Selene

Of Betrayal, Clans, and... Love.

 

2. Selene
[The Beginning]
 
The Soundtrack: Echo by Girls' Generation
 
The next day, drunk of wine, the Kim siblings open the door.
And it revealed a girl with a note.
 
Upon the reading of the note, the Kim siblings are ecstatic.
This is another Kim.
 
But little do they know that the additional Kim they found...
Is a special one.
 
She turns their worlds around as the heartless become kind.
And as the note had said, they called her by her name.
 
Selene.
 
= = =
Ring.
 
Ring.
 
Ring.
 
"Aish! Xiah, could you answer the frickin' door?!" Hero's voice boomed through the house and Xiah, being the younger one, grudgingly stood up from his room to answer the door. It's a pain in the neck for him to be the one to ALWAYS the door, while his brother gets to have a few more minutes of sleep.
 
Not ever forgetting to bring a gun to be prepared, Xiah went to the door and opened it cautiously, pointing the gun at the supposed someone outside the door. But all he found was a girl lying limply on the floor, unconscious.
 
There was a note attached to the anchor brooch of the girl's clothing, and Xiah took his chances. He took picked note up and was about to read it. But even before he had a look at the note's first letter, Hero's voice was heard from inside the house.
 
"What the hell is taking you so long, Xiah! Who's there?"
 
"Hero hyung, it's an unconscious girl." Xiah replied to the question, and in three seconds flat, Hero ran to look at the girl who was still on their doorstep. Hero looked very closely at the girl and estimated her age to be about 16 or 17 years old. She looked so helpless like that, and not knowing quite why, he looked at Xiah and said one thing.
 
"Xiah, bring her to my room."
 
= = =
 
Her eyes opened to unfamiliar surroundings. Is this her room? Where was she? And most importantly... who is she?
 
She sat up on the bed, feeling pain in her body. Why was she here? All she remembered was a dark room, a pain on her right arm, and blacking out. Where is she? Who is she? She really just couldn't remember.
 
A few more moments, a man emerged from the bedroom door. He was about 19, but wait. How can she estimate people's ages? Don't usually people in the mafia do that?
 
"Hello. You're in my room right now. Don't be afraid of me. My name is Jaejoong." He said, before siting beside her. His voice was smooth and soft, like velvet. And he looks, good, in both a feminine-masculine way. 
 
He wrapped his arms around her and made her head lean on his shoulder, and involuntarily, she sighed.
 
"Can you tell me your name?" He asked her, and she sat up straight to look into the man's eyes. Then she looked down again.
 
"I...can't remember." She replied, and her eyes wandered around to the new environment, stopping only on the note in Hero's hand. Her eyes widened and she grabbed the note from Hero's hand, the memories rushing through her.
 
She had been brought by her family to a room, injecting some temporary memory loss and numbing agent into her, causing her to black out. She had been given a mission to work undercover a rival clan, and to be the cause of their destruction. The clues to her identity would be in the note attached to her clothing, and the last thing she heard were words wishing her good luck.
 
"You can't remember?" She heard the voice of Jaejoong cutting her thoughts, and she quickly looked at him. Clutching on to the note in her hands, she replied.
 
"Wait. I think I do."
 
= = =
 
"So, what's your name?" Hero asked her as the girl opened the note and read it loudly.
 
"To Hero and Xiah, I had brought a present for you. I had found her almost unconscious in my doorstep on a night of the full moon. I named her Kim Selene, after the moon, because I found her during the full moon, and Selene is the Greek Goddess of the moon. I had sent her to you for training. Please make her someone worthy to take over my position the moment I leave. Kim Ji Hoon."
 
"So, Selene is your name?" He asked her, and the girl reluctantly nodded.
 
"Well, Ji Hoon Appa had usually called me Aegi, so I thought that was my name. But I never knew he'd name me Selene." she said, and Hero looked at her with a confused expression.
 
"Well, if that's the case, I will call you by your name. Selene, right?" Hero asked her, and she nodded before smiling. Hero smiled as well. What do you know? It's another Kim, an addition to the Kim Clan!
 
At that moment, Xiah entered Hero's room, and said hello.
 
"The name of this guy is Junsu. He's my younger brother. We'll take care of you and train you in what we do." Hero continued before looking at Junsu, who extended a hand, a wide smile on his face for meeting another Kim.
 
"Hello, I'm Junsu. Nice meeting you, Selene." He said, before she took his hand and shook it.
 
"Nice to meet you too. Please take care of me well and please don't hesitate in teaching me all that you know." She said, smiling, as she released his hand.
 
"Well, there are new clothes in the closet, and we'll leave so you can change." Xiah said, before tugging his older brother away.
 
= = =
 
The girl held the note close to her chest and breathed deeply after the two had left.
 
So, her fake name would be Selene, huh? She thought it was gonna be another name. Anyway, when she gets all the information she needs, she'll quietly leave and return to where she really belongs. 
 
She was smiling happily in front of the two guys. But right nows, she's smiling evilly.
 
Little did they know that the girl they took in would be their downfall.
 
And she's named Selene.
 
= = = = = = = 
 
A/N: Let me just clarify something. The songs in the "The Soundtrack" segment aren't really the soundtracks for the chapter. This is just the song I listened to while making the chapter. It is up to you if you are to listen to it too or not.
 
=]
 
Comments are very well appreciated and very helpful. But please, let me reiterate... no bashing.
 
Thanks! 
 
>_< v
 
- cOnFuXiA