Cafe du Masquerade.

Tears and Kisses

Jiyeon.

"Heeeey, help me put these fairy lights up!", HaYi's voice called out to me, she was stood on a stool and was trying to place white fairy lights around a banner saying saying 'Cafe' with a coffee cup at the end of the sign. The sign itself was an arrow and was slightly scratched to give off a vintage feel and if we did a nice sign, I think we'd get more public attention from people.
 
The sign was hung up near the door of our cafe location, our home room was too small, but our Photography teacher was kind enough to lend our class her classroom to use. It was much bigger than the average classroom space and it was connected to a smaller room, where we could make our drinks and put our supplies in.
 
"Ok, ok! HaYi, you come down and I'll do it", I went to step on the stool and wrapped the fairy lights around the edge of the sign and around the pole it was tuck on.
"There, done! Now we need to lay out the masks for people to wear!", I stepped down from the stool and we went into the classroom. The classroom was completely changed, we had found some round tables in the storage area of the room and HaYi's halmuhnee gave us various table cloths to put on the tables and cover the legs up. The chairs were lent from the drama props department, they had a vast selection of vintage chairs, which had cushioned seats and backrests and had the swirly designs on them. Instead of turning the classroom lights on, we brought lamps with an orange hue and placed them in different areas to give off a warm yet mysterious aura in the cafe. There was another door leading  to the smaller room that had different cups and tea sets with their decorations and plates. 
"I can't believe your umma baked all these cakes for us at the bakery, Jiyeon!", HaYi looked at the different types of cake on the table that was on the counter, there was a vast variety, from soft loaf cake to dainty little scones.
 
 
"It was no big deal! Umma's boss was over the moon when she found out that we were doing a cafe and insisted that she was going to make the cakes and pastries for us. Anyway, I should be thanking your halmuhnee for giving us all these tea sets, decorations and even the table cloths.. it must have been so burdensome for her.."
"Anyaaa~, don't worry about that, she said that they were going to rot in the attic anyway and that using them was nothing big", HaYi laughed and then looked at our outfits draped on the seats beside us.
"I'm so happy we're able to dress up so formally for this event, it feels like we're going to an actual masquerade with our outfits!", I exclaimed as I held up my outfit.
 
✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀

 Boredom was about to get the better of me, until I heard my phone beep a few times.
 
[10:28:52] HAYI: we're buying our outfits for the event, shall we go shopping?
[10:30:10] JIYEON; omg, yes. let's meet up at the mall!
[10:28:52] HAYI: ok, ok. see you in a bit. ;D
 
"Annnyeeeeoonnnggg~", I ran behind HaYi and wrapped my arms around her, I placed my head on her shoulder.
"Aaaannnyeeeeeeeong~, I'm so excited! I'm so happy about being able to buy our own dresses!", HaYi turned around in the circle of my hug and returned my hug, "Chanyeol wanted to come too, but I told him it's girls-only time.. hehe.."
"Come on! I heard there's this vintage dress shop that has a sale, we need to go check it out!", I grabbed HaYi's arm and we started to walk towards the new dress shop, 'Strictly Elegant'.
When we walked towards the radius of the shop, it looked like it was too plain, there was a simple black sign with 'Strictly Elegant' wrote on it.
"It looks a little plain..", I murmured
"Let's go in and see what it's like, if we don't like it we can always go to another shop", HaYi tugged at my wrist and we walked in.
 
