End

Of Betrayal, Clans, and... Love.

 

20. End
[The Closure]
 
The Soundtrack: NU ABO by F[x]
 
She arrives on the scene, huffing and catching her breath...
just as the two were about to deal the final blow.
She stops them and tells them the truth.
Everything turns around.
 
Never in their whole attack did they think of losing.
Never did they think of being the common opponent.
But their own plan turns against them.
 
Someone is shot.
Someone is critical.
Really...is she?
 
One lets go, one holds on.
One has won her heart for real.
 
The war stops...entirely.
The brothers reconcile.
But there was something that stayed...fear.
For they all held thier breath, anticipating...
 
...the end.
 
= = =
"Everybody geared up?"
 
This was what Dong Gun asked to all the Lees as they approached the building where the Kims and Songs were fighting. A unison of "yes" was heard.
 
"All right then. Dong Hae and Eun Hyuk, go to the west side with your cousins." He told them, and the two nodded before going.
 
"Sung Min, Jun Ki. Go to the back with your aunts, that's where our ambush point is." He told the two, who also nodded then ran towards the back of the building.
 
"Jin Ki and Tae Min. Lead your uncles to east." He said, and with that, the two mentioned began running to the east, their uncles behind them.
 
Hyo Ri was left behind, wondering why she didn't have any assignment yet. Dong Gun just smiled, saying "Hyo Ri, come with me. We're going with the Elders to the front."
 
= = =
 
"Sung Min-ah, I need you to do something for me." Jun Ki had told Sung Min, who was a bit confused because the former didn't really talk to him much.
 
"What is it, Jun Ki-ah?" Sung Min asked back to Jun Ki, who just smirked before whispering the plan at his ear. Sung Min's eyes widened, and he turned to his cousin with a shocked expression.
 
"Did I hear right?! You're planning THAT, Jun Ki?!" He shouted, and Jun Ki had to shush him before he kept his mouth closed.
 
Jun Ki smirked internally as he thought about the plan he had devised and the person involved, the "Song Girl".
 
"Once I get to you...oh how you would moan."
 
= = =
 
Shi Rin increased her steps as she passed the familiar hallways that she ran past just 5 minutes ago. She ran swifter and swifter, silently hoping that nothing bad would happen to the two yet. She can't afford to lose either one of the two Kim siblings close to her heart.
 
A few moments after, she got to a room where the two men she was looking for were, fighting each other fiercely and seriously. She could see the fire in their eyes as they fought each other, willing to kill and betray each other...for her.
 
Then and there she decided that she would rather be hated by the men she has in her heart if it leaves both of them alive, than choosing one of the two men and have the other one die fighting fo her. So despite their intense fight, she went inside the room and attempted to stop the chaos.
 
= = =
 
"This is it, hyung. You're going to die." Xiah said with a smirk, running to me with the final strike on his mind. I smirked myself and started preparing for the oncoming attack. It's not me who's gonna die, it's him.
 
We were already so close to each other when we heard a familiar voice echo through out the room.
 
"STOP!"
 
Xiah and I suddenly stopped in our tracks, recognizing fully well whose voice it is. Selene's.
 
"Stop fighting for me! You shouldn't be killing yourselves for an enemy like me!" She shouted once again and my eyes furrowed in confusion. How can she be an enemy?
 
"My real name is Song Shi Rin and the new leader of the Song Clan! Can't you see?!" She shouted, holding up her right hand and showing the ring decorated with black diamonds. And then it hit me. She's really a Song.
 
"I'm so--" She began to say, but even before she could complete, a loud bang was heard. Xiah and I turned to the direction of the sound and saw a man holding a gun. He was smirking, and I started to see that he looked familiar. Where have I seen him?
 
I quickly loked to where Selene was, but she was gone. In a split second, I heard a scream. Selene's.
 
= = =
 
"Let go of me!" I shouted as a man dragged me down a hallway. I hadn't felt his presence behind me when I saw the first guy. Aish.
 
I quickly resolved to stop walking and kick the man on his side. This made him let me go. As he fell to the ground, I quickly began to run, but he was quicker than I was. Before I knew it, I was trapped between the wall and him, my hands on either side of my head.
 
"You look hotter in person than through the camera lens." He said before lowering his lips to mine. Oh no. Xiah Oppa, Hero Oppa, help!
 
= = =
 
"Haiyah!"
 
I shouted as I kicked the man one last time on the side, making sure he couldn't move anymore because of the tremendous pain. It had been an easy match between him and us Kim brothers. We weren't the leaders of the Kim clan for nothing.
 
"Xiah. The Lees..." I heard Hero hyung murmur as he looked at the man we just beaten. I looked at the unconscious man's face and gasped as I recognized him. Lee Sung Min.
 
Shoot. The Lees had decided to use the riot as their ambush time. The best thing we could do right now is to beat them in number. But that's not applicable now, since the Kims themselves are killing each other.
 
Suddenly, an idea came to me. The Songs.
 
I quickly went to Hero hyung and placed my hand on his shoulder.
 
