Ice cream

Tears and Kisses

 

 

Jiyeon.

It was the start of the school week and I wanted to stay in my bed. It was calling out to me, I pulled the covers closer to me and I regretted waking up.
"Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah~ Jiyeon, get out of bed or I'll drag you ot of it", umma's voice erupted from downstairs. My umma can be scary when it comes to waking me up in the morning. I remember this one time she poured a bucket of cold water with ice all over my face then threw me outside. She can be crazy, but I love my umma.
Loud thuds were heard on the first flight of stairs, then the second flight of stairs, "I'm gonna' draaaaag you out of bed!", my umma came rushing in my room with a crazy grin. Her hands gripped on my arms and I suddenly found myself flying through the air with my bed covers and pillow. I fell face first onto the cold hard floor while my umma stood laughing, "You never learn! You know your crazy umma will do what she says. Get ready, breakfast is downstairs and your lover boy will call for you".
My head perked up at the words 'lover boy' and I stared at her with widened eyes.
"What? You think that I didn't see you peck him on the cheek? I still think the blonde one is better looking.."
"Ummaaaaaaaa~!", I moaned at her and was about to lecture her until she cut me off.
"Do you have a picture of the two guys, Jiyeon? I mean you should do by now..", umma eyed my phone.
"You'd probably look through my phone anyway..", I reached out to my phone and showed her the two selcas Suho and Kai had sent me.
"Oh my.. they're both.. wow", umma was holding onto my phone and staring at the screen with wide eyes. She turned her gaze to me after she spent five minutes gauping at the screen, "Get ready for school pabu~".
 
After I spent half an hour or so of getting changed and complaining about going to school, I came downstairs to find that my umma hadn't left yet.
"I'm going to check the Suho guy out, he's kinda' my type", she grinned at me.
"Ummaaaaaaaaaaaa! That's called ia.."
"So what?! I bet he's a good catch", she wiggled her eyebrows up and down as I picked up a croissant and started to munch on it. The sweet taste of honey filled my mouth and it complimented the fresh taste of the croissant.
By the time I had finished my breakfast, I heard knocking on my door.
"I'll go get it!", umma ran to the front door and flung the door open. Before her she saw Kai leaning against the wall and Suho stood infront of the door with a smile.
"Ah, Ms. Park, good morning!", Suho bowed and stook his hand out.
"Good morning Suho! And I'm guessing you're Kai", umma shook Suho's hand and turned her gaze towards Kai.
"Yep. I'm Kai, nice to meet you Ms. Park", Kai leaned off the wall and held his hand out.
"Morning Kai~, you two can come in, Jiyeon's busy being a pain in the ", she stepped aside to let the two walk into the house.
 
"I'm so sorry about my umma, she can get a bit crazy sometimes..", I sighed as I walked in between Suho and Kai.
"It's fine, Jiyeon. You have a cool umma, unlike my umma..", Suho laughed and put his arm around my shoulder as if it was the most natural thing to do.
"Don't worry about it, Ms. Park is cool, a bit crazy, but cool", Kai looked at Suho's arm draped on my shoulder.
 "There's a committee meeting after school today, I'll bring some snacks!", Suho tightened his grip on my shoulder blade. he was acting a bit weird and I didn't know why he was acting a bit possessive.
"Anya, don't worry, snacks are on me", Kai smirked, I didn't understand how someone can look so y while smirking.
As we got closer to the school gates, Suho took his arm off my shoulder.
"Anyeong Jiyeon!", HaYi came running to me and wrapped her arms around me, she sneakily looked at Suho and then wiggled her eyebrows at me. She whispered into my ear, "Did you and Suho make any progress?"
"Anyaaaa~ I told you, it's nothing!", I hissed at her question but I got odd stares from Kai.
"Anywaaaaaaay, we have a committee meeting today!"
 
The school bell rung and we all went to our seperate ways. Before I went, Kai wrapped his arms around me and gave me a gentle hug.
"Let's go to the homeroom together".
 
I knew today was going to be a good day after he hugged me.
 
 
✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀❀✿❀✿❀
 
 
"Where's Kai?!", a member of the committee, Changsun, stood near the table tapping impatiently on the wood.
Suddenly the door slammed open and I saw that Kai walked in with his arms full of cans of coffee and snacks, he also had a bag of sweets in his mouth. He dropped all the snacks onto the table and took the bag of sweets from his mouth's grip.
"Sorry, I got hungry and I wanted to bring in some snacks. Last time I joined these meetings, we ended up staying much longer than usual. I'm only taking precautions.."
Kai sat down next to me and opened the bag of sweets and offered one to me. I kindly shook my head and looked at the board.
"Right, so what kind of event do you think we should do for our year?", Changsun picked up a pen and wrote 'Cultural Festival' in big letters at the top of the board.
"We can do something to do dressing up, more people go to those kind of events", HaYi suggested, her hands were on top of each other as she smiled.
"That's a good idea!", Changsun wrote 'dressing up' on the board.
For a good thirty minutes people suggested other ideas like a fancy dress party, a play and someone even suggested an event where people dressed up as anime characters and pretended we were living in a cartoon.
I felt something fall on my knees so I looked down and found a folded piece of paper. Slowly reaching for it, I silently opened it and read it:
 
