Outsider.

Tears and Kisses

Jiyeon

"I'm hoooome~!", a voice sang up to my room. Umma.
 
Hearing her voice, I walked downstairs to greet her and noticed that she had picked up the box of macaroons that Suho had bought for me. He was such a great friend, inviting me out to coffee and cheering me up, if it wasn't for him, I'd probably catch a major cold and sit in egg shells and left overs. Yet I could not understand why Sumin would throw such a sick prank on me, all I did was admire Kai, wouldn't she feel proud for being envied by loads of girls?
 
"These macaroons taste good Jiyeon, but not as good as the cupcakes that I brought for you!", huh? Cake?
 
My eyes shot up at the word 'cupcake', right in front of me Umma was holding a box with a dozen cute dainty cupcakes, each one designed differently with a light shade of pastel icing.
 
"Hehe, those were a present from I friend I made today, Umma", I smiled at the cakes, "Can I keep six cakes for tomorrow? I want to give some to them."
 
"Of course! I can't believe my baby girl has already made friends, they're going to be so lucky to have you as a friend", my mother exclaimed in happiness as she put six cupcakes on a plate, then left the other six in the box.
 
"How about we make dinner and then go to sleep?", Umma suggested. She was right, I was completely tired from the day and all I wanted to do was go to sleep. Nodding my head up and down, I took a macaroon and took a bite into it. Yum.
 
 

✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀❀✿❀✿✿❀

 

The sunlight filtered through the window, shining on my face. It was a new day and this time I'm prepared to stand up to anyone who's going to try and knock me down. I went through the usual routine, then walked downstairs to find a plate with two pieces of buttered toast, one boiled egg and bacon on it, along with a cup of steaming tea. Next to what I presumed to be my breakfast, there was a note that said: 'You always make me breakfast, so now it's my turn. :) xx', I love my Umma, I really do.
I was munching on a piece of toast, when I heard a knock on the door. Walking to the door with a piece of toast in my mouth, I placed my hand on the door handle and slowly turned it.
 
"Hahaha! Jiyeon, why do you have a piece of toast in your mouth?", Chanyeol's deep voice boomed out to me. 
 
What on earth were the guys doing here? Before my eyes were D.O, Baekhyun, Sehun, Chanyeol and Suho while behind them Kai was tapping on his phone, unaware of anything around him. Probably texting Sumin. He looked so good in the morning while the warm sunlight was peeping through his platinum blonde hair, giving it a slight orange tint. The sunrays also warmed his skin tone more, making him look like a foreign price from somewhere exotic.
 
I took out the piece of toast from my mouth and pouted, "Aish! Why did you knock so early? I'm enjoying my breakfast you pabos".
 
"We just wanted to check on you and Suho said you had a cute house, so we wanted to check it out", Sehun looked at me then stared into the house.
 
"Well, it's rude that I'm not inviting you in, so.. come in", I took a bite out of my toast and walked back into the house and back to my breakfast.
 
"Uwaaa~, such a pleasant house", Baekhyun looked around the house.
"I agree with Baekhyun, your house has such a cosy feel to it Jiyeon", D.O sat beside me.
 
"Ah! I forgot to say good moring to you, Jiyeon", Suho timidly smiled at me, "Good morning Jiyeon!"
"Good morning to you too!", I chanted at him.
 
"Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, say good morning to us too!", Sehun nagged at me. He was such a kid sometimes but it was cute.
"Good morning guys! I hope you all had a good night sleep".
 
Kai looked up at his phone and smirked at me again, he looked so good when he smirked. I just wanted to run upto him and give him a massive hug as a greeting. "Morning, Jiyeon."
I nodded at him, then shoved the other piece of toast in my mouth.
 
"You eat more manlier than Sehun", Chanyeol giggled at my action.
"Oi! I'll let you know that I'm so manly, that I watched Titanic and I didn't cry at all", Sehun glared at him.
"What a lie.", D.O broke into the conversation, or should I say argument. "You kept bawling your eyes out two hours after the film finished while Kai had to hold you".
"That's true", Kai chimed in, his eyes bright and his smile was breathtaking. I'd never seen him smile, and at first I did think that he was a bit full of himself, but he seemed to start to loosen up a bit.
 
Suho came and sat down net to me, "So Jiyeon, did you like the macaroons?"
"They were really nice Suho, and.. um, thank you for yesterday..", my voice started enthusiastic then dimmed down to a mumble.
Everyone, including Kai, looked at Suho with a puzzled expression. "I took Jiyeon to 'Latté de Enchanter".
"And didn't invite us?!", Baekhyun stared at him in disbelief, "That's so mean Suho, you know how much we all like going there!"
"Hey, hey hey. I just wanted to get to know a friend better", Suho then stared at him with raised brows, which shut Baekhyun up.
 
