sweet taste of vanilla filled my mouth and calmed my taste buds. It tasted nice, almost like I was biting into a vanilla bean and its' flavors wash upon my tongue and letting the taste sweeten my mood. That was what Jiyeon did, she makes me become a much happier and nicer person.
Hours passed as we endlessly talked about random things, varying from childhood memories to embarrassing moments. I really got to know Jiyeon well, I even learnt that she still hasn't kissed a boy yet. It was so pure and sweet of her, really.
Soon, night was coming and I saw the tiredness in Jiyeon's eyes. At this point, I was sat next to her and the drinks were finished and so were the cakes. There was just an empty tray with empty cups and an empty plate placed upon it. I felt Jiyeon's voice go more drowsy, and her head was lolling a bit.
"Suho.. can I just lay my head on your shoulder for a little bit..?", her voice broke the sweet silence between us.
"Sure!", I patted my own shoulder to show her where to place her head.
Her head was placed gently upon my shoulder and I felt her breathes slowly deepening as she entered a warm and heavy sleep.
I didn't feel if minutes or seconds had passed, but Jiyeon was soon fully asleep. My hand brushed her hair out of her face and I placed a hand lightly upon her cheek. "If only you knew the feelings that beat within my heart for you, my sweet Jiyeon..". She was simply breathtaking, everything about her amazed me, and seeing asleep made my heart beat just a little bit faster, "It's impossible to not miss you when you're not near me, it seems that even in my dreams my heart yearns for you".
Jiyeon murmured in her sleep and nuzzled her head into my neck in her subconscious state, it felt good to feel her soft skin gently brush against my neck. Butterflies started to swirl around my body and I looked at her one more time, "My sweet Jiyeon.."
 
Jiyeon.
 
The pitter-pattering of the rain woke me up, I found myself in my own bed with my blazer and shoes beside the bed. It was 02:00am and I realised that Suho was gone. Beside me was a note written with really graceful writing, I picked it up and the message upon it make a smile spread across my lips.
 
"Sleep well, Jiyeon. Don't worry about the dishes, I washed them for you.
And don't worry about sleeping on me, I didn't mind your drool on my shoulder.
Have sweet dreams, Suho. x"
 
 
 

 

a u t h o r ' s   n o t e s

Such a sweet note from suho <3
I hope all my readers enjoyed this chapter, I wanted more Kai and Suho for some reason ^-^
oh.. and guys.. we all know it's nearly christmas when..
 
SUHO STARTS TO WEAR UGLY SWEATERS
 
I just feel so happy staring at him laughing, it's just so precious.. idek..
How are you guys?! I feel like I want to interact with my readers more, so how about you leave a comment as to what exo sbux drink you prefer
 
  • Luhan: iced passion tea lemonade
  • Xiumin: pumpkin spice latte
  • Suho: white peppermint mocha
  • Kris: caramel macchiato
  • Baekhyun: cinnamon dulce latte
  • Chanyeol: espresso con panna
  • Lay: chai latte
  • Kyungsoo: creme brulee latte
  • Tao: hazelnut macchiato with a shot of raspberry
  • Kai: peppermint mocha
  • Sehun: vanilla bean frappe
 
I'm stuck between my regular, Kris and what I have at winter, Suho.. ._.
How about you guys? xo
Saranghae my readers <3
AND THANK YOU ALL FOR 650 VIEWS, I LOVE YOU ALL OKAY?