Free

Tears and Kisses

Jiyeon

The scrapes of a spoon across a plate filled the empty silence between me and my umma.
"So.. what you're tryna' say is that you'd rather hiccup for the rest of your life than having the need to sneeze but not being able to sneeze.. ", I stared at the food on my plate, which was being pushed about by my spoon.
"Yeah..I could always make it big as a professional hiccup entertainer..", umma stared at me with an awkward smile.
 
We both looked up and stared at each other and started to go into a frenzy of giggles. We giggled and laughed so much that we ended up clapping and silently laughing just like a seal. After a few minutes of laughing we calmed down and my umma stared at me with slight seriousness.
"So.. have you found a cute guy yet?", she wiggled her eyebrows up and down while grinning madly.
"Umma! You can't just ask questions like that, you know..", I dropped the spoon on my plate and pouted at her.
"Well, did you or did you not?", my umma eyed me with a smile.
"Uh.. well.. there's this one guy.. and he's really attractive.. and like.. uh", I stared off into the far distance, trying not to look my mother in the eye.
"Go on..?", her smile had turned into a grin.
"He's just so.. perfect..", I had turned to look atmy umma with slightly blushing cheeks.
"Kyaaaaaaaaaah~, my daughter has fallen in love", my umma stood up on her chair and started to dance about like mad. My umma seems to look and act like someone who's under 30 but in reality, she's older than what people think she is. She continued to dance around on the chair until she had sat down and gave me another serious look.
"Is he the blonde one who dropped you off here?"
"Uh.. how did you know..?", my jaw dropped while she started to grin again.
"Oh, I looked out of the window to find that he was hugging you.. you two seem like a good match", umma laughed then gave me a wink.
"Anya..", my teasing tone faded and my umma looked at me with worried eyes, "he's got a girlfriend..".
"It's okay Jiyeon, you can always wait. Just like a princess", an arm went around my shoulder and umma gave me a reassuring hug.
"Yeah!", I smiled at her response and returned the hug.
 
After I had washed the dishes and cleared the table, I heard the home phone ring in the living room.
'Ring. Ring. Ring... 'You have reached our voicemail service'
"Ah annyeong-ha-seyo SooHee it's me, Jongkook, I was just calling you to see what time we shou-"
The voice cut off and I could heard my umma, SooHee, talk on the phone. To him, my appa..
 
"Ah annyeoooong~, I'll see you at the time we agreed on, you know when, right?", SooHee's voice echoed through the living room and into the corridor. I couldn't take it anymore. Why was my umma talking to him? He left us when we were at our lowest, when we were weak.. Why would she talk to him after all these years?
"Jiyeon will have such a great suprise when she finds out about this! She'll be so happy"
"Oh, don't worry about Jiyeon. I bet she's already forgiven you ages ago..". I haven't and I never will. We built a new life from the ground and I wasn't prepared from him to knock us back down again.
I ignored SooHee's voice in the other and went back up to my room. My umma can have a happy time with him, but when he knocks us down on the ground. I'll be the one to pick my umma up from the dust.
 
 
The sun woke me up, its' rays filtering through the tiny window and caressing my face. The warmth of the rays stirred me awake from my sleep and I let myself lay in bed enjoying the warmth of my covers and of the sun rays. I knew I had woken up a few minutes early because my phone alarm suddenly started to sound, ringing continuously until I had  to get out of bed and turn it off. Seeing as I was already awake, I went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth, however I heard two voices laughing from downstairs. I continued through my usual routine until I had finished. Curiosity had gotten to me and I crept downstairs, tiptoeing lightly so no sound was audible. I was able to reach the entrance of the dining hall and peek into the room to find that SooHee was talking to a middle aged man. My appa, Jongkook.
Her laughter was filling the room and she seemed much more brighter than usual.
"Ah Jiyeon, come and say hi to appa!", SooHee had noticed that I was peeking into the room.
"Uh-huh..", I tentatively walked into the room to find that Jongkook was staring at me with warmth in his eyes.
"Aww, my little princess has grown up so much..", he reached his hand towards me to shake my hand, however I just stared at it like it was infested with germs.
"Ah..", Jongkook awkwardly retreated his hand, "I guess.. we're still on bad grounds Jiyeon..?"
"Well, last time I checked. You were beating up my umma and then just left us because of your stupid paranoia", I coldly muttered at him, my gaze piercing right through to his soul.
"I see you can't forgive me.. I don't blame you Jiyeon, I can't forgive myself either..", he placed an arm around SooHee's shoulder and pecked her on the forehead. I wanted to slap him for doing that, but when I saw how happy my mother being I stopped myself.
"I'm going to go get some more pancakes for Jiyeon to eat, I'll be right back!", SooHee announced merrily.
 
