Mafia

Of Betrayal, Clans, and... Love.
1. Mafia
[An Introductory Chapter]
 
The Soundtrack: Wrong Number by DBSK
 
When everything revolved around guns, bullets, and death...
What was there to live for?
 
When the pleas of dying men was already music to the ears...
What was there to listen to?
 
When all that the mind knows is blood and death...
What life is waiting there?
 
When everybody is lost completely...
Would there be someone?
 
These are the sentences of those people who only handle guns,
Of men of bloody murders and clan documents.
 
When your life revolved around one clan who's mission was to kill,
can someone change you?
 
Especially if it's similar to the Mafia?
 
= = =
"Please, have mercy on my father!"
 
These are the words echoing through the very dark living room in a house, coming from a girl no more than 12 years of age, as men in black suits surrounded her father with guns pointed at him. Her mom was already lifeless on the ground, bleading her last drop of blood, her brother now shot in the head beside her mom, and her dad the only one left.
 
"Well, he hasn't been paying what is due to him, so he has to be punished." A voice was heard from behind her, and turning her head around, he found a well-built man about 18 years old, who was pointing a gun at her too.
 
"Then, could he at LEAST have a chance to pay you back?!" She shouted, despite the gun at her head. She knew that once she spoke too loud, her father might be shot out of annoyance. She didn't want that.
 
"He was already given chances, dear. But he had wasted all of them." Another male voice said, and she turned to its direction... seeing a beautiful man, about 19 years old. He was also pointing a gun at her, and this made her gulp. Now, TWO guns were pointed at her.
 
"Now, not only his wife and his son paid the price for him. Even you are included." The beautiful one said, before cocking his gun, which was in front of her head.
 
"Please, not my daughter!" The man pleaded. But even before he was true, the two men had already shot the poor girl, who was now lying on the floor, dead. The girl's father shouted in fear, as he now lost his whole family.
 
But who can blame those two guys who shot the poor girl? These two young men had been indebted 150 000 000 korean won, which is about 119,850.65 US Dollars in value. But how can they lend so much money? They are the richest people in the whole of Korea, and are the two most powerful people in terms of fights and killings. The names of these men?
 
Hero and Xiah.
 
These two are also the most efficient killers and murderers EVER in the History of Modern Korea. They can strike anywhere at anytime, and everyone should be ready. But it is most likely that even if you're prepared, you'd still be knocked out without even knowing it.
 
Never borrow from them an amount of money that you cannot pay. It is because when they ask you to pay back, you have to pay the WHOLE EXACT amount in one shot. If you can't they kill. Not only you, but your whole family.
 
So beware. These two men may be young. But they. Are. Heartless.
 
= = =
 
"Aish."
 
This was the only word that escaped Xiah's lips as he leaned back on the couch and closed his eyes to close off the thoughts that aren't disappearing in his mind.
 
No matter how much wine he drank, it was never gonna erase the look of the girl he shot earlier that night. Her worried look at her father, her scared expression when she was shot, and her hopeless figure as she died before his eyes.
 
"Yah, Junsu. What's happening with you? Are you feeling sorry with what we did to that guy's family?" Hero asked Xiah, calling him by his real name. Xiah, who now opened his eyes, looked at his biological brother before replying.
 
"Jaejoong hyung, we know that I'm not as heartless as you. I felt sorry not for the guy, but for that girl we both shot. She hasn't done anything wrong."
 
Hero, who became suprised after being called his real name, returned to normal when the question registered in his head. He looked at his younger brother with a confused expression before asking.
 
"We had been doing this very often for YEARS, Junsu. So why are you becoming soft now?"
 
Hero once more looked at his brother before sighing when Xiah didn't answer. He just couldn't understand what is happening for his brother to be this soft nowadays.
 
"We might be the most cruel people in Korea, or the richest. But that doesn't mean all we do is kill. We have lives too, hyung. LIVES." Xiah told Hero before once more leaning back and closing his eyes.
 
"We have lives Xiah, true. But our lives revolve around killing. That's we were born to do, that's we are doing for a living, and that's what we're gonna die doing." Hero said, now being formal to his brother by calling him his clan name.
 
"Do we even have a life out of this clan war, hyung? Can we even love a girl without her getting killed by other clans? Can we even have a family of our own? I didn't want to do this in the first place, hyung! But because our family's the most powerful clan there is in Korea, I was forced to do it! How about you?" Xiah asked Hero, refusing to call him by his clan name. Hero just leaned back and closed his eyes before replying to Xiah's question.
 
"I was forced MUCH MORE than you, Junsu. Remember, I was the one assigned by Abeoji to succeed this hell-group."
 
= = =
 
Hero, Kim Jaejoong. He is one the youngest yet one of the most cruel killers in the clan ranks and wars. He had been the killer in 55 murders instigated by the clan, yet had never been caught, not even once. The successor of the Kim clan, he was tasked strongly by his late father to be as heartless as possible because the moment he has heart, the clan will fall. He is the best handler of weapons and is the one most involved in the management of clubs and other forms of money making. He's the oldest of the two Kim brothers, the younger one would be Kim Junsu.
 
Xiah, Kim Junsu. He is the younger one of the two Kim siblings, yet one of the best fighters in Korea. Despite his childlike looks and actions, he is the youngest man EVER to win in 22 straight underground fight competitions without a scratch or a bruise on him. He is the one trained harshly by the clan to be of the best help in times of his older brother's need. He was tasked strongly as well by their late mother to be the best support to his brother, and to be greater than people's expectations. He's now second in command in the Kim clan, and Hero's most trusted right-hand.
 
These two are the darkest of the dark, the most cruel of the cruel, and the best of the best. These guys can never be beaten in terms of skill, and killing power. Stealth is their key to success, and their allies, the other Kims, had been their most trusted friends.
 
But despite their skillful hands and advanced minds, there was one thing that took them by suprise... or rather, a person.
 
She will be the one to change the lives of the unchangeable, and the cause of the Kim clan's near downfall.
 
And her name was Selene.