"So boooooooring, eat some snacks pabu! I bought these especially for you ♥  (just joking)
want to go get ice cream later? ;)
- kai"
 
A smile spread across my face as I looked to the side to look at Kai, he was smiling at me, however it seemed like he was slowly leaning in. I felt a poke at my side and Kai whispered against my ear, "Yes or no?", he pushed a box of Pocky in front of me.
Shivers ran down my spine as I felt his breathe warm on my ear, I gulped before whispering back to him, "okay, we'll go get ice cream.." I looked back to the board and felt Kai lean away from me.
"How about we also do something to do with food? People like eating food.. I mean, look at Kai", Suho pointed at Kai, who started to stuff his face with gummy bears. He looked so cute eating sweets just like a kid.
 
"I agree, loads of people eat at festivals", right next to 'dressing up', Changsun wrote 'food', "What else guys?"
 
"Why don't we do like a masquerade cafe? People who work there get to dress up and people eat food?" I questioned, Changsun looked at me with bright eyes.
 
 
 
"That's a really good idea Jiyeon! All those who want to do a masquerade cafe raise their hands!", almost a majority of the committee raised their hands.
"How about we add a dance too? Like at the end of the dance.. and the amazing thing about it is that people won't know who they're dancing with..", Kai's voice boomed across to the board, his hand in a bag of crisps.
"Hm.. that's a good idea..", Changsun wrote 'dance' at the bottom of the board, "So, we're going to do a cafe with a masquerade theme, and at the end of the event we will do a dance. This finished quicker than I excepted.. you're all dismissed".
 
We all left the room and I waited outside for Kai. Suho came upto me and poked my side, "Want to go grab a coffee?"
"I'm sorry Suho.. I promised Kai we'll get ice cream", I sighed and looked at the floor with disappointment. I should've at least told Suho that I was had plans so he wouldn't have to come ask me.
Wait. Why do I even need to tell Suho? He's just a friend, he'd understand.
"Oh, it's fine. You go have fun eating ice cream", even though his voice was calm and gentle there was a slight hint of an emotion I couldn't recognize. He then turned around and left me. 
 
"Hey Jiyeon~, you ready to go?", Kai wrapped his arms around my body and put his head on my chin.
"Uh, yeah. I'm ready to go!", I looked up and he was looking down to me, his big brown eyes were filled with happiness as a slight smile played upon his lips. We held each other's gaze for a bit until I saw that his cheeks were a hint of red. I was suprised, even the almighty y Kai blushed.
"Okay, let's go then!", He held my hand, then laced my fingers with his. After he looked at me and ruffled my hair, his thumb started to caress my hand. The soft of his thumb against my skin sent a warm sensation to my fingertips and I felt my shoulder relax. Kai had this aura around him, as soon as I was with him I just relaxed and stayed calm.
Our journey to the ice cream shop was long and the cold had started to get to me. My body shivered a bit and Kai noticed it, so he let go of my hand and took his jacket off.
"Take my jacket Jiyeon, I don't want you to get cold!", he made me wear his jacket and he zipped it up.
His scent was intoxicating, it was a rich musk aroma that distracted all my senses. The scent in his coat was rich and I felt the warmth of his coat surround my body. I felt Kai lace his fingers with mine again and he pulled me closer to his side, "Just to make sure you won't get ill.."
While I was by his side, I noticed the sharpness of his jaw-line and felt the urge to trace it all the way down his neck. His very being was mesmerizing, I didn't understand how someone could have such perfect features, yet again, I could. I mean, I was standing next to a living angel.
"Jiyeon..", Kai's voice interrupted my thoughts, but his voice was soft.
"Yes, Kai?"
"I noticed that you're really cute and funny.. but I've been too.. uh.. shy to tell you Jiyeon..", his thumb resumed my hand and I felt that same warmth fill me up again.
"Th-thanks, Kai.."
"I really mean it Jiyeon..", his voice trailed off as we arrived at the ice cream shop, ".. we're here.."
 
 
K A I
 
I opened the door for Jiyeon to walk into the ice cream shop. I especially picked this one out because its' target audience is couples. You pick the ice cream together, get matching bowls and eat in privacy. I was confusing myself, I didn't know why I had put so much effort the day before to find an ice cream shop that Jiyeon would love. At first, I was nervous about her not liking the place but as soon as she walked in her face lit up and a smile came across her face. 
"Shall we go look at the different flavours?", I tugged at her hand and we walked towards the counter. Jiyeon's hands were small and delicate and it made me want to hold her hands and gently warm them up from the sudden cold. These feelings are familiar to me and I knew they were the same feelings I had for Sumin when we first started to date. When I thought of her name, a bland taste came into my mouth. I couldn't stand her and I don't want to think of her anymore. 
 
We stood in front of the different flavors and Jiyeon stood staring at the various options.
"Annyeonghaseyo! Welcome to Parfait, what flavors would you like to eat?", a person came up to us behind the counter with an ice cream scoop.
 
