Succession

Of Betrayal, Clans, and... Love.

 

10. Succession
[The Accession]
 
The Soundtrack: Betrayed by Tae Goon
 
The days continued to pass. 
Preparations come to completion.
Tonight is the night Eris becomes Nyx.
 
Tonight, the power is given to her.
Tonight, alliegance is pledged to her.
And tonight, she becomes unstoppable.
 
Word goes out to Xiah from his source.
The Song successor is taking over.
 
He tries to talk to Hero about it.
But he's not fully into the conversation.
 
Because his love told him not to find her.
Yes, his love. Why?
 
She's in act of succession.
 
= = =
"The preparations are done."
 
This was the sentence that awoke me 5:00 AM as Mors barged into my room. I was still tired from yesterday's preparations for my succession. I tried to turn around and not listen to him repeatedly say it, but it was no use. He even climbed into my bed and whispered the same sentence REPEATEDLY on my ear. Seriously!
 
When I couldn't take it anymore, I just flipped on my side, slightly irritated that someone had disturbed my sleep. Mors was still smiling widely at me and it somehow made me smile too.
 
"The preparations for our succession are done!" He said, and finally, the thought registered in my head. I sat up on my bed, and Mors did too.
 
Wait. The preparations are DONE? FINISHED? NOW?
 
"But it's still the third day, right?" I asked Mors, and he just smirked while shrugging his shoulders.
 
"Yeah. I guess they want us to succeed quickly." He said before kissing me on the cheek.
 
"Come on. The succession's gonna be tonight, so prepare yourself, goddess..." He whispered huskily into my ear and I laughed.
 
"It's SO doesn't fit you." I told him, and he laughed as well before taking my right hand, which had my "successor" ring on the middle finger. He intertwined my fingers with his and smiled.
 
I noticed that on the middle finger of his left hand he has his "successor" ring too, and just like mine, it contained black diamonds. Well, mine only had one, but the glazing was the replacement of the black diamonds. I noticed it because the finger he used to interlace his fingers with mine is his left hand.
 
"Tonight, these rings will be replaced with rings with more or even bigger diamonds. Tonight, we become leaders, Nyx." He told me and biting my lower lip, I nodded.
 
"But always remember this, Shi Rin. You might be Nyx and I might be Mors, but I swear that Seung Hyun will always support you. And that's the real me." He added and for the second to the last time before our succession and accession, he kissed me deeply.
 
= = =
 
"Tonight, we are gathered here, to witness the accession of the son and daughter of Song. This young man and young woman had been trained under the name of the clan, and now, they become the two leaders who would lead our Clan to victory, and the top." Our grandfather, Song Kang Ho, Clan Name: Chaos, announced. 
 
Everybody looked on as Seung Hyun, I mean Mors, emerged in front of the whole clan.
 
He was wearing a black suit, the color of our clan. I chuckled quietly at how shocked everyone will be when they see me emerge. It's because I wasn't just wearing black. I was also wearing red.
 
And take note of the color red... it's the Kim's.
 
As expected, gasps were heard from the Songs and deep inside me, it made me laugh. It's because I don't just respect myself being a Song. I have a part of me with the Kims, and I would not push that aside. I AM after all, Kim Selene as well.
 
But regardless of what color dress I wore, I still had traces of black, meaning I am not brushing off the fact that I am a Song.
 
The gasping lasted for only a few moments as the Clan understood why I was wearing the combined colors red and Black.
 
I wanted peace between the Songs and the Kims.
 
= = =
 
"Yo, Xiah. I found out something interesting. One of the Song Successors becomes leader today. But it amazed me that no matter how hard I try, I couldn't find out who the real successor is. It's either Song Shi Rin of Song Seung Hyun." Hee Chul hyung said as we talked on my cellphone. His voice had a tiny hint of fear, knowing that when the clan had already changed leaders, it would mean a whole new level of fighting between rivals. I feared it too, though I didn't want it to show.
 