The outside of the shop was a complete contrast to the inside, it was so sophisticated and modern within the interior of the shop, that I felt like I had walked into another place. The interior of the shop itself had little Victorian photo frames all over the place and there was small sections with the same coloured dresses all in one area. The windows were tinted out and there was only a few dim lights on in the store.
A small and frail woman came out from behind the counter and smiled gently at us, "How may I help you?", her smile showed the wrinkles around her eyes and forehead and I figured that she was an ahjumma. 
"We're just looking around!", HaYi went off to a section with bright blue dresses.
I kept on scanning the room until faced the store clerk again, "Do you have a dress with black and white on it?"
"Ah~, yes we do. Come with me, miss." She gently took my arm and took me to a small corner filled with extravagant dresses in all shapes and sizes, "I think this would suit you a lot, dear.", she held out a dress with the top part of it was black adorned with transparent silver lace that gave off a shine, the bottom part of it was chiffon with a cotton layer underneath it, it almost looked like it was a faint cloud.
"You remind me of my grandson, Junmyeon. Go try this on and I'll bring something to compliment the dress", she guided me towards the changing rooms and left me there with the dress.
HaYi was already getting changed in the changing room next to me, so I started to change into the dress I was given. I didn't think I would suit it, but the mirror told me otherwise, the top part of the dress clung to the upper part of my body perfectly, causing my slight curves to be evident then it billows out into the short and flowy material of the chiffon. A hand came through the curtain and I saw bracelet and a pair of shoes in both pair of hands, "This is what you should pair with them, dear"
"Araso ahjumma~", I took the shoes and bracelet from her and paired it with the dress. Even though the bracelet was gold, it complemented the shade of the dress nicely and the heels gave me a bit more height. 
"Dear, how about you come out with your friend at the same time to see what you're both wearing!", the ahjumma clapped her hands in delight.
 
"Hana.. dul.. set!", me and HaYi both came out and saw what we were wearing.
 
Jiyeon:
Black Pearl
HaYi:
 
C'est la vie.

 

"So pretty!", we simultaneously exclaimed.
HaYi was wearing a bright blue dress made out of a lace material and underneath it was a cotton material, there was detailing around the waist of dress, which was black lace and a bow. On another person, it would've looked like it was over the top, however HaYi's slightly pale skin and her dark hair had balanced out the over-powering factors of the dress. She was wearing heels and a bracelet that had little black jewel detailing on it.
"Why is it that everything you wear looks so pretty on you, HaYi?"
"Shut up! You look way prettier than me.. Uwaa~ I'm so jealous.."
 
The ahjumma held up a few photocards with eyeshadow designs on them, one had a light blue to dark blue gradient eye shadow design on it, with a cat eye blended within the eye shadow itself and it was finished with feathery eye lashes. The other card had a cgold and shimmery eye shadow colour scheme and had a cat-liner lined onto the eye shadow itself and the finishing touch was small fake lashes glued on to make the lashes look slightly bigger.
"I think these eye shadow designs will look so great with your dresses, dears"
"I agree, ahjumma! Can we take these cards with the dresses we'll buy?", HaYi smiled brightly at her with her fingers the hem of her dress.
"Of course you can! May I ask what you're dressing up for?"
"We have a school event that involves a masquerade cafe and we need to find an outfit for it.."
"I'm not usually allowed to show people this section, but get changed and I'll show you something special.."

After we got changed, we found the ahjumma beckoning us from behind the counter. We placed our clothes and accesories onto the counter and came with her into the door behind the counter. There was a massive array of masks, some were full masks, some were lace and some were metal designs. There were different spotlights shining on every mask and they were all placed on stands with cloths under them. It was breathtaking and simply remarkable to look at it. Two masks had caught my attention and they were both together on display, it looked like it was a lace design, however it was made from metal and had tiny diamond embellishments along the eye area. Right next to it was a black mask that looked slightly feline in its' shape, it had the same lace-type design and had diamond embellishments around the eye area.
 

 
 
The ahjumma saw me and HaYi's gaze on the two masks and went to get them.
"You two have great taste, seeing as you're so sweet and nice, if you buy these masks I'll supply the rest of the masks for your cafe. They won't be as exquisite as these two, but it will add to the fun of your cafe."
I clasped my hands and came to hug the ahjumma, "Khamsahabnida! You don't know how happy we are right now!"
HaYi came and hugged the ahjumma too and started to giggle, "Thank you! We're so grateful towards you"
"Don't worry about it, dear. I'd love to help such sweet younglings like you girls", she patted us on the head and went back to the main room of the store.
"Here's your bags, dears. I hope you have fun at your masquerade cafe", she smiled gently at us, "You will get your masks in a week or so, thanks for giving me the school address. Annyeonghi-gyeseyo", she waved at us as we left the shop. 
 
✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀❀✿❀✿❀
 
My gaze was on the two boxes full of masks that were on the table, "I can't believe that ahjumma was so nice to give us all these masks. I was going to thank her, but I found that the shop had closed down.. it was so sad.. I couldn't even find any way to contact her and there isn't a return address on the box either..", HaYi opened the box and different shape sizes and designs were on them.
"I hope we see her soon!", I picked up one of the masks and looked at HaYi through it, "The event is nearly starting, let's get changed and do our hair and makeup".
"Araso! Let's go!", HaYi picked up our outfits that were draped over the seat and gave my outfit to me.
 
