Raindrops.

Tears and Kisses

Jiyeon.

'Pitter, pat. Pitter, pat. Pitter, Pat.'

 

The raindrops kept slivering down the windows while I stared at them in complete and utter boredom, it was yet another day in this hell called high school. I don't seem to understand why I have to come to such a place anyway, it's such a useless place to go to.

Chalk kept on scraping against the boards while the teacher droned on about the quadratic formula or something along those lines. Maths really does eggs. I stared out at the window again looking at two raindrops racing against each other, raindrop one looked like it was about to win when raindrop two suddenly slithered quickly down the clurry glass.

Behind me were two girls whispering loudly about some date they went on about, urgh, it was probably about their stupid jerky boyfriends..

Whack!

Another paper-ball hit the side of my face with the massive letters FREAK  on them.

God sake. The people here prance about thinking they're God's gift or something, then look down on you, expecting you to kiss their glittery heels and manicured toe nails. Gross.        

Every day I come here yet I've never felt like I was able to fit in somehow, people just stare at me like I'm something on the bottom of their shoes and just carry on ignoring me.

It's happened all my life..

As a child I'd just sit outside the play area and look at the children play, hoping and praying that one person would just invite me over or just give me a toy to play with. Nothing.

Slowly I started to grow up and nothing seemed to change at all, the people in my life were growing up with, going to the same schools as me.. but.. I've just never felt like I've been apart of any of it- my chain of thoughts were ceased by the school bell ringing, which was announcing the end of the school day.

 

All at once, the students stood up and bowed to their teacher then waited to be dismissed. I stood up with my Hello Kitty backpack over one shoulder when I heard Mr Lee call for her, "Park Jiyeon, can you stay behind class for a few minutes, please? All other students are dismissed".

Some people stared at me while snickering, while I was patiently waited at the teacher's desk as the other pupils hurriedly filed out of the classroom.

Aish, I hope this isn't about the maths test that I-

"Miss Park, you do realise that you have yet again failed another test and this time I'm not joking about your shocking grades", Mr Lee started to rant.

"I don't care about your so-called problems at home, as a student you should consider the responsibilities that you have. You're not a kid anymore, you have to study and achieve a good grade to be somewhere in life.. and looking at your grades.. I can tell where you're going".

Urgh, I honestly don't care about your stupid rant Mr Lee.. this teacher has been ranting at me for the past year or so, and I'm still in his class..

"Park Jiyeon..", Mr Lee snapped my fingers in front of my face.

"Huh?", I stared at him in confusion.

"Just go home, and tell your mother about this". Damn.

 

 

I slowly trudged through the light rain, flashes of cars were passing me slowly, their bright lights twinkling and sparkling through the speckles of rain and water. The rain kept on falling until I reached an old building with the flower beds slightly overgrown and the windows blurry, which had chipping paint all around its' borders.

I admit, me and my umma don't have the best house in the world, but hey! Home is where the heart is, right?

Timidly opening the door, I wiped my shoes on the doormat then placed them in the shoe cabinet that was by the side.

"Jiyeooooon~, I have some great news for you!", my eyes widened in excitement at the announcement, then I walked into the living room. My umma was smiling at me, while she was fixing the necklace around her neck..

I hate that necklace.. it reminds me of what she has..

"I finally found a job, Jiyeon!", she exclaimed, "But we have to move, which means moving schools and house.. You don't mind.. right?"           

 

What?                     

I think the Lord just answered my requests of leaving this hellhole called a high school, I'm finally going to have a new start, a new begining..

I guess I don't have to show her my test grades after all..

 


 

Author Notes:

Hello guys!

This is my first go at a fanfic, so please go easy on me? ^-^

If any of you guys want to message me, feel free to do so, I don't mind critisim anyway either.

Oh and just a side note, I'm British so I apologise if I confuse any people with the British way of spelling things.

 

Anywaaaaay, how are you guys?