"Really? 2 successors?! Whoah. It's gonna be a brand new fighting season, huh?" I told him, before saying that I needed to talk to Hero hyung about it and hanging up. I went back to my room, and suprisingly, I found him there. He was sighing when I found him, and it made me shake my head in thought. He's really hopeless.
 
"Hyung, Hee Chul hyung told me in the phone a while ago that a Song Successor will be taking over today. Don't you want to crash it?" I asked him jokingly, but he looked at me harshly before showing me a message on his phone. I looked at hyung and he was crying. I gasped as I read what was inside. It was from Selene. 
 
"Don't find me anymore. It's going to be fruitless. I hate both of you that's why I left. So don't find me. I hate you, Jaejoong." I said, reading the message from Selene. I shook my head, not agreeing. She wouldn't just leave like that. She's not that kind of person.
 
"About the party-crashing, no thanks. Anyway, how's the preparations for the clan meeting?"
 
= = =
 
"Now, the former rings you were given as successors shall be exchanged for rings of the leaders. This is the proof of your dominion over all Songs." Ji Eun said, before changing Mors's ring. Upon the new ring's arrival on his finger, the whole clan clapped loudly.
 
When it was my turn, Ji Eun smiled before whispering something to me.
 
"I personally made this ring when I got here from the States. I asked the elders to let me make your ring. Congrats, Nyx."
 
She changed my ring in one swift motion and lifted my hand up to show to the whole clan I was now Nyx. They all cheered and clapped loudly.
 
But out of the blue, Mors made the clan stop clapping and announced a pledge of allegiance to...me?!
 
"I, Mors, bearing the real name Song Seung Hyun, pledge my allegiance to Nyx, bearing the real name Song Shi Rin. I follow her orders, not as a fellow leader. But I follow her as her second in command. I place in her all my trust and I pledge that I will always agree with her because whatever choice she makes, she makes it for the best of the clan."
 
So this is what he meant by what he said earlier this morning...
 
"I also pledge my undying love to my cousin. Though there is no compulsion for us to be married, I announce to the whole clan my undying love and passion for my beloved Nyx. And even though she might come to love someone else besides me, I pledge that I, her second in command, shall respect her decision. But in front of you all, I say that I will always love her as a cousin." He added, before facing me and placing a necklace on my neck.
 
"This is a symbol that I love you more than as a cousin, Shi Rin. But since I know that what I have for you isn't right, I'm trying my best to let it go. So just treat this as a special gift from a cousin VERY close to your heart. I love you, Shi Rin." He told me before kissing the black diamond on my ring, the black pendant on my necklace... and my lips. Deeply. For the final time.
 
When he released me, all of my clan members teased me to him saying "Eeeeeeeeh!" and both him and I laughed with them a bit before simultaneously saying "Stop! We still have a ceremony here!" which caused all of the clan to laugh.
 
"Now, I certify as the future head of the Council, that the official successor shall be my sister, Nyx." Ji Hyuk Oppa, I mean Zeus, said, closing the ceremony.
 
From tonight, I am the leader of the Song Clan. From tonight, I shall be above everyone, even Mors.
 
And from tonight, every decision I make... will be unstoppable.
 
= = = = = = 
I apologize deeply for not being able to update yesterday because of my crazy internet connection.
But, as apology, I'm posting 3 chapters today.
 
if you wanna know what shirin's successor ring is, here it is ----> http://applesofgold.com/jewelryblog/images/2009/03/vintage-art-deco-black-diamond-engagement-ring.jpg
 
 
 
i actually prefer the successor rings to the accession rings... but yeah... =]
 
i can't find the link for shirin's dress [which i personally am fond of] so if you wanna know, you can give me your e-mail and i'll just send the pic to you. =]
 
 
I have bad news, by the way.
 
After my 3 chapter update, the story would only have exactly 8 chapters left.
 
awww... it's too quick, isn't it?