New Start

Tears and Kisses

 

Jiyeon.

 

'Beep.Beep.Beep.Beep.Beep.Beep.Beep.Beep.Beep.Beep.Beep.','6:30am' the drone of an alarm clock suddenly woke me up from my peaceful dream. I was in some strange world filled with gummy bears and candy floss and I ate everything but never gained a single pound.. I wish that was reality.

Clambering out of bed, I soon stared at my reflection, I wore a printed onesie that had shorts instead of long pants, I mean honestly.. they're the comfiest thing ever:

 

 

I took another good look at myself in the mirror, I wasn't too skinny, but not super curvy either, not big chested, but not flat. My hair was up to my shoulders and I'd never dyed it. yes it's shameful.. but I like the brown tones in my locks.

"It's not like I have something special about me at all..", I murmured to myself.

The only thing I'm probably good at is taking photos, it's the only hobby I take joy in..

 

I started to lazily drag my feet to the bathroom, then started to go through my daily routine, which consisted of:

 

6:45 - Toilet break, wash face, brush teeth.

7:00 - Change clothes and tidy the bed.

7:15 - Go downstairs to prepare breakfast for me and umma.

7:40 - Eat said breakfast, then head out for school.

 

Only this time, I knew that I didn't have to head out to school because I was finally moving away from it! I came downstairs to see boxes all over the place, filled with every item we had in the house.

I didn't realise that we had stuff that I forgot about, like the massive teddy plushie that was hanging out of a box.My hand reached towards it and then I start to cuddle it with both hands wrapped around it, the fluffy material and caressing my face.

"Seems like you've finally woke up Jiyeon!", my umma smiled at me. Her hands were twiddling with that god damn necklace..

"Ummaaaa~..", I hesitated "Seeing as we have a new start.Don't you think we should just throw away the necklace?"..                                                                                          That beautiful smile froze, then the world was dulling from my precious Umma's eyes..

 

FLASHBACK

 

"Daddy, daddy!", a five year old chimed at her appa, "Pick me up and twirl me like a princess!", the father's hands hooked under the little girl's arms and started to twirl her about.                      

The room was filled with voices of happiness when Jandi, the umma, walked in.

"Aww.. how cute! We need to take a picture, right sweetie?", she said as she pulled out a Nikon.       The camera kept on emitting flashes, which was on self timer, while the family posed for the camera.

 

Those were the happy days.

 

"You stupid !", a hand came across the umma's face, "You stupid ing , how dare you cheat on me with that piece of scum..".

"I d-didn't sweetheart, I swear I'll always be true to yo-".

Bang!

Another slap went across her face. But this time it hurt. A lot.

"Don't even back-chat me!", the papa gnarled at her, then he started to hit her continuously.         Behind a slightly shut door, a small frail girl was staring at the the unfolding scene front of her. It was horrible..

'I thought mummy and daddy love each other.. we're meant to be together forever..', the innocent girl thought to herself.

The umma looked at the crack in the door and screamed at the little girl, "Run! Don't look back and run to your room, don't worry Jiyeon.. we'll be together forever and-".

Thud. 

"Ever-",

"We'll be together forever and ever~", she kept on repeating the same phrase over and over again.. It was happening again, her memories caused her to go back into isolation from the world..

"We will be together forever, and we'll have a new start.. we can keep the necklace too!", I wrapped my arms around her and placed one hand on her head, slowly my mother's long hair.

"R-really?", widened eyes filled with tears stared at me.

I have no choice, it's her only happiness.. her memories..

"Really".

 

A knock on the door diverted our attention, "We're the movers!". I then walked towards the door and opened the door to see three men and a massive van in front of out house. We're finally moving away from this hellhole, we're going to start our lives again.. Kinda.

 

After several hours of taking the boxes to the van and then driving to our house, we finally reached our new home. Our house was on a street full of other houses, it was such an amazing house! Not even that, it was so cute and perfect. It had a small balcony and a garden in front of it; roses and daises peeked out of the flower beds, while the lush green grass seemed to slowly wave from the soft, gentle breeze that was blowing about. The house itself was made of bricks, and it had windows that were clear, the paint looked like it was new and didn't have a single chip! 

But what made me happy the most was the fact that the neighbour hood looked so peaceful and serene.. we won't have any arguments with any lousy neighbours here..

 

 

The last few days were pretty tiring. When we arrived in front of our house, a few neighbours came out and greeted us with smiles and cookies, it was probably the best cookie I've ever had in my life, seriously. Then the movers helped us take in all the boxes, but then we had to unpack and put everything where it was. Pretty boring and tiring, right?

Yet the best thing about the house is my bedroom.. I mean it's an attic room with really vibrant and bright colours that compliment each other, there was a bookshelf-type thing which I turned into a small area to put all my stuff on it. There was also a wardrobe that was attached to the actual wall and I had hung some of my clothes on it, it seems like the whole wardrobe is too small to fit all of my clothes in it, so I just folded them up and put them under my bed.

 

Anyway, I went through my usual routine that I went through everyday, but this time I don't have to make breakfast for umma, because she needs to go to work early. She now works in a bakery that's connected to a cafe, it's not the best job but it pays for our bills..

I opened the door and set out towards the road to my new school..

"It's a new day Jiyeon", I breathed in the fresh air around me.

It's a new start to a new day.


Authors Note

I know that the story is kinda boring so far, but I just wanted to set out a start towards the story and kind of let my readers bond with Jiyeon a bit before she actually meets Kai..

I hope you do like reading all these two chapters, because now the actual story will start ;D

/fingers crossed/ I hope everyone will enjoy the next chapters, it'll be longer than these two!

 

buh-bye readers!