I picked my plate up and put it in the sink, afterwards, I took the box full of cupcakes that was on the kitchen counter and turned around to the guys.
"I got you all cupcakes as a present! But Suho gets to have first pick because he got me macaroons."
"Awww.. why does Suho get first pick? If I did some aegyo, can I get first pick?", Chanyeol puffed out his cheeks and started to make a few funny faces. Such a dork, honestly.
The smell of icing filled the room as I opened the box of cupcakes, Suho looked at me with friendly eyes as I put the boc in front of him on the table.
 
"So pretty~", Baekhyun looked over Suho's shoulder, which resulted in him being swatted by Suho, "Hey! I was only looking, hyung".
 
Suho's fingertips reached out to the pastel blue cupcake, then moved to pick up the violet cupcake with the gold designs on it. His favorite colours were violet and gold after all. Soon after, the other guys crowded around him and picked their cupcakes.
Chanyeol hesitated and reached to pick the blue cupcake, then took a bite out of it, "Mmm, it tastes so nice Jiyeon!". 
Sehun took the rainbow coloured cupcake that was also rainbow inside, he laughed "It's just like my hair, look!", he placed it slightly near the top of his head.
Baekhyun went for the cupcake with green icing, "These are so nice Jiyeon".
Looking timidly at the cupcakes, Kai's hand reached towards the vanilla flavoured one, his eyes shut as he took a bite out of the cake, leaving a trace of icing on his lips. "Mmm...", he nodded his head while he wiped the smear of icing with his thumb. So freaking hot..
D.O looked between the red cupcake and the vanilla flavoured one, his hand went towards the red cupcake, "Where did you get these from, Jiyeon?! These are so good."
 
"Well actually.. My umma is a baker so she brought some back and I wanted to give you some of the cupcakes", I started to rub the floor with the tip of my toe.
"So nice..", Suho remarked as he popped the last piece of the cupcake in his mouth, "Let's roll out guys".
 
 
 
 
We were nearing school when I heard screams coming from near the gates, "EXO-K!". Suho sighed and ran his fingers messily through his hair then stared at me, "Hey, stay close to me Jiyeon, I don't want you getting knocked down by these girls".
"Yeah.. they get a bit wild when they see a girl hang out with us", Baekhyun murmured. 
"I think it's crazy how they all go wild..", Sehun sighed.
 
"Yah! Kai Oppaaaa~", I heard that annoying voice behind us, "wait for me oppas!"
Sumin was running at us, her hair bouncing perfectly with a smile plastered across her face that screamed fake. Suho looked at me while my expression faltered and tugged on my sleeve, "Come on..".
 
As we all entered through the school gates, screams emitted from the different crowds then suddenly faded as they noticed that there was an extra person walking among the seven people. Whispers turned the atmosphere heavy as girls eyed me with glares and snarls. The silence was accompanied with my beating heart, I knew I was done for after I walked into the school building, because all I could feel in my back were imaginary daggers that were being sent by various girls.
 
"Yo' Jiyeon, we'll meet you at the cafeteria later, right?", D.O asked me with a smile.
Suho patted me on the shoulder and whispered, "Be careful, okay? If anything happens, come to me straight away". 
It seems that Kai heard Suho's whisper, because he as Suho was whispering to me, he was hugging Sumin. However, his eyes were looking at Suho and he looked like he was concentrating. He let go of Sumin and pecked her on the cheek, then she merely sauntered off with a smug smile on her face.
 
"So full of herself..", Suho puffed out his cheeks, smiling at me, then turned around to walk to his homeroom.
 
The ringing of the bell made me walk separately from the guys, except that Kai and Sehun seemed to go in the same direction as I am. My feet dragged along the corridor until I reached my homeroom '3-A', the room was filled with chatter and laughing. As soon as I opened the door, the chatter faded away and I realised that some people were glaring at me, however, this one girl was smiling brightly at me - a pure and genuine smile. Sehun went into the other room next door and Kai walked past me and stood at a place that were full of whispering boys.
 
"Ah, Park Jiyeon, welcome to your homeroom!", a teacher beamed at me, "I'm your homeroom teacher Mr. Choi, please stand at the front of the class and introduce yourself".
I walked into the classroom and stood infront of the whispering crowd of people, "Ah.. annyeong-ha-seyo~, Park Jiyeon imnida..", I bowed to the people in front of me.
"You can sit next to Lee HaYi, Jiyeon", Mr Choi told me.
 
The smiling girl waved her hand at me and patted the seat next to her, I walked upto her and plonked in the seat next to her. My bag went on the floor and I smiled at HaYi, "Hi! I'm Jiyeon".
"Hehe, I'm HaYi, it's really nice to meet you Jiyeon. Oh, I loveeee~ your backpack, it's just so cute!", babbled HaYi, she was really cute, her hair was medium length and had a red-brown tone, she was curvy and had medium height. Her eyes were sparkling as she talked and her lips were full and a pretty shade of pink.
 
