Tulips

Tears and Kisses

Jiyeon.

"Jiyeon..", Suho's voice called out to me with slight nervousness, his foot poking the floor uneasily.
"Neh?", I turned around to face his hidden face, it was looking at the floor.
"I want to show you something..", he took my hand timidly and gently tugged me to walk.
We were leaving the house from what seemed to be a back door and we were facing a garden filled with several flowers and lush grass, I walked in front of Suho admiring the serene sight before me. "I've always liked this garden Jiyeon..", he pointed towards one of the flowers; tulips. "You know what tulips symbolise right?", he wrapped his arms around my waist loosely and pressed his face to my neck. He was getting more close to me in terms of skinship, and it felt more natural and safer than Kai's skinship.
"Anya..?", I stared at the tulips, they were a dark shade of red with a bright green stalks.
"They represent 'Declaration of Love', I remember my umma telling me about tulips before.. she left..", he murmured into my neck, his voice was inaudible yet the vibrations that were lightly caressing my neck almost felt like a form of communication.
"I'm sorry about.. about her leaving..", my words felt awkward, I didn't know what to say. Nevermind that, I didn't know what Suho meant by 'left'.
"You don't need to be sorry about something you don't know about..", his voice kept on trailing off, "come on, you should smell the tulips, they smell so nice..", his voice slight turned more cheerful, but there was a lingering tone of sadness within his voice. He let go of me and tentatively walked to the tulips, Suho's hand brushed against one of the petals with a lot of care. I saw how milky and pale his skin was against the contrast of the tulip's petal. A hand softly went towards the stalk and a faint 'snap' was heard as he held up the tulip to his lips. The clash of his lips' pearly shade of pink compared to the redness of the tulip seemed almost pleasant. Shaking hands clasped the stalk and pressed them against the pale pink lips, a mere kiss was pressed against them. "I used to bring her tulips in the hospital because she loved planting them in the garden.."
 
 
"Junmyeon! Did you bring me tulips from the garden again?", a pair of sickly pale hands embraced a bouquet of red tulips.
"Yes mummy!", a child looked towards the sickly mother with a bright smile spread across his face, "they're fresh and pretty to smell". The little child clambered onto the bed and tightly hugged his mother.
"Don't hug me so tightly Junmyeon", a little cough came from the mother and the child quickly unraveled his arms from around her.
"I'm sorry mummy! I just missed hugging my beautiful mummy..", his eyes trailed to the tulips, "my mummy is prettier than those tulips!"
"Haha, I think tulips are prettier.. they mean 'Declaration of Love'. Come here Junmyeon..", she patted her side and the child obediently sat next to her.
"Have they been taking care of the garden?"
"Yep! I go and water the plants regularly. They all bloom really nice mummy..", Junmyeon buried his head in his mother's side and inhaled her scent, "mummy you smell just like the garden!"
"Hahaha.. I guess I do, my precious angel.."
Junmyeon closed his eyes and remembered why the garden he and his mother planted was so precious to him.
 
It was a normal day, Junmyeon came home from his nusery and his mother usually greets him with open arms at the door.
"Mummy! Mummy! Guess what I drew for you", a pitter patter of childlike feet were heard outside and the door swung open, "mummy..?"
Junmyeon was used to seeing his mother at the door with a bright smile on her face and wide arms to embrace her one and only son. However, today was different, because as soon as the door swung open a heavy atmosphere was sensed in the house.
"M-mummy..? I brought some drawings for you!", his voice was loud yet the only response he got was his own echo.
"Master Junmyeon! We have to go right away..", a maid had picked him up by the arms and carried him out towards the entrance of the house.
"Why?! Where's mummy?!", he looked up at her curiously with worry.
"You'll see Master Junmyeon..", the reply was emotionless and so was the expression upon the maid's face.
 
"Mrs Kim's condition has worsened.." a whisper was directed at Mr. Kim, Junmyeon's father, "her lungs.. have started to fail.."
Ears were pressed over the innocents child's ears, not a single word was able to get through to Junmyeon and because of that he was looking around worriedly continuously asking, "where's mummy..? where's my mummy..?"
A few moments after the muted conversation, Junmyeon was taken down a corridor that smelt of anti-bacterial hand gel and bleach. He hated it, every step he was taking was scaring him, yet he wanted to show his mummy the pictures he was clutching so tightly. When he had arrived at a room, the door was pushed and he saw his precious mummy lying on the bed with a mask over her face. 
"Mummy!", he ran towards her but was stopped by the hands of Mr. Kim.
"Be quiet Junmyeon! You don't need to wake her up..", his father walked towards the bed and knelt down beside the mother. Her eyes fluttered open and she slightly turned her head to look at the two people in the room and gave them a weak smile, "Junmyeon.. MinHyuk.."
"Don't work yourself up sweetheart, we're here. Look! Junmyeon drew you some pictures.. look at them.", he softly pulled his son to his side. Junmyeon happily showed his mother the pictures, "This is of the garden mummy! And look-y this is the tulips we planted together as a family!"
"Jun-myeon..", his mother gripped his wrist weakly, "do you remember why we planted the flowers in the garden..?"
"Neh! So we can enjoy the fresh and create memories as a family mummy!"
"I want you to remember that my precious Junmyeon.."
 
