An Angel to the Rescue.

Tears and Kisses

 

S U H O

It felt strange, every single girl in the changing room has left and started to go home. There was usually a free lesson after gym, in which the students could either join a club, hang about with their friends or just go home. It really was weird how Jiyeon hasn't come out yet.. Sumin isn't out either, then again she could be somewhere flirting openly with Kai. Jiyeon's really cute when I think about it, she has some sort of feeling around her, where you can just be relaxed and have fun, but putting that aside, I really needed to know where she is.

"Jiyeon? Jiyeooooooooon?", I called out into the changing room. Strange, there was no reply at all, but the sudden sound of footsteps were heard in 'Changing Room 1'. I guessed it was Jiyeon because she must be the only one there. Tentatively, I slowly crept into the changing room and started to look around the area, the changing room was empty, but the showers in the showering room seemed to be at the fullest. An idiot must of left the showers on again. I shrugged and turned to go into the shower room when something caught the corner of my eye - a Hello Kitty bag, I wouldn't even have to guess twice that such a cute bag would belong to no other than Jiyeon. My heart started to beat a little quickly, she wasn't in the shower, was she? My question was soon asnwered when I noticed that there were no school clothes near her bag, which meant that she was probably in the shower room clothed..

"Jiyeon!", I walked into the shower room and the sight before me shocked me - to my heart, "Oh my god..".

Lying on the floor was Jiyeon, her clothes were soaked through and there was a pungent smell in the room. All the showers were running at the coldest temperature, their waters slowly filling up the room. I quickly went over to Jiyeon, and wrapped an arm around her shoulder, but my hand was then covered in some kind of slippery goo that seemed to have the smell of leftovers and eggs. Her head lifted up and I saw an even more terrible sight that made my heart pang; tears were flooding down her eyes as her hair was stuck along the frame of her face. She was a mess.

"Suho..", her voice sounded faint and at that instance slight anger rise within me.

"Jiyeon!", I called to her, another arm went under her legs and I picked her up with worry in my eyes. Then I slowly placed Jiyeon on her feet as I went to turn all the showers off that were slowly filling up the room. Once all the showers were turned off, I turned to a shivering, tear-stained Jiyeon then took my blazer off and put it around her shoulders. Afterwards, I went inside the changing room to get her bag, then came back to pick her up once again to carry her to the infirmary.  Whoever did this to her is sick and twisted, Jiyeon's literally been in this school for three-quarters of a day and people have already started to play stupid pranks on her.

When they reached the infirmary, Suho placed her on the infirmary bed and looked around. No one was there, great. 

"Suho..", Jiyeon called my name again, so I turned, "You can leave, I can't take care of myself.. you don't want to be stuck with a mess like me". 

"No, you're going to sit there, dry yourself and wipe whatever is on your clothes", I looked at her firmly with a serious look. She isn't going to stay here on her own at all, I don't know whether someone will come and pull another prank on her. There was also another reason why I wanted to help her, but I couldn't make it our myself, my mind was blank and the only matter that is important to me now is Jiyeon's health and safety. There were towels in a cupboard I opened so I threw two at Jiyeon, indicating that I wanted her to dry herself and wipe that substance all over her. 

"So.. who did this to you Jiyeon?", my eyes looked at her helpless self. After a few minutes of silence from her, I walked over to her with a towel in my hands, which I then started to dry her hair with while she wiped away what looked like a few small piece of an eggshell.

"Look.. I know you're scared of telling me, but I won't let you get hurt Jiyeon, it's wrong that someone has done like this to you when you haven't even done something to piss someone off", I wiped away the goo from her hair then wrapped an arm around her shoulders, giving her a hug. "I'm here to help you, I'm not pretending to be your friend Jiyeon..", that was true. To begin with, as soon as she had walked through that office door, my mind was telling me that she would be a really good friend. 

"I d-don't know, Suho.. I walked into the shower and someone pushed me on the floor, threw some weird stuff at me.. then..", she stopped. 

"Then..?", my other came came across her shoulder, pressing into a comforting hug.

"Then.. I was threatened and told that I was way out of you guys' league..", Jiyeon mumbled quietly.

I kept holding her in the comforting hug, then let go of her to look at her face. "You're not out of anyone's league Jiyeon, they're just jealous because we don't usually make friends with people, but I guess I knew that you were going to be a great friend", my voice whispering to emphasise how much I actually meant the words, they were sincere and honest. Jiyeon was a funny person, easy to talk to and really, really cute. Smiling at me with sad eyes, I knew that I had to cheer her up or else I'd end up worrying myself even more about her.

"Hey listen, how about you get changed, there are spare clothes in the closet over there", I pointed to a closet in the corner of the room, "You can get changed and then I'll take you out for a coffee, okay?" Her head nodded up and down at my invitation, a smile crept across my face as I left the infirmary and stood outside. Whoever did this to was sure going to pay, she was too sweet to pick on.

