Desperate

Of Betrayal, Clans, and... Love.

 

14. Desperate
[The Killers Learn To Love]
 
The Soundtrack: Like Now by DBSK
 
In the soft gleam of the moon, he cries.
In the silence of the room, she surrenders.
 
He tells her how he feels, and she's shocked.
But in the end, she accepts.
Even if he took away her parents' lives.
 
But in spite of all confessions.
Despite of all acceptance.
Someone will always be against all of this.
And he saw everything.
 
So, the downfall starts now.
Brother against brother..
 
All because they're desperate for love.
 
= = =
"Oppa..."
 
He puts a finger to my lips and hushes me, before pressing his forehead to mine. He closed his eyes and smiled before mumuring the words "too beautiful" softly. Why is he like this to me? I thought he was angry because I'm gone. I thought... he believed me when I sent him that text message.
 
"Do you really hate me, Selene? Tell me the truth." He requested in a soft voice, and only can look down in embarassment. He didn't believe a word I texted him.
 
I can't tell him how I feel, so I kept silent. I didn't want to speak JUST yet.
 
My resistance still isn't broken. I don't want to talk with someone who killed my mom and dad.
 
That's what I kept telling myself. But convincing myself that I can take not talking to him was hard.
 
Everything became even harder to resist when he softly pressed his lips to mine. Even in a brief moment, I felt that he was really sad that I left. And in that short moment, I swore I felt tears roll down his cheek.
 
When he pulled back from the kiss, he held me tightly in his arms, and I began to hear his sobs.
 
"Do you really hate me, Selene? What have I done for you to hate me so much that you'd leave me?" He asked me, his voice already breaking, and his embrace tightening.
 
"Hero-sshi. Stop. Don't be this...sad." I coldly said, trying to get him off me. But he didn't let go. He just tightened his embrace even more.
 
"What happened to 'Oppa'? What happened to 'Jae Joong'? Why can't you call me that again?" He asked me, louder this time, but hurt still evident.
 
"Can't you even remember what I--" I said, but I was cut off by his rejection.
 
"No! I don't remember! I can't remember, and I won't remember! I won't EVER remember that you said you hate me!" He exclaimed, like a kid who won't believe that his pet goldfish had died.
 
"Let me go, Hero-sshi." I said harshly, before pushing him away with all my strength. It hurt me on the inside for me to do that, but I have to. If that went on, I might not be able to resist any longer.
 
I was able to get him off me, but he just became even more aggressive. He went on my bed and pinned me under him. Even in the dim-lit room, I can see that he was still crying. He was biting his lip furiously, perhaps trying to hold everything in. The expression on his face hurt me, but I feigned ignorance and tried to get him off me again.
 
But when I felt something wet on my cheek, I stopped exerting effort. His tears continued to fall on me, and it made me realize how much pain all of it was to him. He was really crying. Hard.
 
"I wanted to tell you this when we were still in the resthouse, but I can't bring it in myself to tell you. I didn't know what you'd think of me or yourself. But I'll say it now." He began to tell me, and my eyes widened, realizing what he was about to tell me.
 
"I love you, Selene. And it almost killed me when I found out you were gone. It confused me when you said you hate me and you left, while there were notes on top of your bed during the time we found out you had left saying you were taken. I didn't know what to believe."
 
I gasped as I heard the three words he spoke and I pushed him away once more. I tried to stand up and run away but I can't. He was too strong.
 
"I love you, Selene. And I know you love me too, I can feel it."
 
"I don't love you Hero-sshi. I hate you! Why the hell can't you understand?!" I exclaimed forcefully, and deep inside I wondered why Xiah Oppa still wasn't around. Hero Oppa looked shocked at what I said so he quickly got off me and looked at me in suprise.
 
"I can understand. But I don't want to because I love you." He said, before taking my face into his hands and making me look at him.
 
"Look at me in the eye and tell me you hate me, and I'll take it all back." He said, and my breath got caught in my throat.
 
I looked at him and tried hard to to say that I hate him. But I can't. When I see the tears he's crying, I can't say a single word. So, in the end, I sighed and withdrew from him. I really just can't say it.
 
After all.. Aish.
 
"Hero-sshi. Please stop it. It's just foolishness..." I said as I tried to move away from him, but he didn't let me. He just pulled me to him and pressed his lips to mine.
 
In that moment, I admitted to myself...
 
I love Hero Oppa.
 
= = =
 
I held a hand to my cheek and felt the tears roll down as I looked on. My chest was heaving at the situation in front of my eyes.
 
My hyung was kissing the girl I love.
 
I clutched at the fabric of my t-shirt and closed my eyes. I my upper lip and bit my lower lip in frustration. I can't just barge in.
 
I had heard Selene shout and it made me run to her room. But when I got there, this is what I see.
 
My right hand tightened into a fist at this. So, Hero hyung loves Selene, too huh? It means, I had to turn against my own hyung.
 
But for her, I'll do it. I'll do anything and turn against anyone... if it's for me to have her.
 
I quickly pulled out my phone from my pocket and tried not to show the effect of the tears in my voice.
 
"Hee Chul hyung. Call for another family meeting for me. Call Bum Soo Abeonim, Nam Gil Abeonim, Ji Soo Omonim, Ah Joong Noona, Hyung Joon and Sang Bum. I have to talk to the 7 of you tomorrow in secret. It's urgent."