Elusion

Of Betrayal, Clans, and... Love.

 

12. Elusion
[She Runs Away Again]
 
The Soundtrack: Try To Copy Me by 2NE1
 
Just when she thought she can be alone...
She meets the duo of her nightmares.
 
They meet again in an unexpected time.
 
So she does what she thinks is best.
 
She avoids them.
She tries to run away.
 
But it doesn't look like they're gonna let her escape.
Especially not when they see each other again.
 
So she sees the next option, she calls for help.
Help? Yes, help.
Help in her elusion.
 
= = =
"Nyx, I'm sorry about what happened earlier, I was just a bit agitated that's why I revealed things."
 
"Nyx, are you sure you wanna be alone? I can come with you there, if you like."
 
"Nyx, I am so sorry about what happened in the meeting with us earlier. PLEASE come back."
 
"Shi Rin-ah, I know what had happened in the meeting was excruciatingly difficult, but please, little sis. Come back."
 
"Nyx, please come back now. It's dangerous going out alone."
 
"How are you there, Shi Rin-ah? Having fun? How's the shopping going? I'll see you later, love. Take care there."
 
These were the voice messages in my inbox as I listened to it in the mall. The first one was from Ji Hyo Unnie, the second was from Ji Eun-ah, the third was from Hye Gyo Umma, the fourth one was from Ji Hyuk Oppa, the fifth? Woo Bin Oppa. The last one made me smile. Surely it was from Seung Hyun, who else would know I'm at the mall?
 
I sighed as I slipped my phone into my pocket and carried my bag, which I left in my car by the way, and took a stroll in the mall. I'm really not a mall person, but suprisingly, malling was a bit nice for me today.
 
Well, better make use of Seung Hyun's card he gave me. Better do some shopping now. I'll buy something from The Body Shop for those girls back in the Song Clan, this is the least I can do after they begged for me to come home. Oh well.
 
= = =
 
"Let's see..." I looked at the racks in the store for anything I can buy for those back at home, and for myself of course.
 
Ah! Here! A Lemon Set and face powder for Hye Gyo Umma. 
 
A Moroccan Rose set and a lip balm for Ji Hyo Unnie. 
 
A Japanese Cherry Blossom Set and a Lipstick for Ji Eun. 
 
And finally, A Red Cranberry Set, black liquid eyeliner, red lipgloss, and loose mineral powder for myself.
 
Well, I better thank Mors for lending me his card. It kinda made me relaxed now, though I certainly wasn't a mall person.
 
I was already going out of The Body Shop when somebody called my name. 
 
And it sent shivers down my spine. Why?
 
Because the voice was familiar. TOO familiar.
 
"Selene!"
 
I hoped that what I heard isn't who I'm thinking of, and turned around. But it had been my mistake that I turned around.
 
I was right. It WAS Xiah and Hero. They were now approaching me, I guess trying to talk to me, but I don't want to yet. Even though I was tasked to go back, I can't yet.
 
So I did the only thing that ran in my mind. 
 
I ran.
= = =
 
"Hyung!"
 
I shouted as I saw Selene's figure beginning to run away from us. Oh no, she's not gonna get past me THIS time around. Upon hearing me shout, he began to run as well. Through the multitude of people in the mall, we continued to run. I might've collided with some people I passed by, but I didn't care.
 
Just as long I don't lose sight of her.
 
Please, don't go yet, Selene. I need you here with me right now.
 
= = =
 
"Junsu! Go to my car, quickly! Drive until you get to the entrance! I'll take it from there!" I shouted before throwing my car keys to Xiah, who was now running to the direction of the parking lot. I continued running after Selene, not letting her out of my sight.
 
This was the advantage of Xiah and me working in a pair while Selene is just alone. We could surround her.
 
When I DO get a hold on her, I'm gonna demand for answers.
 
Why did she leave us, like she said? And, does she really hate us? Does she TRULY hate me?
 
And how was she able to stand DAYS without being caught?
 
Aish. I really need to catch her.
 
But darn! She's runs fast!
 
= = =
 
I continued running swiftly away from the pursuitors. I think I've lost Xiah Oppa already, but I STILL wasn't able to throw Hero Oppa off. Aish! Why the hell can't they just leave me alone?!
 
I quickly got out of the mall and ran to my car. When I got there, I breathed a sigh of relief. Whew. I was able to throw Hero Oppa off.
 
But it looks like I sighed in relief too soon... because I saw Hero Oppa's red Ferrari Italia in the distance. THAT'S why Hero Oppa and Xiah Oppa suddenly disappeared. Aish.
 
I quickly drove away, fishing for my phone in my pocket. While driving, I quickly called someone I need right now. I bit my lip as I increased my speed. I'm geting desperate.
 
"Mors. I need help in throwing these Kims off. Could you help me? I need to escape them for now. Please." I said quickly, not minding even if Mors still hasn't said hello.
 
"Sure. I'll be there soon, where do you plan to lead them?" He asked me, and I looked at the GPS I had in my car, telling Mors the directions.
 
"I'm gonna lead them to the southwest. We change cars near the south. Send Ji Eun here instead of Ji Hyo Unnie. She understands this more than you know. Plus, the two already know how Ji Hyo Unnie looks. Just ask her. I'm sure Ji Eun will agree." I blabbed on to Mors, who just murmured words in agreement.
 
I ended the call and gripped the steering wheel very hard. This is gonna be risky. But I hope it works.