 
H A Y I
 
When the cultural event first started, we only had a few customers come into our cafe. I was at the door and greeted another cutsomer who was walking in, "Annyeonghaseyo! Welcome to Cafe Du Masquerade, please pick a mask and we'll take your order!", I showed the female a box full of masks and she picked a light pink one with a purple glitter design.
"Aawww~, this is so pretty! I need to tell my friends about this", she had placed on her mask and was directed to a table where Jiyeon was.
"Hey, HaYi! Why don't you go and help promote our cafe outside, you're wearing a super pretty outfit so I think everyone will notice you and would want to come to our cafe!", Chansung took the box of masks from me and smiled.
Everyone from our class had worn different outfits, varying from dresses to suits and each person had a unique mask on. But I got to admit, me and Jiyeon were probably the best dressed, I mean, Jiyeon's outfit was so elegant and pretty. She was so pretty and elegant. I envied her sometimes, but she was my best friend and I will always stand by my Jiyeonnie's side! But I still worry over her.. how has Jiyeon not got a boyfriend? I'll probably never know why..
 
I left the cafe and stood outside of the corridor where many people were walking, "Come to Cafe du Masquerade!", people stared in my direction and the flow of people moved towards the area of our event. I guess the blue dress pulled the trick.
"Aaaaaah~ HaYi?! You look so beautiful, princess!", I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and twirl me about.
"Hehehe! Hiii~ baby, do you like my outfit?", I turned around to look at Chanyeol, I didn't bother pulling my mask down because I knew Chanyeol would recognise me even if I was 30 meters away.
"You look just like a princess, my precious girl is so beautiful! I bet everyone is jealous of you. Yah! Kai! Go help out your class you pabu!"K
ai came walking beside Chanyeol with a black suit and a white shirt, he had a simple black mask that covered his whole face and little music notes were painted on it in white, "Fine.. I'll go.", he walked off towards the cafe and left me and Chanyeol behind."
So..", he put a arm around my shoulder, "How about me and my baby go around for a bit together?"
I giggled and took his hand, "If we do go around together we have to go to our dance event later, ok?"
"Of course I'll dance! It'll be just like a fairytale, but I'm obviously your Prince Charming..", he nuzzled my neck tenderly then took my hand to different events.
 
My hand was in Chanyeol's as we were lining up for the house of horror event held by Sehun's class, Chanyeol had draped his jacket over my blazer and was nuzzling my neck gently. "How come you're getting kinda' touchy with me Chanyeollieee~?"
"Because.. I missed my baby so much and I want to show her how much I lover her", he gave me a quick peck on my cheek and pulled me along the line, "we're nearly next!"
"Next! Welcome to house of horror ! Please mind your step and have fun!", we were led into a lit up path then we were suddenly plunged into darkness. Chanyeol clutched my arm and started to walk in front of me.
Suddenly.. there was a glowing dark light from the corner of the path and was slowly coming towards us, "Awwwwuuuuuu~!"
"HaYi! We're gonna die!", Chanyeol took my arm and started to drag me through the pathway, the light dimmed down and we were left in the dark again.
"Uh.. HaYi..?"
"Yeah, baby?", 
"You walk infront of me.. so I can protect you from behind..", Chanyeol took my hand and I started to lead the path. It was cute that he was getting scared, but it was just too funny watching him freak out over a light.
The lights flickered and I saw a shadow infront of us, its' face splattered with blood and its' clothes tattered. The lights flickered again and the shadow was getting closer, me and Chanyeol had frozen in  place and was gripping on my arm tightly, "Jesus.. HaYi.. I think I'm gonna pee mysel-". The flickered again and the shadow was stood next to Chanyeol, "Aaaaaaaaaaaah!", we screamed at the same time.
"I don't want to die, pleae take my clothes or my wallet just not my baby!", Chanyeol wrapped his arms around me and picked me up. He suddenly started to run away from the shadow and the lights flickered back to the darkness, "Chanyeol! We're fine, it's only an event!"
"I don't care.. It's scary HaYi!", Chanyeol put me on the floor again and I felt an arm on my shoulder.
"Awww, you don't need to lean on me Chanyeol.."
"HaYi.. I'm not leaning on you..", I turned around and saw an arm drenched in something sticky was right in front of me, I backed up to Chanyeol and gripped his arm.
"Chanyeolliee.."
"Don't touch my princess!", he started to run towards the end of the path with me, where a light was. Then the light was blocked off.
We were plummeted into complete and utter darkness, Chanyeol was shivering by my side and his grip tightened on my sides.
The lights flickered back on and there was 3 ghosts standing infront of us, one was the shadow splattered in blood and the other two had skin hanging off their faces and were limping towards us.
"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!", a scream boomed from Chanyeol, similar to a girl's scream. I was so suprised I forgot to scream myself, but I heard a sudden click and a flash.
Laughter came from the three ghosts, monsters.. whatever they were. "Hahahaha! Chanyeol, you're so funny!", Sehun's voice came out of the blood splattered shadow, "You look so funny in this picture too!", Sehun held up a polaroid of Chanyeol screaming with his mouth wide open and his arms around me while I was staring at him suprised. It was probably the funniest picture I've ever come across.
"Here HaYi, keep this for blackmail against Chanyeol!", Sehun handed it to me and then walked back down the path, "The enterance is on the right, I hope you had fun! Hehehe.."
 