 

Jiyeon.

I was in the infirmary getting changed from the incident that has just happened. If it wasn't for Suho, I'd probably still be lying on the floor crying until I realised that I had to go home. He was just like an angel, coming to my help and then even asking me out for a coffee. My heart hurt from what Sumin said, or at least I think it was her. I knew that I wasn't that special, but to soak me in cold water and what  figured out to be left overs and a crap load of eggs - ew. In some ways, I don't understand how someone so perfect like Kai would end up dating someone like Sumin, honestly even though Kai was a bit cold to me at lunch, he seemed to be playful afterwards, it could mean that I could have a chance with him.. hopefully. I shouldn't take so long to get changed, Suho was waiting outside for me so he could take me to a coffee but I could just decline his offer, I was probably annoying him..

 

S U H O

After a few minutes of waiting the door opened and Jiyeon came outside with her bag in the embrace of her arms, however she looked at me in an apologetic manner and smiled, she was going to decline. I knew it. Right before she could make a sound, I grabbed her sleeve and dragged her along the corridor towards the gates of the school.

"S-suho! You don't have to take me", she whined at me. Her voice came back to that same kind and joking manner, I guess I'm already cheering her up!

"Don't be silly, I saw you nod your head so I'm not going to pretend that you said no", I .

Letting go of her sleeve, we reached the outside of the school building and headed towards the gate. My hands went into my trouser pockets and I stared at her, "So.. let's go get some coffee?" I grinned at her, as she nodded her head.

"Trust me Jiyeon, you'll enjoy this café, it has really tasty cakes!, her eyes lit up at the word 'cakes'. Hah.

                                                             

 

We arrived at the café and bakery with the sign saying "Latte de Enchanter", before we walked into the shop, Jiyeon took out her phone and snapped a shot of the sign infront of us, she then turned to me and showed me the picture on her phone;

 

I admit, Jiyeon was good at taking pictures of simple things, and that impressed me.

"Shall we?", I smirked at her as I opened the door for her to walk into the café.

As soon as I walked in, the homely smell of coffee hit my senses, infused with the aroma of freshly baked cakes and pastries, it was a treat for my senses to smell such a pleasant and satisfying smell. There were small tables all around the shop, couples were sat here and there smiling and laughing with each other. Near the entrance, there was the counter at which a person looked at me and smiled.

"May I take your order?", she first looked at Jiyeon, who was busy staring at the sign reading the various drinks that were on sale.

"Um.. They all look so good", she said in awe, the barista laughed at her remark. "One caramel latté please! Oh, and can I have whipped cream on top of it?", the barista nodded her head while she wrote  down the order on a picece of paper, which she then stuck onto a cup.

"And I'm guessing the usual Suho?", the barista, JiWoo, smiled at me too. Yep, my usual is a Caffé Latte made with semi-skimmed milk, I like the coffee to bit a tad stronger than what it usually is, but aside that it's a pretty simple classic drink.

"Yup, the usual", I reached for my wallet when Jiyeon swatted my hand and pouted.

"Aish! You already paid for my friend chicken, you're definitely not going to pay for my drink too! Please Miss, don't let him pay!", she protested at me with furrowed brows as she reached for her own wallet.

"JiWoo, ignore Jiyeon, she's thirsty and doesn't know what she's saying", I put the amount of money needed on the counter and then dragged Jiyeon by her sleeve again to a table. Dragging her has become such a habit, even though I've only known this girl for a day.. well, except when I looked at her school folder, then you can say I've known about her for a week or two.

"You're such a pabu~", she whined at me, "you're going to end up paying for my toilet rolls too if you don't stop!". She says such random things, what a strange but funny girl..

"Hey, it's not my fault that I like to spoil my friends.. I mean, they don't even write my name with an S anymore, they use the American dollar sign '$' instead of the S. Seriously, it's not even funny but they just laugh about it and joke about..", her small smile crept up into a wider smile as she heard me speaking. The smell of caramel was near me when I saw that JiWoo had placed our drinks onto the table and glanced at me with a smile. "Enjoy!"

Jiyeon reached for her cup, then picked it up to place at her lips. Her eyes closed as she inhaled the intoxicating smell of caramel and coffee, plus the aroma was intensified with the homely smell of the café and the cakes. In contrast to what she looked like before, Jiyeon honestly looked like she was enjoying her time here, she looked peaceful and calm as she lapped at her drink and yet my mind was still telling me that something was wrong. I ignored the stupid nagging my mind kept on annoying me with. I suddenly saw that a bit of the whipped cream had left a mark at the side of her face, and without thinking I reached out to gently wipe the cream off her face. Due to my sudden gesture, Jiyeon stared at me with suprised eyes and swallowed her drink.