The smell of cologne wafted from behind me, so I turned around and realised I was face to face with Kai. He started at me and then smirked at me again. Umph. My body swiveled back quickly and I faced to turn HaYi, "Hey, want to sit with me at lunch?"
 
 
 
K A I
 
I looked at the person in front of me in my homeroom, she had pretty shades of brown in her hair.  Yesterday Suho suddenly befriended her, which was a bit weird because he never usually makes friends with girls. But Jiyeon seemed to be a bit weird and crazy, and Suho liked the chatty friendly type of people as friends. She really hit off with the guys at lunch, but Sumin seemed to be a bit too nice to her. Last time someone joined our group, I heard rumors that Sumin had bullied and hurt them so much that they moved schools, but then again it was by those crazy fangirls..
Me and her go way back, all the way to kindergarten , I remember her innocent smile and her playing about with me. We went to the same schools and I started to develop feelings for her at around 7th Grade, I confessed to her and ever since we've been dating. Sometimes I hear rumors about her using me just for my looks and my popularity, but I don't believe that..
 
My train of thoughts were cut off when I realised that Jiyeon had turned around and was staring at me, her eyes widened in suprisement and I smirked at her. She was kinda cute, I guess. I was facing her back in a moment and looked at the front of the home room, she could've at least said hi to me, I don't see why she can socialise with the guys, but when it comes to me she just acts a awkward. 
The bell rang and the whole class started to shift out of the classroom, Jiyeon was happily chattering to her female friend. So lively, she has a nice laugh..
 
"Kai! Come oooon~", Sehun nagged at me from the outside door, that kid can be so annoying some times.
 
The lessons were boring as usual, I was sat in maths while the teacher droned on about Spearman's Rank and tapped on the board continuously. My mind was drifting off and my fingers were drumming the table, a beat started to form from my tapping and was soon cut off by Mr Dickhead-Math.
"Kim Jongin, cut that out or else you're going to be copying up the school rules fifty times", the tapping on my table stopped.
The teacher's droning carried on going in one ear and coming out of the other until the bell had rung and everyone headed out for lunch.
 
"Hyung, I'm going to go to the toilet, go ahead okay?" Sehun chimed at me, I nodded at him and made my way towards the cafteteria.
 
While I was walking towards the cafeteria, I heard a voice that had stopped me in my tracks.
"Yah! I told you, me and Suho have nothing, we're just really good friends", Jiyeon's voice echoed from a shadowed area in the empty corridor. I turned my head and I saw that a bunch of girls had corned Jiyeon into an awkward situation. My blood started to boil and I clenched my fists, how dare they question Jiyeon in that way..
One suddenly landed a slap across her face and I felt my body temperature heat in rage. What the was going on with me? 
I stared at Jiyeon again and saw tears form in her eyes, I gritted my teeth and started to pace myself towards them.
 
My eyes widened in shock again as I saw that another girl had started to hit Jiyeon, "You're nothing but a stupid , trying to get in Suho oppa's pants! You're filth and scum!" 
"Anya! I'm just his friend, we're nothing more but frien-mpppphh!", a hand went over and another girl had started to hit her.
 
"Oi!", my voice had boomed out towards them.
"! Someone's coming, run!", a voice squeaked and the girls had scattered.
 
Jiyeon leaned against the wall with her hand on her side, I ran towards her and saw that she was wheezing a little bit. I realised what Suho was on about before - Jiyeon was getting bullied.
 
"Jiyeon, hey.. you okay?", I reached my hand out to her, but she looked up at me with helpless, lonely eyes.
"Don't worry Kai, I've had worse in the past.", her voice echoed to my ears.
 
In that moment, I didn't know what had taken over me, my arms had wrapped around her shoulders and I rested my chin on her head. It could've been her helpess eyes, or the fact that she was being bullied harshly in the past. Gently, she wrapped her arms around me, returning the hug, I took a deep breath through my nose and I could smell the faint aroma of vanilla.
She then pushed against me slightly and looked at me with eyes that were full of happiness, completely the opposite of what her eyes were a few moments ago.
"I'm okay, Kai..", she smiled at me, then turned away from me.
 
"Yah! Jiyeon", she turned around to look at me, "thanks for the cupcake from before, I really enjoyed the vanilla taste".
She pouted her lips and replied, "It's no biggie!",  then walked off.
 
Soon after Jiyeon leaving, my phone had vibrated and I looked at the screen; 'Eyes has one new blog post'
 
My lips curled into a slight smile.
 
 

Author's Notes.

 

 

(My face right now^)
 
Blah~ I'm sorry for the lousy chapter guys!
I hope you all like it >_>
 
I'll make it up to you guys with some Kai