After the horror event, we walked down to a classroom that was selling different street foods. "Yah! I want to buy a fish cake for my princess", Chanyeol waved a 1000 won con infront of a student who looked at him confused.
"He means Taiyaki..", I poked his side and Chanyeol giggled.
"Ah~, okay. One Taiyaki for you, sir!", the student handed Chanyeol a paper bag that had Taiyaki in it and took the 1000 won coin.
"Here my baby", Chanyeol placed the paper bag gently in my hands and looked at me, "enjooooy~"
I opened the paper bag and took out the Taiyaki, then ripped it in half and gave one half to Chanyeol, "You eat too! Sharing is caring, right?"
"Awwww, baby. I love you!", he bit into the Taiyaki and smiled.
"I think you love the cake more than me", I giggled at him and took a bite out of my own half.
"Anyaaa~, you know you're way more important than food", he took my hand and we walked around to look at the different events.
We had so much fun at the different stands, we ate different foods and played a lot of the stall games. Chanyeol even won me a massive teddy bear while playing a game where you had to throw a ball and knock down some cans. It felt like we were going on a date, just me and him.
"HaYi-ah.. is the dance event starting soon? I need to get my dancing-machine hat on!", Chanyeol laughed as we started to make our way back to the cafe.
"Anyaaa, you have to wear a dancing-machine mask, instead!", I .
 
To my suprise, I came back to a super busy cafe, people were bustling about, but no one was taking orders. I guess me and Chanyeol were gone for a lot of time..
"Ahhhh, HaYi! How was your day with Chanyeol? I hope you enjoyed it!", Jiyeon came and hugged me.
"I feel so bad Jiyeonnie! I left you alone..", I looked down at the floor.
"Anya, I wanted you to go have fun with Chanyeol"
"Awwww~, thank you so much. Is the dance starting soon?"
"Yep! Everyone's having tea now, I reserved a table for us, come on!", Jiyeon took my hand and we walked towards a table.
On the table was an adorable tea set, I felt like I had stepped back into time and was living in the British Victorian times, "Wow! This looks so good.. did you do this alone?"
"Anya, Kai helped me!", Kai came up behind Jiyeon and placed his chin on her head, "What kind of friend wouldn't help their dance partner, eh?"
I wasn't really a big fan of Kai and Jiyeon being dance partner.. I think her and Suho are a great match. After seeing them sing and dance from before, I kinda shipped them. Weird, I know. But they were the cutest.
 
I sat down and staredat the tea set and cakes before me, Chanyeol's hand shot out to a cup and the tea pot. He poured a cup of tea and placed the cup in front of me with a scone, "Here you goooo~". I looked at the different spreads I could place on the scone; jam, cream or honey? I went with jam.
There was different cakes on a cake stand and near it was a smoothie beside Kai, he picked up the cup of what looked like a berry smoothie and sipped from the cup.
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyeon.