Jongkook's warm eyes suddenly turned cold and a grin appeared on his face, "Well.. if it isn't my little princess", he whispered into my ear.
His hand suddenly gripped around my wrist and he pulled me towards him, "I guess you don't remember the times where I used to play hide and seek with mummy, eh?"
"Oh, you mean when you physically forced yourself onto her, even though she begged you not to?", my face and voice remained calm, but the inside of my head was chaos. I was scared, really scared. But I knew that I had to stand my ground and show SooHee the true side of this monster.
"You little .. how dare you say that! SooHee liked it! She always did!", he snarled at me and the grip on my hand was tightening.
"Oh.. she liked it so much that she ended up getting depressed from it", I taunted him, my gaze was never leaving his as I carried on.
 
"You left us and you expect us to welcome you with open arms"
"Stop", his grip tightened even more, cutting off the circulation to my hand.
 
"We loved it when we were living in a run down apartment and had nothing to live off"
"Stop..", his grin turned into a snarl.
 
"I bet you're going to love it when you realise that we don't need you anymore, we have the perfect life and you can't destroy it anymore.."
"Shut up you !", he raised his hand and hit me. Hard.
I fell to the ground from the impact and looked at him. I wasn't going to cry, because it'd show my weakness. Time and time I'd cry, whether it was the abuse of my father or the bullying. If I cried they loved it and contiuned to harm me even more. I had to be strong, for me and Soohee.
 
"Get out", a harsh voice suddenly cut off the gaze I held on Jongkook and caused me to turn around to see SooHee gripping onto a plate of pancakes. Her knuckles were white from how hard she was gripping the plate and she stared at Jongkook with fierce eyes.
"I'm not prepared for you to abuse her too. I only coped being with you because of Jiyeon.. I thought we'd have a new start, a new beginning like everything else, but I guess I was wrong about you. Again", she emphasised on the last word. 
"You're going to regret this..", Jongkook took a step closer to me, his hand was raised over my head, indicating that he was going to hit me. He jerked his hand backwards and was stopped by the loud knocking on the door. SooHee walked towards the door and plastered a smile on her face before she opened it. As she opened the door, she saw that Suho was timidly standing there and was waiting patiently, "Ah! Ms. Park, I'm Suho, Jiyeon's friend", he bowed respectfully towards her and stuck his hand out. SooHee had taken the hand and shook it politely. Thank you Suho for arriving at such an awkward time. I stared at Jongkook to see that his hand was still raised above my head.
"Why don't you just leave Jongkook?", I smiled at him.
His hand suddenly came down and he had slapped me across the face. The noise of the slap must've of traveled to the front of the house, because Suho came running in with SooHee to find that I was lying on the floor while Jongkook was stood over me with his arm raised again.
"Yah! Stay away from Jiyeon!", Suho had ran towards him with his fist clenched, his gentle smile had suddenly turned icy cold. His fist then came to hit the side of Jongkook's face, which sent him to the floor.
"You better leave now, or else I'm going to call the police!", Suho got out his phone and was dialing a number.
 
 Jongkook's eyes widened and all of a sudden he got up and ran out of the house.
 
"Jiyeon!", Suho suddenly picked me up and had walked to the living room and placed me on the couch. "Stay right here..", he walked into the other room and came back a few minutes later with a first aid kit. SooHee ran into the living room and had hugged me, "You're so brave Jiyeon! I wouldn't have the courage to be able to face him like that..", her hand went to her necklace and she had ripped it off. "We won't need this anymore too, I've become stronger thanks to my beautiful daughter..", I had noticed it, her eyes didn't glaze over anymore and it didn't look like she was going to lose her mind. As she was embracing me, the phone was ringing. SooHee picked it up and answered, "Hello? Oh.. I need to go now..?", she looked over at me with worried eyes, "Ah.. I understand, it's fine.."
She put the reciever down and looked at me, I knew she was needed at work, "Umma, just go to work, I'll be fine. See! I have Suho with me", I pointed at Suho, who's smile had returned to that same gentle and loving one.
"Don't worry Ms. park, Jiyeon will be safe with me", he sat down next to me and opened the first aid box.
"Okay, I guess I don't have to worry then. I'll see you soon my beautiful Jiyeon", Soohee placed her arms around me and then walked out of the living room to go to work.
 
Suho looked at me with serious eyes, "Who was that Jiyeon?", he got out a cotton bud and poured a bit of a sterilizer onto it. Then he gently pressed it against the corner of my mouth, which was slightly bleeding from the impact of the hit.
"My appa..", Suho's eyes widened at my answers so my eyes dropped to the ground and I clenched my fists. 
"You don't need him in your life if he treats you like that", his voice was soothing, then he put down the cotton bud and wrapped his arms around me tightly. "If you're happy with just you and Ms. Park, then you should never welcome him again, okay?", my head nodded at his response and he continued to hug me, but Suho started to gently caressed my shoulders. "When you're troubled, come to me.. I want to help you Jiyeon.."
I looked at him with a bright smile plastered on my face, "We're gonna be late for school if we don't go now". Suho merely laughed and pulled me up with him, "Come on then, Miss-I-Don't-Want-To-Be-Late".
 
I knew Jongkook wouldn't be back now, he has left me and SooHee's lives for good.
 
I feel free.
 