"You had whipped cream on your face..", I answered her unspoken question, then I picked my latte up and slowly sipped at the drink. Her skin was really smooth and soft to touch..

 

✿❀✿❀✿❀

 

 

We spent a couple of hours talking, I found out a lot of things about her; she really loved doing Photography, her mother also worked in a bakery, she liked to dress in a very classical and fashionable way, but loved to laze about in her pajamas and eat gummy bears when she was alone at home. I liked listening to her random ramblings about her childhood memories of playing with her teddies, but I also liked listening to her lively voice. During our conversation, I told her different things about me; like how I loved Pirates of the Caribean, had a puppy named Star, loved reading comics and had my first kiss with my iguana. Her laugh was pretty too, it was the twinkling sort that reminded you of a fairy. Not like Sehun-type fairy, like a literal nice, kind fairy..

"I think we should look at the cakes and then I'll walk you home", I looked at our empty cups, I always had this habit of leaving a bit of my drink at the bottom of my cup, I really didn't know why. We left the table and walked towards a decorated door with a pastel painted door frame, my hand reached towards the door and opened it for Jiyeon to walk through. The smell of cakes was stronger here, any form of cake that you can think of was probably here, however, I just hoped that Jiyeon would like what she sees. At first I couldn't see her expression, but she turned around to me with a sweet and gentle smile, then it turned into a massive grin and she squeaked one word, "Cake!"

Row after row, colour after colour, there were so much to choose from but Jiyeon's eyes settled on these small pastel coloured delicacies; macaroons. A hand went on the glass as she stared at the different flavors, from coffee, caramel and chocolate to raspberry, marshmallow filled and hazelnut. I had really expected her to go to the massive fudge cake that would've taken around 10 people to eat it, but her choice suprised me. Actually, it really impressed me, she has such a nice taste in things. I walked upto the counter and smiled at Sooeun, one of the bakers that made these delicious creations.

"Sooeun, can you give me the flavours that girl has just looked at", I whispered at her in a hushed tone. Sooeun merely smiled at me and walked infront of the macaroon section and wore a plastic glove. Soon after she wore the glove, she started to pick out a variety of flavours; caramel, strawberry, chocolate, coffee, lemon, mint chocolate and vanilla. Jiyeon's eyes turned to me as I handed Sooeun the money needed for the macaroons and I took the pastel box. Afterwards, I turned to Jiyeon and gave her the box, a smile playing on my lips.

"I'll walk you home now, okay?", I hesitated a bit, considering that she could've beat me up for paying for something else. Again.

The journey to her house was slightly long, but we continued to talk about school and random subjects.

"Why do people call you and the guys 'EXO-K'?", she questioned me along the way.

I smiled at her question, "The 'EXO' bit from the term exoplanet, which means a planet out of the solar system, and they call us that because they think we're so good looking that we're not even from this planet, it's so annoying though. And the 'K' bit is just a shortened form for Korean, I think that bit is a bit stupid to be honest".

I finished my answer as we arrived in front of her house. The things about her keep getting cuter and cuter, she's even got a cute house, heh. I handed her a piece of paper with something scribbled on it, my number. Then watched her walk up to her door and walk inside.

 

Jiyeon.

I was tired, upset and heartbroken. It was so sweet of Suho to take me out for coffee, but I just tried to put on a happy face so I wouldn't worry him. Even though he was talking to me and was being so nice to me, all I could think about was Kai. Kai. Kai

Sumin's words still rung in my ears as I went around the house, I'd never felt so useless in my life, but then the image of Kai dancing in gym came to my head again and the annoying nagging voice of Sumin disappeared and vanished from my mind. I trudged back upstairs to my room, and opened my laptop to update my photography blog 'Eyes'. I opened my blog and uploaded a picture I had taken a few days ago.

 

 

❀✿❀

I looked at my phone to see that anonymous had updated 'Eyes'  I liked the photos that were put on. They really captured my attention, but I also liked the bubbly person who wrote the funny captions and the meaningful words behind each photo.


Author's Notes.

ANNYEONGGGGGG~! (Just a little side note, the character with the flowesr is meant to be an hidden, but the actual character will be revealed soooon, no hints though ;) )

I really enjoyed writing this chapter! ^3^ It had the sad parts but I love the cute and happy scene in the cafe!

I kinda used some sources to write actual facts about Suho, so yes, he did actually kiss an iguana.. well according to the sources I used..

But another thing this coffee shop scene totally reminded me of when Suho's posing with a xmas starbucks cup in London Airport! o-o

urgh! so cute ;_;

If you guys want to see more of something or want to point anything out, feel free to do so in the comments! <3

Oh and I actually did take the lake photo so please don't use it without my permission. I'll just whack the copyright sign here ©