"Hero Hyung, I know that this will be hard, but can you go round the Kims up? They would listen only to you, since you're the real clan leader." I told him and his expression turned angry.
 
"And you're going after Selene?" He asked me, and I nodded.
 
"What the hell makes you think I'd agree?" He asked me again and I took a deep breath. I feared what would happen if he wouldn't agree.
 
"Because if we don't act soon the Lees might use the fighting to kill ALL of us Kims...and only a clan leader could be able to convince the Song council to fight with us..."
 
= = =
 
"Let go of her!"
 
I heard a familiar voice down the hall which made the man stop his maneuver. But I didn't dare open my eyes because as far as I know, there is only about a millimeter left in between my and the stranger's lips.
 
Not long after, I felt all weight lifted from me. Opening my eyes, I saw the stranger on the floor, and Xiah Oppa beside me. Oh, Xiah Oppa! I quickly stood up and ran to him, feeling his arms wrap around me.
 
"I thought you taught me that you shouldn't help an enemy?" I asked him, but he just chuckled softly and held me tighter in his arms.
 
"I believe that you are no enemy to me, remember that." He said, and I smiled, thinking that everything is gonna be fine now. But from the corner of my eye, I saw the stranger stand up and get his gun.
 
"I've always wanted to do this before. Now a person namen Lee Jun Ki will be able to kill the next in line for the Kim Clan!" The stranger shouted, pointing his gun to Xiah Oppa.
 
No! Not Oppa!
 
I quickly made him turn to screaming as the bullet hit me.I know it's a foolish move. But I'd rather they stayed alive. Lee Jun Ki-sshi. I'm sorry. But you have to kill me first before you get to kill my Oppa.
 
Before my eyes closed, all I heard was the scream of Xiah Oppa as he held me to his chest.
 
= = =
 
"Kims, listen to me! The Lees had taken advantage of this situation we have right now to organize an ambush to kill us all. We know that the only thing that can contradict the flow of the ambush is by having more number than the ambushers, which isn't appropriate for us right now. So the last resort for us is to ask help from the Songs." Hero had said to the shocked members of the Kim Clan. Never did they expect that they would ask help from their enemies, the one they planned to kill.
 
"I know that it's difficult for you to ask help. I myself feel useless right now. But if you still want your family and yourselves to live, then you should hold on, even to your enemy." He continued to say. The faces of the Kims began to change expression, irritation and anger now showing.
 
"What?! US?! We're gonna beg mercy from our enemy?! This is an OUTRAGE!" One Kim had said, shouted actually, and Hero sighed in frustration as he thought of a way to calm the Kims down.
 
"The Songs and The Kims need to hold on to each other now, whether we like it or not. This clan also needs respect..." Hero began.
 
"...Especially if they really didn't do the things they were accused of."
 
Hero turned at the sound and almoste gasped when he found the whole Song Clan survivors standing tall, serious expressions on their faces.
 
"What do you mean?" He asked, and the one woman who spoke earlier, Song Hye Gyo, stepped forward. She breathed deeply before answering his question.
 
"In the name of the Song Clan elders, I Song Hye Gyo, swear that none of the Songs killed your former leaders."
 
"What?!" The Kims chorused in shock. No person in this mafia-like clan would swear in the name of their clan elders AND say their real name unless they were telling the truth.
 
Suddenly, a man barged into the room, blood on his white clothing.
 
"Xiah! What happened to you?!" Hero asked worriedly, seeing that the faces of the Songs were shocked as well. Xiah could only softly say the answer.
 
"Hyung, It's not me who's hurt. It's...her."
 
= = =
 
In less than a second, a loud roar was heard.
 
"No! NYX!"
 
Everybody looked in suprise as Seung Hyun ran straight to Xiah. He grabbed the Kim by the clothing and spoke, anger obviously implied in his words.
 
"What happened to her...?!" Seung Hyun growled, to which Xiah struggled out of his hold. When he finally got free, he placed both hands on Seung Hyun's shoulder.
 
"I didn't do anything bad to her. I saved her from a Lee who tried to get her. I though he was already out, but Selene saw him getting a gun. She took the bullet for me." Shock began to cross his features.
 
"Where is she?" Hero asked once again, worry increasing every second.
 
"She's in the eleventh room from here. Hyung Joon and Hee Chul found Selene and I while he was looking for you, and they knocked the Lee out. But I'm afraid she's losing too much blood." Xiah said brokenly, tears starting to form in his eyes. In that moment, the Kims understood and went to where the three men were standing.
 
"We'll take care of this. I'm a doctor, so I'll be taking care of her. I'll be needing Ryeo Wook too, since he has been studying medicine for a few years now. Whatever happens to the new Song leader will be our responsibility. If she dies, you can kill us first." Kim Tae Hee said, before running with Ryeo Wook to the direction where Shi Rin currently was. Both clans ran after them.
 
= = =
 
The pain is starting to take its toll on me, and my eyes have started to close. It looks like I'm losing more blood than I thought.
 
