Meeting

Of Betrayal, Clans, and... Love.

 

16. Meeting
[The Plan is Revealed]
 
The Soundtrack: Love Ya by SS501
 
Mornings begin early for Hero and Luna.
They train, train, and train even more.
 
Xiah wasn't around this time they're training.
The two wonder why.
 
But they disregard it because of the upcoming event.
 
Amidst the hype that is going around for the Song Attack,
Hero remains calm about the situation.
 
The meeting commences later in the night.
Luna may not be able to be there in body,
but she's there...through the cameras.
 
The boys step up as leaders.
The clan unites for one night.
Shhh. Quiet, everyone.
A meeting is going on.
 
= = =
"Haiyah!"
 
The two wooden samurai swords, called bokken, crashed at my shout. There were so much force behind our blows, and every attempt at hitting someone fails as the block is already there even before we try. We had been at this for an hour already, yet no one got by either of us. He was just too skilful, and not meaning to brag, so am I.
 
"Aish. It's been an hour already, Hero Oppa. Why aren't we stopping yet?" I asked Hero Oppa while blocking an attack coming from him. I wasn't letting my guard down. Not ever.
 
"Doing this not only trains your skill, but also your endurance." He said, before trying to swipe his bokken at my foot. I jumped over it and proceeded with attempting to hit him by his neck, which was blocked by him as well.
 
"I noticed that Xiah wasn't talking to us ever since that incident." Hero Oppa opened a conversation while I was attacking him. I continued attacking him, still focusing on my attacks, but commenting as well.
 
"Yeah. I wonder, what's wrong with him?" I said, and was almost distracted when a look of irritation crossed his features. Was he...jealous? Of his own brother?!
 
I quickly jumped back to gather more energy for my last attack. I noticed he backed off too, thinking the same thing as me. Well, it all depends who hits first now. We were about to deal the final blow to each other when all of a sudden, both our cellphones rang.
 
"Aish." Hero Oppa said, shaking his head. He stopped and went to get his phone. It's a call.
 
"Chinja..." I almost moaned the word as I looked at my phone. It's another text from Mors.
 
From: MoRs
Hey, how are you doing there?
Are you sure no one's suspecting yet?
I heard that the meeting's gonna be tonight.
Don't attend it, even if you're required to.
Please, Nyx. Follow me just this once.
 
My brows furrowed in confusion as I read the message. I wonder why Mors asked me to avoid the meeting. Would it be bad?
 
But anyway, I decided to follow Mors this one time as I made up my mind not to go to the meeting later. I think I'm gonna need some excuse. Hmmm...
 
I quickly deleted the message, choosing not to reply to Mors as I saw Hero Oppa ending his call and going back to where I was.
 
"Hey, the family meeting's gonna be later tonight. Go there with me, okay?" He asked me, and I slowly shook my head.
 
"I don't know. I think I'm not yet ready." I told him, but his look was firm. It kept telling me that I MUST come. Aish.
 
"Anyway, shall we continue where we left off?" Hero Oppa asked me, and I spied a look at the time on my phone. 8:57 A.M. Whoah. Our morning started early today, huh. I took my bokken and proceeded back to our last position.
 
We both took a deep breath, before shouting and charging at each other.
 
"Haiyah!"
 
= = =
 
"Where the hell is Luna?!"
 
I exclaimed this question as I saw that Selene wasn't here in the meeting room yet. But the meeting was about to start! Aish! Where could she be?
 
I was already in the meeting room along with 18 of the Kim clan's high ranking people, Xiah included, to discuss about what we're going to do when the Song Clan attacks. I personally told Selene that she HAS to come, but why wasn't she here?! Aish! And to think that I was supposed to introduce her as my girlfriend. Aish!
 
When I looked at my watch and it said 6:00 in the evening, I sighed in frustration, facing the people who had come today. Better start the meeting without her.
 
"Fellow Kims, we have gathered here today to discuss on an imposing threat to our long-lived clan. The Songs have been planning to attack our family on Friday, next week. For this, a plan must be made and brought to completion."
 
= = =
 
"How are you doing there, Nyx?" Mors asked me while I was inside the camera viewing room. I had snuck in to know what they were talking about even if I wasn't there physically. Mors was right about not attending. I can't risk showing myself to the Kims who might have an idea that I really am not a Kim but a Song. So, I just found a way to know what they were talking about yet be absent from the meeting itself. I wonder why Hero Oppa had asked me to attend this. I wasn't even a high-ranking person, anyway.
 
"I'm fine here. But I suggest you leave already. If anyone sees you, your help would be for nothing." I told him, worried about his safety when either one of the two Kim Siblings see him. It's gonna be one tough thing not just for him. It's also a tough thing for me as well. Goodbye to my cover.
 
"Sure. I just checked in on you. Be safe, okay?" He said before kissing my cheek lightly and walking away sneakily. Aish. I hope he'll be safe.
 
= = =
 
"So, when will the preparations for this plan take effect?" Kim Jong Kook, one of my uncles and member of the Kim Council, asked me. He was the one in charge of the weapons and supplies for the whole clan.
 
 
"Well, it's tentatively going to be tomorrow onwards. I suggest that we start the preparations as soon as possible. After all, they are gonna wage an all-out clan war with us. We cannot afford to have casualties. So, we have to know what points we're gonna strengthen." I said, before looking at Xiah, who was on the opposite side of me.
 
"I suggest however, that even though we're preparing, the offensive arms and weapons should be delivered in regulated amounts. It's still a few more days before they attack. It's best if we work on our defenses. After all, it's THEM attacking, not us." He said with a straight face, looking straight into my eyes. It amazed me that he thought of this plan. He wasn't this perceptive before.
 
