Spotted

Of Betrayal, Clans, and... Love.
11. Spotted
[She's Seen Once More]
 
The Soundtrack: Special by B2ST
 
She goes back to the Songs.
The plan for attack is shortened.
She succeeds the Clan.
 
And now, the council has a plan for her.
She has to...WHAT?!
 
Now, two days before the family meeting...
the Kim Siblings spot someone.
 
Someone special...
 
What would the two do when they see someone they haven't seen in a while?
 
Would they make her return to where she came from or not?
 
= = =
"Nyx, the present elders and future council want to talk to you."
 
I was looking at myself in the mirror in my room when Mors suddenly said it to me. He looked serious, like he didn't agree on something. And somehow, it made me wonder if he knew something about why I was to be met by both the present AND future council. 
 
Being talked to by the present elders was already a big deal. But even the future council? Even more of a big deal!
 
"Alright. Tell them I'll be meeting them shortly." I told Mors and he nodded before leaving my room. I looked at myself in the mirror again and sighed deeply before leaving my room behind.
 
Aish. It's gonna be a LONG meeting.
 
= = =
 
"Hyung, are you really sure that you're gonna call a family meeting? You can still stop it. It's still in two days." Xiah told me and I sighed as we were now in my car. I had planned on going somewhere just to take my mind off Selene for a while.
 
"Yeah, I'm sure. We already understood that they're gonna attack our clan next week on the night of the fool moon, meaning they'll attack us Friday next week. Besides, the whole clan has to know about Selene now." I said, sighing once more. Xiah breathed deeply, knowing that the clan has to be ready in case the Songs DO attack.
 
"I can't believe it has come to this. I never thought that the Songs would be waging an all-out clan war!" Xiah exclaimed and I nodded. Yeah, I never expected it too.
 
I sighed before looking out the window of my car and driving away.
 
"I just hope that Selene would be okay through all of this. I don't want her to get caught in this clan war... even if she's a Kim."
 
= = =
 
"You had asked for me, elders and council?" I had asked all people present in the clan's meeting room as I sat on the chair specifically reserved for me, Mors beside me.
 
"Well, we had called you here for a special mission." Hye Gyo Umma, Ceres, said, clasping her hands together. She's part of the present elders, by the way.
 
"Yes. As we all know, you had been doing undercover work for the clan in the base of our enemy, the Kims." Seung Hun Appa, Uranus, told me, and the majority of the council and elders nodded in agreement.
 
"And the preparations for the mass-scale attack had been rushed to completion after you have succeeded the clan. So, in four days, which is Tuesday next week, we will wage the attack on the Kims, which is 2 days earlier than what was previously set. The Kims had caused us trouble long enough." Kang Ho Haraboji, Chaos, said, and my eyes furrowed in confusion. How the hell are the Kims causing trouble?
 
"Can the council and elders PLEASE explain to me how the Kims had caused us trouble? In what ways had they affected us for me to lead the clan into fighting them?" I asked everybody, now irritated at what Haraboji said about the Kims. I HAD after all lived with them for a period of time, no matter how short.
 
Suddenly, Themis, Ji Hyo Unnie, who was quiet all throughout this meeting, suddenly stood up with her hands flat on the table. She was looking angry.
 
"The family told you that your parents, Song Ji Wook Abeonim and Song Mi Rae Omonim, had died in a plane crash, right?" She asked in an angry tone and looked at me harshly. Suddenly, Kang Ho Haraboji shouted.
 
"Don't tell her the truth, child!" He exclaimed and it made me suprised. What truth don't they want me to know? 
 
But Themis shook her head and continued to tell me what they say is the 'truth'.
 
"What if I told you that they didn't die in a plane crash? What if I told you that those two Kim Siblings of yours KILLED THEM?!"
 
= = =
 
I was shocked to the core with what I heard. No way. Xiah Oppa? and much more... Hero Oppa? They killed... my PARENTS?!
 
"No way... They can't." I murmured in shock and disbelief. They wouldn't dare...
 
"Yes they did. The brothers themselves instigated the crash of the private plane of your parents, sneaking in late at night to break the fuel compartment! This is why we called you, both council and elders. We would like to tell you the truth. And we're asking you to go back to the Kims. You HAVE to make them believe that you aren't an enemy. You HAVE to know their plans." Themis insisted, and I blinked my eyes, the truth beginning to sink in.
 
"This is WHY I didn't like to call Nyx earlier. I KNEW you were going to shock her!" Suddenly Mors barged inside the meeting room and held me in his arms. And that's where I realized... I was crying.
 
"I know that our real accession would still be next week, and that you will lead the clan as of today. But why don't you let Shi Rin make the decisions now? A few days from now, you'll all be powerless, because she's gonna lead the clan war. We both are! Why not let her live her life as a LEADER? Not as a PUPPET for all of you?!" He exclaimed, and the eyes of all present there widened. Since when did Mors have this much... courage?
 
He grabbed my hand and dragged me to my red Ferrari 360 Spider. And from a distance I swore I heard Seung Hun Appa tell Ji Hyo Unnie that she shouldn't have told me.
 
When we got to my car, he held me tightly in his arms and gave me a credit card. My eyes widened in confusion at this piece of plastic he's giving me.
 
"Go to the mall and spoil yourself. I know you don't want me to come with you because you wanted to be alone. But just like what I promised you, I'll always be behind you. So take it, and take your mind off going back to the Kims for a while. I know you'll go back there when you're ready. And just like how I know you would, you'd ask for peace between the two clans. Good luck, goddess. I love you." He said before releasing me and getting me inside the car. He was smiling as I drove off.
 
I clutched his credit card in my hands and sighed before I increased my speed. And by the purr of the engine, I said my silent thanksgiving.
 
Thank you, Mors. No. Thank you, Seung Hun.
 
= = =
 
"Thanks for coming with me here, Su." I told my brother as we were now walking inside the mall. We call each other by our real names outside our house so no one will know we're clan leaders. I called him "Su", well, it's just an endearment for my dongsaeng. He just smiled at me and playfully punched my shoulder.
 
"It's no problem, hyung. You deserve a break anyway." He told me before perking up at something he thought about.
 
"Hyung, let's go to starbucks. My treat." He told me before motioning to go to the Starbucks shop.
 
But when we got there, I saw a VERY familiar figure walking out of "The Body Shop" store very close by. I quickly nudged Junsu, and as he looked to the direction I was looking, his eyes widened too. He must've recognized her too.
 
"Junsu, look. Isn't that... Selene?"