"I can't take it anymore..." I murmured to Hee Chul who was running his hand on my forehead.
 
"No, don't speak like that because you still can. It takes a strong girl to be able to make it past our clan for months without being killed. And I know that you wouldn't want to leave the one you love, right?" He said, continuing to run his hand on my forehead.
 
"Why did you accept me that easily when you found Xiah and me? You could've killed me..." I mumured brokenly, as I felt more pain while I spoke.
 
"No. I wouldn't want to kill the one Xiah loves so much. It would kill him too." He said, briefly stopping what he was doing to me to ask me a question.
 
"But answer this first. Who do you really love? Xiah or his brother?" Hee Chul asked me again, and with a sad smile I replied, hearing the footsteps of a multitude of people, feeling my strength slowly leaving me, and my eyes closed.
 
"Hero Oppa."
 
= = =
 
"Oh no. She really IS losing too much blood. We need to get her to the hospital." Ryeo Wook said worriedly as he and Tae Hee examined Shi Rin's condition.
 
"I'll bring her." Three men, Seung Hyun, Xiah, and Hero answered simultaneously. All people looked at them and one final question was asked by Tae Hee.
 
"Who will REALLY bring her? There's not much time." She asked, and all the boys had withdrawn looks on their faces.
 
"I'll put my trust on you guys one last time. In Nyx's absence, I have to take over the clan. If things work out well between the joined forces of the Kims and Songs, I'll immediately check up on her and maybe we could be brothers, too. Okay?" Seung Hyun said, smirking at the Kim Siblings, which earned him a nod from both brothers.
 
Xiah had been feeling guilty because he had been the cause of Shi Rin's critical condition, and in that moment, he spoke.
 
"Hyung. You drive her there. I'm giving up. Your blood type's O, right? You're the only one who can immediately donate blood to her because I'm type B. Besides, I knew I'll never have her the moment you decided to fight me. Go. Be happy with her, Okay?" Xiah said, smiling at his brother, who nodded and quickly carried Shi Rin out of the building.
 
And Hero swore that he heard Xiah say "I'll take the leader spot for myself today, 'kay?" jokingly as he went out with Tae Hee and Ryeo Wook.
 
= = =
 
"If the Kims didn't kill my mother and father, then who?" Xiah asked now, as they were left. Seung Hyun had told him while they watched Shi Rin being carried by Hero.
 
"We did. We just made it look like it was the Songs who did it. And as for the former leaders of the Songs, it's us too."
 
The clans turned around to find the Lees smirking at them. But to the suprise of the Lees, Seung Hyun and Xiah went to the front line and smirked at them as well.
 
"Kims batch 1, go to the west!" Xiah shouted.
 
"Songs group 1 to the east!" Seung Hyun followed.
 
"Half of batch 2 of Kims, to the back!" Xiah again shouted his instruction.
 
"Half of Songs group 2, stay with us. We're gonna need back-up." Seung Hyun once again shouted, the smirks of the leaders now growing wider.
 
"You're not gonna get past us, even if you try." Both leaders said in a low tone, before charging at the Lees.
 
They're gonna win this, they thought.
 
And they did.
 
= = =
 
"How's Selene?" Xiah asked as they rushed to the emergency room where Shi Rin was being operated in. Both clans survived the fight with the Lees who retreated after losing many men. Hero, who was asked, just remined silent as he shrugged his shoulders.
 
"How long has the operation been?" Seung Hyun asked Hero too, and with a sad expression, he replied.
 
"An hour and a half. They said that the bullet was very near her vital parts, and they're worried that if they tried to get it out, they might affect her organs." Hero said worriedly.
 
"It's gonna be okay, I know it." Xiah said, running his hand up and down an his Hyung's back. Hero's eyes were now wet with tears.
 
"Nyx is a very strong girl. Believe in her." Seung Hyun said, and Hero nodded.
 
The clans arrived not long after, and everybody, even the Kims were now very worried for the Song leader.
 
But suddenly, the light on the emergency room went off, and a doctor went out.
 
"Who's the relative of Ms. Song?" The doctor asked. Three hands were raised. Seung Hyun's, Hero's, and Xiah's.
 
"I'm her cousin." Seung Hyun said.
 
"I'm her brother." Xiah followed.
 
"And I'm her boyfriend." Hero said.
 
The doctor had a serious expression on his face, and looked into the eyes of the three men. The clans had moved in closer as well just to hear if Shi Rin lived or died. The seconds ran past and everyone was holding their breaths. 
 
Just then the doctor smiled, and the three men understood. The clans cheered and pushed past the doctor to rush inside the emergency room, even if it's not allowed to.
 
"She's alive, and she wants to see every single one of you." The doctor said with a smile to the now empty hallway where the clans were before. He chuckled a little before going inside the room.
 
= = =
And here is the end for my fic. The end is really crappy, isn't it?
 
Anyway...
 
Don't let go of this fic yet for I still have an epilogue to be posted. Please wait patiently for it!
 
=]