"I agree. We need less firepower with us in our own turf." Ah Joong Noona added, before looking at Xiah. However, there's something in his look that seemed suspicious. It was like they were on an inside story I had no idea of.
 
"But who's gonna take care of the strongholds in the Kim turf? We can't forget that there are still attacks of the Songs going on." Kim Ha Neul, my auntie on the father's side, asked. She was the one who took care of me at the absence of my dad.
 
"That's true. If we withdraw the men, not only our clubs will be damaged, and our weapons become scarce, but also, the Song Territory will increase, thus disabling us from creating more strongholds." Ji Soo Omonim agreed, nodding her head. She then looked at Nam Gil Abeonim with a knowing look. Wait...everything's getting suspicious.
 
"If it can help, I'll send some of my men in Thailand for you guys. They're a great help, and I don't think the Songs have gotten through there yet." Bum Soo Abeonim said, who received a smiling, but suspicious, expression from Nam Gil Abeonim. What the hell is it with these suspicious looks!
 
"I'll send some men from Singapore too. It's been a relaxed year for the mafia business there." Nam Gil Abeonim added.
 
"I was supposed to say that I would be sending men from Malaysia, Taiwan and Macau. But the attacks of the Song had gotten stronger there." Kim Tae Woo Abeonim, another uncle of mine and part of the Kim Council, said.
 
"Yes, it's true. I have to say sorry because the men I have in China, Japan, and here in Korea have their hands full. The Songs are attacking them as well. They seem to be growing stronger these days." Kim Tae Hee Omonim, an aunt of mine, part of the council, and Tae Woo's little sister, said.
 
"Then, is it okay if we let the youngsters take over for the stronghold foundations?" Kim Jeong Hoon Abeonim, my dad's closest cousin, said.
 
"I'll go for it. These young men have been trained well too. Why not see what they can do?" Kim Hee Sun, older sister to Kim Ah Joong and my supposed to be wife if we followed the cousin-to-cousin engagement rule, had said. The others had nodded in agreement. Everybody began to hush, thinking who will take over where.
 
"I'll be the one handling Busan." Kim Ryeo Wook, a cousin of mine, suddenly said after a long time of silence.
 
"I'll handle Gwangju." Kim Young Woon, more known as Kang In, spoke up. He's one of my cousins too.
 
"I'll take Daegu." Kim Kyu Jong, my dad's favorite nephew, said. He's another of my many cousins.
 
"There's gonna be no problem in Ulsan." Hyung Joon said.
 
"I'll be in Daejeon in you need me." Kim Jong Woon, Also known as Ye Sung, said just like he was talking to someone on the phone, accompanied by the chuckles of my other cousins, uncles, and aunts.
 
"Incheon is my territory." Kim Sang Bum, another cousin of mine, claimed, with a smirk.
 
"Seoul is mine." Kim Hee Chul, my hyung said, before smirking at Xiah. Xiah smirked back. O...kay. THAT was really suspicious.
 
"Well, since all of Korea's urban cities had been taken, how about Jeju?" I asked the people, observing their reactions.
 
"Ki Bum went there yesterday. He said he's gonna stay there to monitor for the time being." Hee Chul hyung said.
 
"But how about Japan?" I asked back.
 
"We've already sent Hyun Joong to take care of it." Xiah said, looking at me straight in the eyes with a smirk on his face. It's getting creepy at how strongly he's looking at me. And there's something else I sense. A...deadly aura perhaps?
 
"All right then. Preparations shall begin tomorrow, departure for their respective strongholds must be as soon as possible. We shall meet on Wednesday to check on the final preparations and founded strongholds. Everybody will participate in this fight, so to the ones taking care of the strongholds, assign men to represent you in your respective places on the day of the fight or go back here yourself. With that given, this meeting is officially at an end."
 
= = =
 
The high ranking Kims had left one by one at the announcement of the meeting's end. And now, only me and Hero hyung were left in side the conference room.
 
I looked at the conference table wherein the fate of the Song attack has been decided. We're gonna fight back. But as I looked back at the table, I noticed that there was one seat which hadn't been sat on. It was still pressed really close to the table. I haven't noticed that there was someone missing as I was thinking too much about how I would be able to deceive Hero hyung about our own secret preparations for his death.
 
I looked at Hero hyung who was looking on the floor even while standing. He looked crestfallen. I wonder why.
 
"Hey, what's with the dejected face, hyung?" I asked him in a joking way, which received a sad look from him.
 
"There was one seat unoccupied." He said, and at the moment, I realized what he meant.
 
Selene wasn't in the meeting.
 
= = =
 
A CD in hand, Selene began sneaking out of the viedeo-audio viewing room. She had gotten all she needs to know, from the start to the finish. Now she knows what the Kims are planning to do. It's gonna be easier to defeat her enemies this time around.
 
But the looks that some Kim members were exchanging, it hadn't gone past her too. It's like something's happening that she doesn't know, and she thinks Hero doesn't have a clue either because he looked confused as well. The looks at each other weren't just looks of people who were in on an inside joke. No. It was way more than that.
 
The way those Kims looked at each other had the feel that they were accomplices. Accomplices of someone who had an ultimate goal... to kill.
 
There's a feeling in her heart, a fear that she can't explain. Horror that is way out of her league. At this, she clutched the cd she was holding in her hands.
 
Why does she suddenly have the strangest feeling that the Kim clan is gonna be split in two?
 
= = =
This chapter actually had a clue of what the side of Xiah will do to lessen Hero's forces, making it easier for them to kill Hero. Can you spot which characters belong to Xiah's side and those that belong to Hero's side?
 
=]
 
If you find out what Xiah planned to do, try to comment me about it, and I tell you if you're right.
 
x]