Assault

Of Betrayal, Clans, and... Love.

 

17. Assault
[The Preparations Commence]
- The GUN chapter -
 
The Soundtrack: Bonamana by Super Junior
-If possible, listen to the MV Mix-
 
Early morning in the Kim Residence, some things arrived.
Nyx wakes up to the sound of it.
 
Oh dear, the preparations for the Song Attack begin.
 
She receives a call from Mors, the plan's in effect.
She goes back unnoticed by the siblings.
 
Oh dear, she sneaks out once again.
 
Other things arrive inside the Kim residence at nightfall.
And this time, the leader has no idea about it.
 
Oh dear, the assault begins.
 
= = =
BANG!
 
I shot up my bed in suprise as the sound registered in my ears. I SWORE I heard a gunshot!
 
I quickly sat up and got out of my bed, not minding if the sheets were disarranged.
 
BANG! 
 
I heard the sound again. Oh heck! What is happening here?!
 
I hastily went to the direction of the sound, my heart beating faster and faster. I was beginning to worry about Xiah Oppa and Hero Oppa.
 
What if there was an attack?!
 
My steps got quicker until I got to the training area. That's when reality hit me and smacked me in the face. Aigoo! The Kim Siblings are target shooting again?!
 
My right hand immediately went to my head, smacking myself for real because of my stupidity. Of course, if there was an attack, they would've called for me!
 
"Selene!"
 
I heard Xiah Oppa's voice calling out to me and I smiled at him. He walked to me with a smile as well.
 
He wrapped his arms around me and rested his head on my shoulder. I noticed he slipped his gun to his pocket before hugging me. While his head was on my shoulder, he whispered to my ear, I felt his breath on me as he spoke.
 
"This is what I love about you. You're really pretty even when you've just woken up." He whispered to me before kissing the place below my ear. My eyes widened at this behavior because he wasn't THIS brave usually. I wonder what has gotten to him ever since the day before yesterday...
 
A fake cough, which was surely from Hero Oppa, interrupted the embrace. Xiah pulled back and kissed my forehead lightly. We both turned to face Hero Oppa's angry expression. I was feeling nervous while Xiah Oppa remained calm about it.
 
"If I may ask, Xiah. Why are you hogging over Selene?" He asked in an angry tone, and it made me even more nervous. Tension was beginning to build up in the air, and I thought I should already cut the intense stares that they were giving each other. It was getting deadly already. Plus, they have their weapons with them.
 
If things gets out of hand... Aigoo.
 
"Hey, Hero Oppa. It's nothing." I said, going to Hero Oppa to calm him down. One arm went around my waist and the other arm pocketed his gun. As I got a glimpse of it, the gun looked like it was new. Whoah. I wonder... were new gun cases sent today?
 
I looked to my left, and my thoughts were confirmed. Yes. New gun cases were sent. There were four all in all, including the opened one.
 
The other three were still unopened. But it looked like one was bigger than the others. I wonder, did it contain bigger guns?
 
Anyway, I looked back at the brothers, whose stares were beginning to get intense again and cut them both off. I distracted Hero Oppa by taking his face and making it face me. He looked into my eyes, and knowing his attention is on me, I shook my head, silently saying that he shouldn't be like that. He just sighed and nodded.
 
One arm on my waist became two arms, and by the way his arms slid around me, I remembered I was still wearing my sleepdress.
 
"I'll be going back to my room now. Guys, don't kill each other, you're brothers." I told the both of them and withdrew from Hero Oppa's embrace. It kinda pained me that I had to withdraw, truthfully. But seeing that doing so made Xiah Oppa feel better, I did it. I quickly went back to my room, and as if on cue, my phone rang.
 
The phone caller ID revealed who it was. Mors.
 
"Hello? Mors?"
 
"Hey, Nyx. We need you back here for a bit. The preparation plan's on effect now. We need you to look at the weapons today."
 
= = =
 
CLICK. CLICK.
 
Two clicks revealed two guns in a gun case. These were high power guns, not to be taken lightly based on their appearance.
 
"The silver one is mine." Hero quickly climed while running his hands along the silver gun. Xiah smirked at how his hyung preferred guns with relation to the silver color even when they were still holding play guns before.
 
"Then, the black one is mine." He said, before closing the first gun case and opening the next two gun cases.
 
More clicks revealed two big guns, each with handguns. The Kim Siblings looked at it with amazed eyes. This was better than what they expected.
 
"Wow. I never thought Jong Kook Abeonim would send us guns of THIS level." Hero said, holding one gun up proudly.
 
"Yeah. It's AMAZING." Xiah seconded, holding the second gun up as well. He admired how enhanced the guns are and tried to aim it on a target he shot earlier this morning.
 
"I think Selene should get some handguns. She should need at least two of these, right?" Hero suddenly said to Xiah while getting his own handgun and showing it to Xiah. And though he was pissed off at his hyung, Xiah nodded. It WAS necessary for Selene to at least be able to have some kind of protection for herself.
 
After all, if she's gonna become the wife of the NEXT LEADER of the Kim Clan, she should AT LEAST survive this clan war.
 
= = =
 
"So, where are the weapons you wanna show me?" I asked Mors as I got inside the Song Mansion. He led me to a walk-in gun vault.
 
Mors gave me a gun case that contained two guns, a black one and a silver one. He opened it for me himself and gave me the silver gun. My eyes admired the weapon for a few moments, taking in every detail. I wanted this gun for a long time already.
 
He took the black one and held it. I looked at him with a smile as he looked pleased with how the weapon fit in his hand. He chuckled a bit before returning both weapons inside the case and closing it. From there, we continued walking along the aisle of the HUGE gun vault. I looked admiringly at the guns inside.
 
"Wow. How was Haraboji able to get THIS MUCH weapons?" I asked Mors in amazement as I touched the fully loaded weapons that can each carry about to 900 - 2000 rounds of gunpower. He just chuckled and wrapped his arms around my waist, his lips near my ear.
 
"Well, Haraboji is ONE GREAT GUY. So, he can do whatever he wants. And us being the leaders, we can do what we want, too." He whispered to me cheesily, to which he laughed more at afterwards. I just shook my head while smiling at his behavior, and let him tug me further inside the gun vault.
 
It seems like my family really IS prepared for one HUGE clan war. 
 
I couldn't stop them from fighting against the Kims, because I myself had been hurt badly by them.
 
Now, I have no choice. I have to join my family and defeat the Kim clan.
 
Aish. I don't want Hero Oppa to be involved in this.
 
= = =
 
I looked and silently opened the gun case that Hee Chul hyung had just sent me. Hearing the clicks of the locks, I held my breath, worrying if hyung awoken. He doesn't know anything about this, because these were the weapons exclusively for us fighting the other Kims. I just took one deep breath as I looked at the weapon and then closed it.
 
It's gonna be a gruesome event on the day we strike. The Kims shall fall even before the Song Attacks.