 
Her eyes were placed on the cookies and cream flavor, Jiyeon was her lips and she pplaced her hand onto the glass.
"We'll both take cookies and cream", I smiled at the person behind the counter.
"Araso, please take a seat and we'll bring your order to you!"
I found Jiyeon's hand again and guided her through the shop to a small corner away from the quiet chatter of couples. The corner had a small two-seat sofa on it and was brightly lit due to it being near to a window. Jiyeon timidly sat on the sofa and I joined her, there was a small coffee table in front of us and I placed her bag beside it.
"Do you like the shop?"
"Yeah, it's so nice and cosy.. It has a nice atmosphere..", she relaxed into the sofa and her finger was playing with the zip of my jacket, "I should give this back to you".
"Anya, you wear it.. anyway..-"
"Here's your order!" a happy voice cut my line of speech and placed two adorable bowls of ice cream on the table. 
"Thank you!", Jiyeon's gaze was on the two bowls of ice cream.
 
 
"Which bowl do you want, yours or mine?", I joked around at her and she giggled at my comment.
"I'll take yours!"
"What? The one with less ice cream in it?"
"Anyaaaa~ pabu! You know what I mean!""
"Say ah~ and I'll ive you mine, 'ahah", I picked up the spoon in the bowl labeled 'mine' and scooped some ice cream. After that, I gently pressed it against her lips.
"Say ahhhh~", however Jiyeon shook her head.
"Fine.. I'll just eat it..", I grinned at her.
"Anya-", I placed the spoon in and she soon turned quiet. Her eyes closed as she savored the taste of the ice cream as her hand gripped onto the spoon I was holding. She tried to tug it away from my hand, but I placed my other hand ontop of hers and tugged gently. She let go of it and pouted at me, "Pabu~.."
"I think you earned this ice cream now..", I pushed the bowl towards her and picked up the bowl labeled 'yours'.
When she held onto the spoon, I felt the sudden urge to just take her hands and kiss her. I gave myself a hard mental slap. She's not someone you can mess with Kai, she's way too special to play around with..
"So..", Jiyeon's spoon was pressed against her lower lip and she was staring at me, "When did you first start to dance?"
I took a spoonful of ice cream and then smiled, "I started when I was 8, I did jazz and ballet first. My parents wanted me to learn taekwondo and the piano but I lost interest of it in a while. I kinda wanted to learn ballet instead when I watched 'The Nutcracker' when I was in fourth grade. Then after a bit I developed my knowledge of hip-hop dancing, popping and locking after I started to practice in that deserted building.."
After I finished my explanation, Jiyeon was staring at me with wide eyes, "Uwaa~, it feels like I'm listening to those teenage success stories.."
"Hahaha, I hope to become a professional dancer and maybe even sing.."
"You should really follow that dream Kai.. I bet you'll be successful!"
We resumed eating our ice cream,  and talked about ourselves, laughed at jokes and teased each other.
 
As we were finishing our ice cream, Jiyeon was putting her finger in the bowl and the contents off her fingers. It was a cute sight to behold, she looked so innocent ice cream off her finger.
"What are you doing, Jiyeon?", I laughed at her and pointed to her finger.
" ice cream..", she pointed at my bowl, "Do you want that?"
"Anya.. but I want this..", I grabbed her finger and placed t into my mouth. My tongue swirled around the ice cream that was left on her fingers,  the taste of cookies and cream blended in with her own taste; vanilla. It was an addictive taste.. it really was..
Even though there wasn't any ice cream on her finger, I carried on at her finger until she tried to pull away. I stared at her wide eyes and the shade of pink splashed across her cheeks.
"Kai..", her eyes looked down at my bowl, "You're going to give me your bowl for that! Pabu, pabu, pabu! That was my last of ice cream!"
Her reaction was not what I was expecting at all and had caused me to laugh, "If you want my bowl, you better it off my finger. Unless you're too cowardly..""Game on..", Jiyeon narrowed her eyes and folded her arms.
I wiped my finger across my bowl and poked her lips with it, smearing the ice cream all over her lips. Jiyeon merely it off with her tongue, with her eyes still narrowed and her arms folded, "You should know by now Kai.. I'll do anything for ice cream".
After that statement, she took my finger into and all the ice cream off my finger then released my finger from her lips. Disappointment filled me, I thought she'd at least take her time.  I placed my finger into the bowl again and put it into my own mouth.
Jiyeon was staring at me after I all the ice cream from my fingertip, "We just shared an indirect kiss, Jiyeon", I smirked at her as her face turned bright red.
 
 
Jiyeon was funny to be around, her smile and her laugh lightened up my mood.
I wanted to make her mine.
"Say Jiyeon.. how about you be my partner for this masquerade cafe thing..?"
 
 

a u t h o r ' s   n o t e sk

I want to thank you guys for subscribers, and 925+ views..

you guys are the best seriously
really wanted to do some kai-jiyeon time.. >_> dont shoot me please..

i can't think of a ship name for kai and jiyeon,, someone help me? ._.
saranghaeyo my readers! comment anything you liked and anything you didn't like, oh and press the tinnyyy subscribe button