Resistance

Of Betrayal, Clans, and... Love.
13. Resistance
[The Goddess Is Captured]
 
The Soundtrack: Rising Sun by DBSK
 
She can say nothing more as she continues to escape.
But the circumstances make it harder for her.
 
The plan was beginning to fail.
The enemy knows the area better than her.
So, she has to give in.
 
The Songs, they are shocked about the news.
But they hope for the best.
 
Back to the trio, she goes back to her room and rests.
But in the middle of the silence a voice awakes her.
And under the moonlight, the voice becomes a man.
 
So, even though she knows it will easily crumble.
 
She puts up a resistance.
 
= = =
"Aish."
 
The word escaped my lips as I continued to drive away from that car chasing me. Seriously, why can't the both of them leave me alone?!
 
I stepped on the gas pedal and gripped the steering wheel with both of my hands, breathing one deep breath. This is harder than what I thought.
 
I was already near the place where I was gonna change cars. Mors and Hera are now standing by in their own pretend cars waiting for me, most probably. All I had to do was drive to where they were, get out of the car, and exchange with Hera. But there was still one problem I wasn't able to fix yet.
 
I still can't lose Hero Oppa. He's been too good in tracking for him to know where I was already. I should know, he trained me in that part when I was still with them. I thought by using his own tricks against him, the student shall be better than the teacher.
 
But I was wrong. The teacher still has tricks that the student don't and won't ever know. He's better in this than what I thought.
 
I looked at my rearview mirror and almost gasped as I made out only one person inside Hero Oppa's car. And it's Hero Oppa. But... where's Xiah Oppa?
 
Suddenly, my cellphone rang and I pressed the accept button, putting the call on loudspeaker. Aish. It's Mors.
 
"Nyx, why aren't you here yet? My GPS said that you're just lagging on the part near the car-change site." His voice worriedly asked on the line and I bit my lip, nervous. If my suspicion is right, the reason why Hero Oppa is alone is because Xiah Oppa's is in his own car, and he's just waiting for the perfect ambush timing.
 
"I still can't lose Hero Oppa. He's too good. Also, I think there's another car coming. Xiah Oppa's. I think I won't be able to lag on any further. So, I'll have to entrust something to you..."
 
= = =
 
"Are you there yet, Xiah?" I heard hyung's nervous yet excited voice on the line. I smiled as well, before replying.
 
"I'm almost there, hyung. About one minute more." I said, before ending the call and throwing my phone to the side. It landed on the front seat beside mine.
 
I'm now in my own car, a red Ferrari California. Hero hyung instructed me back at the mall to go home and get my car, while he chases Selene. He's better at it, that's why I let him, though I wanted to be the one chasing her. When I got home, I quickly started my car and drove to the ambush site hyung had told me to go to.
 
Based on Selene's route, she doesn't know this area THAT well, and it's her loss. This actually is part of The Kim turf. So, yeah, I know this WAY more than her.
 
And I know that in two minutes time, she'll be ambushed by me and hyung. It will just take one minute for me to get there, and another minute to ambush her.
 
I'm getting excited. I'll finally be able to see Selene again.
 
= = =
 
"What?! You want me to give all those things you bought to the others?! Are you crazy?! You'll already be caught, Nyx!" Mors shouted on the line and I flinched at how worried his voice sounded.
 
"Yes, take all those items which have notes in them. Those who have none, I'll bring. It's for myself. Anyway, I want you to give those things to them and tell them I'm sorry. I understand what I should do and tell them to prepare everything. Most probably, the two couldn't take this car because they'll be driving their own cars going back to their home, and most probably, I'll be riding with either one of them. So, just wait until the the Kim brothers take me, okay?" I instructed Mors who just replied a soft and sad "Okay." to my instruction.
 
I ended the call and sighed deeply as I caught a glimpse of a shiny red Ferrari California in the distance. It's time to give up.
 
= = =
 
"What?!"
 
The whole council and elders exclaimed at the news brought to them by both Ji Eun and Seung Hyun. After the loud exclamation, Seung Hyun brought out a large bag and showed it to the council.
 
Seung Hyun brought out a lemon set and a face powder box, handing it over to Hye Gyo. Upon the sight of the objects, she began to frown. She first took the lemon set and read the little note Shi Rin had quickly written for her.
 
"Hye Gyo Umma, thanks for begging me to go home. I'm just at the mall right now. Anyway, here's my gift of apology." Hye Gyo said, her voice breaking. She quickly took the face powder and looked at herself in its mirror before murmuring a soft "Thank you, Shi Rin.", her tears beginning to fall.
 
Next, Ji Hyo got a Moroccan Rose set and lip balm. She was staring at the note given to her, and once she read it, her eyes began to water.
 
"I'm sure I provoked you that's why you said stuff like that. But it's fine, Unnie. I'm okay with the truth. Here, to make you stop crying."
 
Lastly, Seung Hyun turned to Ji Eun who was standing beside him. He handed over her Japanese Cherry Blossom Set and lipstick, a present, and immediately, she hugged it tightly. She didn't even bother to read the note and just cried.
 
"I don't care about what she gives. I care more about her being here." She whined, continuing to cry. Seung Hyun just hugged his cousin to comfort her from crying.
 
"Me too, Ji Eun. But I hope for the best in Nyx's venture back to the Kims. I know she won't fail in her goal to bring peace between the warring worlds." He said, and upon the word 'peace' the heads of the whole council and elders snapped to his direction. Seung Hun was the only one who spoke up.
 
"Nyx wanted peace for the both of our clans, that's why she had been resisting the attack?"
 
= = =
 
My feet dragged as I walked down the familiar pathway back to the house of the Kim Siblings. The feeling however, is different.
 
I was right. My car was left behind. Good thing I brought with me the things I bought from The Body Shop. I rode with Xiah Oppa, by the way.
 
And the car ride was silent all throughout. Xiah had angrily asked about why I was gone but I didn't answer. I really just didn't have it in me to answer just yet.
 
My heart now beginning to get heavier and heavier with every step, I sighed. I can't believe I'll be staying again with the people who killed my mom and dad. I can't believe I even trusted them.
 
Most importantly...I can't believe I fell in love with them.
 
Especially...
 
= = =
 
"Aish. Of all times to go back, why does it have to be now?"
 
This was the only thing I said as I went inside my room and changed clothes Despite being gone for days, not all my things were taken, there were still a few articles of clothing I kept under my bed. I was always prepared to go back and forth this house.
 
Looking around, it still looks the same. Especially now, that the moon had lit the room, it made the settings much more familiar, reminding me of the time I escaped. But now, the feeling's different.
 
It's gloomier.
 
I laid down on top of my bed and sighed before closing my eyes. I thought I was about to fall asleep when I heard a familiar voice. And once again, it sent shivers down my spine. His voice was too overpowering, especially now that I've been gone for days.
 
"I've been looking all over for you, Selene. I even called a family meeting for you. So tell me. Why did you leave me?"