 
✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀❀✿❀
 
 
 
As we entered the school gates, I found that D.O, Sehun and Baekhyun were waiting for us while there was a big crowd of girls around them. Suho had his arm around my shoulder and was smiling at me. I returned his smile and looked ahead at the guys, only to find that the crowd of girls were glaring at me and were whispering again. 
"Hiiii~", Baekhyun came and hugged me, "How was your day out?"
"It was good, I had a lot of fun with everyone", you replied happily.
"I bet you didn't have that much fun because I wasn't there", Sehun grinned at me.
"Yeah.. I was so sad that you weren't there Sehun.. I just missed you sooooo~ much"
"Really?!", Sehun looked at me eagerly with massive puppy eyes.
"Anya. I was too busy scoffing ice cream to even think about you~", I .
"How harsh of you", D.O commented on my reply.
 
I looked at D.O and gave him a small hug, "Hey, D.O, how's you?"
"Oh, I'm fine, but I didn't find Chanyeol and Baekhyun's been nagging me to call him", D.O sighed.
I looked at Suho and he looked back at me witha a raised brow, "Do you think we should tell them?""
"Tell us what?" All three of them turned and looked at us with widened eyes.
"Did Chanyeol die?", Sehun cried out, "He still owes me snacks!"
I face palmed myself and looked at Sehun seriously, "Anya.. it's just that he's going out with HaYi now. They're the cutest couple I've ever seen".
The crowd of girls uddenly looked at me and shouted at the same time, "What?!"
 
K A I
 
Sumin had called me out before the homeroom bell had gone off, she called me to the school rooftop. I opened the door to find that she was standing on her own, looking at the school infront of her, everyone looked like tiny ants and it was interesting to watch. 
"Kai.. I'm sorry..", Sumin looked at me with tears in her eyes, she had clung onto my arm too. "I was just feeling really pissed off and I just didn't like it when she was staring at you.." Huh? What has that got to do with Sumin calling Jiyeon a ? She doesn't look THAT upset for someone who's welling up tears..
 
"K-kai..", stammered Sumin as she realised I wasn't buying her act, I turned around to walk away. As I was walking away, I felt two hands push me onto the floor, making me hit my head lightly against the concrete. I to my back and to my dismay,  I found that Sumin was leaning over me with a slight smile, "I guess I can only make this up to you with something else Kai, eh?" .
Sumin lowered her face near to me and puckered her lips, "I'm sorry Kai.. but I just don't want to lose you.." All those times she said it before, it sounded good. But this time it sounded needy and desperate..
Before I was able to roll away from her, she had pushed herself onto me and forced her lips against mine. It felt horrible and vile. Her arms wrapped around me and she started to at my lips, it felt like some slug was slithering all over my lips. No joke..
My hands went to her wrists and I pulled her off me, she smiled at me with a gleam in her eyes and whispered, "Oooh.. fiesty.."
She was disgusting me, her actions were absolutely vile. Sumin tried to force herself onto my again, but this time I was prepared. As she tried to pounce at me, which she may have thought it was cute but it defiantly wasn't, I rolled away from her and she had hit the spacee where I was lying on before.
"If I'm only your little toy, then I don't think I can bear to see you again, Sumin", my voice had turned cold and emotionless. After that, I turned my back to Sumin.
"K-kai, I really am sorry! I don't know what went over me", she changed her voice to a sweeter girlier one. Fake.
 
My heart ached, I thought Sumin cared about me to actually talk over what happened and not put up an act. The heart ache wasn't as bad as what I expected it to be, maybe it was because I knew that we were finally drifting apart. We weren't in 7th Grade anymore, we were in 12th Grade and a lot of things have changed. Especially her innocence. At that moment in time, something else hit me. She must be cheating on me, what other explanation would be valid about her behavior. I've never ever slept with a girl and the furthest I've gone with Sumin is a few make-out sessions..
I started to walk to the door, then stopped right before I opened the door, "By the way, you can off back to whoever you've been sleeping with too.."
Sumin started to laugh at my remark, almost in an evil way, "I will! I only used you for your looks and popularity.. anyway.. I'm THE Sumin now. I don't need you anymore Kai, you're just some idiot who I liked using for my own entertainment"
 
Bang.
 
The door had shut and Sumin was left on her own.
 
✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀❀✿❀

Throughout the whole day, I didn't care about what anyone else was saying to me. I thought that my heart was going to be shattered into tiny pieces, but it wasn't. I felt like a massive weight been taken off my shoulders and a burden had left me.

 

I felt free.

 


a u t h o r ' s   n o t e s

 

hey guys! How are you all?
I'm feeling kinda' tired so I apolgize for how short the chapter is and how bad it is too :( /bows 10 times for forgiveness/
I kinda feel bad for kai now omg ;(
 
oh and chanyeol misses hayi
just look at poor chanyeolie miss hayi ;'(
 
I also want to thank all my subscribers and the people who have taken the time read and upvote this story, saranghae <3
 
 
dont forget to comment and subscribe!