Days passed by and the condition of the mother had improved, but she was still weak and life was slipping from her quickly.
 
"Son, how about we go and take a walk in the garden?", his chain of thoughts were cut by his mother's sudden question.
"Okay! I'll go get your shoes!", Junmyeon slipped off the bed and ran towards a small cupboard. He got out a small pair of flats and handed them to his mother, "let me put them on your feet.."
She sat herself on the bed and let her feet dangle from it, her son placed the shoes on her cautiously and then patted her feet. "I don't want my mummy to get hurt!"
During the journey home, several songs were playing in the car. "Kurae ulf! Naega ulf, awuuuuu~ Saranghaeyo!", both of them sang enthusiastically to the song and laughed with each other. Junmyeon missed times like these where he could easily laugh and play about with his mother. Those were the days he yearned for the most.
"We arriveeeed~", they both went out of the car and walked towards the garden. There was one special place they always went to; the special bench with tulips.
There was already a tray full of cakes and biscuits when they'd arrived and Junmyeon eagerly took one and handed t to his mother, "eat this one! It's my favourite, eheh~.."
"Yummy, yummy!", she popped the biscuit into and laughed, "it's so delicious!"
On that bench, they spent a lifetime laughing and eating snacks. Junmyeon listened to the stories his mother told him about princesses, princes and love.
"Mummy.. do you think I'll find a princess to marry?"
"Hm, I think you will! And when you find her, you need to take her to this garden and confess your love to her, okay?"
"Okay! Mummy, you seem tired rest your head on my lap and sleep for a bit", he patted his lap and smiled.
"Okay my precious angel", her head was gently placed upon the lap of the child and his hand went out to her hair.
"My beautiful mummy.. no one will ever hurt you. I will always, always protect you and you will get better and you will see me marry my princess!"
"Of course I will see you marry her! But you have to take care of this garden Junmyeon, promise me that.."
"I promise mummy!"
A few more hours passed and the child was still his mother's hair, her skin had gone from a sickly shade to a pale white. Life was fading out of her cheeks, yet the oblivious child kept on her hair. 
"Master Junmyeon, it's time for Mrs Kim to go back to the hospital..", a maid timidly crept up to them and saw the deathly skinned female.
"Oh.. my.. god.."
 
Beep.
"Mummy!"
Beep. Beep.
"Mummy please! I'm sorry for not protecting you!"
Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.
"M-mummy.."
 
The bench that held such dear memories to Jumyeon was removed, and the tulips faded and died. MinHyuk blamed himself for her death and couldn't face his own son.
 
Years passed. Many, many years passed and Junmyeon had the confidence to walk into the same garden of sadness and nutured the garden back to life with the hope of a promise he had long forgotton.
 

Jiyeon.
 
"S-suho..", I reached out to brush away a tear that had slid down Suho's face, he was on the floor clutching at the tulip in his grasp.
"If I just called out for someone.. or just checked on her, my umma would still be here..", his voice cracked.
"You were young, you didn't know what was happening.."
"Still! I could've saved my umma..", more tears slid down his face and I held him in a warm embrace.
"Cry it all out Suho. I bet you've kept it bottled in for so long..", I held him gently to my body and let him bury his head in my neck. His tears stained my skin, yet every tear he cried seemed to make Suho more calm and relaxed.
 
I didn't know how long we were holding each other for, but Suho looked at me with a tear stained face and smile, "Let me take you home Jiyeon.."
"Anya.. you don't have to."
"Yes, I do. I don't want anything happening to you.."
 
I was going to head back inside but Suho pulled me back and hugged me tightly.
"Jiyeon..", he pressed his lips to my forehead and placed the tulip behind my ear, "I want to stay with you longer.. my precious Jiyeon.."
The last few words set a trigger off in my mind and I stared at him with blood rushing to my cheeks.
"The dancer.. it was you.. wasn't it?"
 
 

a u t h o r ' s  n o t e s 

>_____________>
dont kill me for the bad update D;
I hope you all like it, because i'm kinda meh.
saranghae my readers <3