"Ladies and Gentlemen.. Pease make your way to the hall for our Masquerdae Dance", a voice came from the entrance of the room and all the people ended up going out of the cafe and towards the sports hall.
"Let's go partner!", Chanyeol put on a mask and ran with HaYi to the hall.
"So.. shall we go dance?", Kai smirked at me an held his hand out. It felt like I was in a dream, kai looked so handsome in a suit with his mask on his head. I took his hand and he moved his mask over his face.
 
The hall was decorated with different fairy lights and had soft lights slowly sparkling all over the room. People were holding each other's hands and were wearing different coloured masks. As soon as we walked in, a few heads turned around and looked at the outfit I was wearing and looked at Kai, who was proudly holding my hand.
A song started to play and Kai took me to the middle of the dance floor, he placed my hands on his shoulders and his own hands on my waist and started to dance slowly to the music.
 
 
 
Our pace to the music was slow and light, however as the song carried on, Kai started to take little steps so that we were dancing in circles. he took my hand ans pun me around carefully and started to dance with me again.
"You look so beautiful Jiyeon..", his voice was a bare whisper and I could barely hear it above all the music.
A blush came to my cheeks and I looked at his eyes, they were the only part I could clearly look at, "Th-thanks.."
He pushed me closer to his body and started to sway with me, "I feel at peace dancing so calmly with you.."
The lights were playing on his mask, reflecting off the white notes painted on his mask. It felt like the dance was only a few seconds, not minutes and the song ended.
"I need to go to the toilet.. I'll come back really quick", Kai let go of my hand and left the hall. Another song played and I found that he was back, his hair looked slightly lighter, but I guess it was from the lights in the hall.
He took my hand and pulled me slightly, "I need to show you something..".
 
I kept on walking with Kai all the way up to the rooftop of the school. The sigh before me amazed me, there were candles all over the floor and petals were arranged in small scatters, some shapes were hearts and some were random scatters. The warm glow of the candles emphasised the dark and light colours of the rose petals on the floor, some of the petals were arranged into words like 'love' and 'saranghae', Kai must've took a long time to prepare this. There was a faint saint of vanilla in the air and it was mixed in with the scent of a strong fresh colonge. The candles flickered softly against the slight breeze, Kai took my arm and placed a beautiful pearl bracelet on my arm, each pearl was shining from the flicker of the candles. I the bracelet softly and looked at Kai.
"Let me dance with you.. my sweet princess..", he took my hand and linked my arms behind his neck, and placed his hands firmly on my waist.
"iPod play", a song started to play from the corner of where we were. It was a slow tune with a slow beat and we swayed together with my body pressed against Kai's body.
 
 
 
Halfway through the song, Kai started to sing. It was more beautiful than I remembered from last time, his voice was a higher pitch and more angelic. Unlike, the dance in the hall, it felt like I was with him for a life time, and when the song ended, I felt so dissapointed. "I'll always be here for you with open arms..", his mouth was pressed against my ear a bit and I felt his warm breathe against it. 
His head leaned down to me and my own head tilted up. He was going to kiss me..
I closed my eyes and waited for him to press his lips against mine, everything felt so perfect. so romantic..
However, I felt lips brush against the corner of my lips then Kai pulled back, "Not so soon.. my sweet Jiyeon..".
A breeze came and all the candles flickered out and left us in darkness, I squinted my eyes to see that no one was infront of me.
Was it dream?
I looked down on my arm to see the pearl necklace, I knew it wasn't a dream and I knew I should go find Kai to thank him for such a romantic time..
 
I was nearing the hall when I found Kai stood outside with a scowl on his face, "Where have you been?! I've been waiting for you..", he pouted and looked at the floor.
"I was just with you a few minutes ago..?"
"Anya.. I was here waiting for ten minutes, I thought you ditched me.."
 
If it wasn't Kai that was dancing with me on a candlelit rooftop..
Then.. who was it?
 

a u t h o r ' s  n o t e s 

awww, like i find it a super cute scene with hayi and chanyeol and jiyeon and her mystery dancer
who do you guys think it is? ;) ;) ;)
OMG YOU GUYS ITS CHANYEOLIE'S BIRTHDAY (Technically in the UK)

our precious happy virus is now 21! ;3;3

and I want to thank you all for 1000+ views.. saranghaeyo <3