Stay

Of Betrayal, Clans, and... Love.
5. Stay
[A Cute Chapter 1]
 
 The Soundtrack: My Girl by Rain
 
Amidst the fights going on between the Song and Kim,
the Kim brothers ask Selene out...
 
Out of town actually.
 
They bring her to their resthouse, far from the city.
They stay there for 4 days.
 
But in those four days, sparks are gonna be seen.
Electricity will be felt everywhere.
Shivers along the spine are gonna be prominent.
 
Because not only will the boys take Selene out to make her theirs.
 
They gonna make her want to stay.
 
Tonight... it's gonna be Xiah's.
 
= = =
"Wow."
 
That's all Selene said as she got a view of our resthouse in the country. The continuous fighting back of the Songs to our family is getting tiring already. But from what I just noticed in their attacks, it wasn't as mass-scale as I thought it would be. It seems like they were waiting for something. But what could be that something they're waiting?
 
"Well, I asked the maids to set it up yesterday, since you said you'd be coming with us here." I told her as she continued walking towards the rest house, her red bag in her hand. I personally wondered how the hell she got ALL of her clothes there.
 
"Thanks for adjusting when I said I'll come, Oppa. But when you said the house is huge, I never knew it would be THIS huge." Selene said before laughing. I laughed along with her as we continued down the entry of the house.
 
When we got inside, Selene sat down on one of the chairs and sighed, closing her eyes. She must be tired. Well, it WAS a 2 hour flight and an hour of driving. I sat beside her and draped my arm behind her shoulder, and she cuddled next to me. Her resting figure looked like and angel. She's really really really pretty.
 
I was about to wrap my other arm around her when I heard a fake cough, causing both me and her to straighten up.
 
Aish! Hero hyung! Why did you have to ruin the moment?!
 
"You left me in the car, and this is all you do?! Aish! What the hell is it with you, Junsu!" Hero hyung exclaimed, and I scratched my un-itchy head in irritation. He really is pissed off.
 
"Well, it's YOUR responsibility to take care of the car, you're older!" I exclaimed as well. I was visibly tired from the trip, and my perfect moment just got ruined. Really...
 
We were too busy bickering that we almost didn't notice Selene standing up and going back to the car. When she was about 25 steps away, that's when we both stopped.
 
"Yah! Selene! Wait up!" Hero hyung called her before running to catch up to Selene.
 
"Luna! Don't leave me here!" I screamed before running at top speed, following both hyung and Selene.
 
= = =
 
"I really can't get enough of the baked mac you make, Hero Oppa." Selene said before eating some more of the special baked macaroni Hero hyung cooked for us.
 
Well, between the two of us Kim brothers, even though he's more cruel, he's the better one in the kitchen. He ALWAYS prepares food like this. Yes. on a DAILY basis. But I have to admit, even after 6 years since he learned how to cook, I LOVED every dish he prepared.
 
"Thank you. You want some of the carbonara?" Hero hyung offered before giving some of his carbonara to Selene, who just smiled happily.
 
"Xiah, how's the lasagna?" Hero hyung asked me, which earned him a smile and a thumbs up. It was absolutely DELICIOUS.
 
We ate food happily and finished it, wanting for more. Hero hyung promised us that he would cook some more tomorrow for us, but he would have to clean up first. He just winked at Selene, who tugged me out of the kitchen and dining area.
 
"I think Hero Oppa is gonna make a good husband, especially if his wife can't cook." Selene told me and smiled. Hero hyung again? Aish.
 
"Or a good wife...since he looks like a girl." I muttered under my breath, hoping she wouldn't hear. But she did. And now she's laughing.
 
"Well, truthfully, I guess so. He looks a girl sometimes, right?" She whispered to my ear, and it sent us both laughing, even until we got to the house den. 
 
[A/N: No Offense to the Jae-lovers... because I myself am one... I just needed it for my story lines...]
 
= = =
 
"Hey Xiah Oppa, do you even have a life outside this mafia-like lifestyle?" I asked Xiah Oppa as we sat side by side in the pretty house den. His arm was around my shoulder and his hand was holding mine. It feels like we are in a relationship, but I don't mind. I kinda like Xiah Oppa now, Hero Oppa too. I sigh, thinking that I really wanted to stay here.
 
"I actually asked that question to myself AND Hero hyung. But he said that we have lives, but it revolved around killing. So, I guess no." He said as he leaned my head on his shoulder. 
 
I actually asked that question because it also applied to ME, being one of the successors of the Song Clan. From what I see now with the two Kim Oppas, I kinda get what I might be doing when I DO succeed the Clan with Perses.
 
"But I do wish for a life outside all of this. Just being your trainee here already exposed me to how hard the both of your lives as head and second in command of a clan was. What more so if I was to be a head of a mafia-like organization, right?" I told him, and he smiled before nodding.
 
"Yeah. How I wish I can have a life outside all the killing. I wanted to have a family in the future. I wanted to have a girlfriend, too." He said before looking into my eyes, like he was saying that the girlfriend he wants to have is me... but I shook that thought away. He does NOT want to have his enemy as his girlfirend.
 
"Wait, can I ask another question, this time related to the clan ranks?" I asked him, and he nodded with a soft "Sure."
 
"The Songs. Why are you guys...against each other?" I asked him reluctantly, trying to find out the reason why they are so against my family. I wanted to know their side, at least that much. It's because I've never known the reason why they were rivals and stuff like that. The elders just told us to hate them.
 
"Hmmm. Where do I begin...? Well, for one, The Songs had been our biggest rival in terms of skilled personnel and wealth. Majority of the clubs in Japan and Korea are dominated by either us or them." He began, and it kinda made me smile at how they already included me in the "Us" when the truth is, I'm with the "Them".
 
"Another reason is that the Songs killed my father and mother. The Songs had shot my dad even while he was in a critical condition, there in the hospital. Even my mom, who was also on the verge of death due to a heart problem, wasn't spared. She had poison injected in her dextrose, and we never got to see her again." He added, before looking straight ahead.
 
I never expected my family to be the bad guys here, and I especially never expected them to be more cruel than the Kims. My eyes were opened to the reality that maybe they weren't the villains here. Maybe it was...us.
 
"Wow. I'm so sorry, Xiah Oppa. I shouldn't have asked you to answer that." I apologized, but he just shook his head and smiled.
 
"No. You're a Kim. You should know this. I was glad you asked that. At least now, you know." He told me, before holding my hand tighter. I just looked at him.
 
"Hey, can I do something?" Xiah Oppa suddenly asked me, and out of habit, I just nodded.
 
I tried to comprehend whatever thing he was supposed to do, but even before I did, I felt Xiah Oppa's lips on mine. After a few moments, he pulled back before smiling.
 
"I've always wanted to do that." He told me, and I bit my lower lip.
 
It wasn't my first kiss ever, true.
 
But it was my first with Xiah Oppa.