Betrayal

Of Betrayal, Clans, and... Love.

 

15. Betrayal
[Brother Turns Against Brother]
 
The Soundtrack: Lies by Big Bang
 
Out of the many Kims, not all agree with the leader.
So, they side with the next best person...
the second-in-command.
 
But as the younger fights the older, he calls for them.
He begins planning with them against his own hyung.
He asks all not to tell anyone except their most trusted men.
 
Because in the name of love for one enemy.
The Kim clan shall be split into two.
 
The downfall began the moment he saw him with her.
Kim turns against Kim.
 
This is the beginning of the Kim's near destruction.
And it all started from Xiah's betrayal.
 
= = =
"Alright."
 
I said as I ended the call. Hee Chul hyung had called me and said that the Kims I had requested to come to the Hyatt Hotel were already here. Well, it's time for betrayal.
 
I parked my car in the parking lot and got out. I sighed as I close the door. There was a part of me saying that this was wrong. But another part of me kept telling me to continue. The ahjusshis and ahjummahs had already been called to this secret family meeting.
 
I began walking back to the carpark exit and entered through the real entrance of the hotel I have to look like I just entered. The Kims usually look out for people who don't come in a hotel through the main gate. So, here I was, walking inside the hotel the normal way.
 
Upon arriving inside the hotel I quickly went to the elevator area and waited. When I got inside, I went to the 5th floor. That's the floor for the conference rooms.
 
I walked down the hallway looking for the conference room where I was supposed to meet the other Kims. I looked at my watch and sighed in frustration. I'm late.
 
I walked quicker until I got to an oak door. Alright then. This is it. I huffed a deep breath before opening the door.
 
Thhe door revealed a meeting room for 8 people, and every seat except one had been filled in already. Hee Chul hyung had done a good job of gathering my aunts, uncles, and cousins.
 
"I'm sorry if I'm late. I still had some preparations to do with the other Kim meeting tomorrow." I told them the reason and sat on the one seat unoccupied. Everybody looked at me as I took my seat.
 
"Well, Hee Chul had called us saying that we are required to come here because you wanted to talk to us." Kim Ji Soo, my mom's closest cousin and a member of the Kim Clan's Council, said as an introduction to me, and I smiled at her before replying.
 
"That is true. I DO have something to talk to you about." I told her, and the expressions of all that are present suddenly became confused.
 
"Then, can you tell me why we were sent here?" Kim Nam Gil, my mother's younger brother and another one of the members in the Clan council asked me. I just smirked.
 
"Well, if I DO remember correctly, when mom died, there was still a short period of time wherein there was debate on whether me or Hero hyung would succeed." I began saying, and smiled as I remembered that time.
 
"So? What does it have anything to do with us?" Kim Hyung Joon, my cousin, and my mom's favorite nephew, asked me. I looked at him and answered his question.
 
"If I also DO remember correctly, you guys had wanted me to succeed instead of my brother. You were the ones who pledged loyalty to me, as I am closer to my mom than to my dad. I had become second-in-command only because mom left it in her last will. So, I called you here to ask for help. The order of power HAS to be changed." I said, purposely making the explanation wordy and hard to understand. I thought no one would understand this.
 
But it looks like my closest cousin next to Hee Chul hyung, Kim Sang Bum, got my explanation as he suddenly perked up in surprise and ask me a question that made me smile.
 
"Wait. Are you trying to say that you are going to go against Hero as a leader now?"
 
I nodded with a wider smile, to the delight of all present, before replying one wordedly.
 
"Exactly."
 
= = =
 
"So, tomorrow would be the official family meeting between all the Kim Clan Leaders and high-ranked Kims. I need you to keep the plan decided in this meeting secret. You can only say the plan to the most trusted men you'll bring with you the moment we attack the other Kims." I said my final instructions to the people who were with me in the meeting. They all nodded as agreement and stood up for my formal dismissal of the meeting.
 
"I never thought you'll realize that you can break off from your brother. Very good." Kim Bum Soo, another brother of my mom and another part of the Kim Council, said while patting my shoulder.
 
"No matter what plan you choose to take, always know that your noona will support you." Kim Ah Joong, my older cousin, said and kissed my cheek. If I remember correctly, she also had a crush on me when I was younger. She told me before that if we follow the cousin-to-cousin marriage rule, I might've been married to her.
 
"Well, as of now, this meeting is closed. We all shall see each other tomorrow and on Monday next week for the preparations of the attack."
 
= = =
 
"Hey, Hee Chul hyung, thanks for doing all that I asked you too. I know you shouldn't have been doing that because you're my hyung. But you still did it." I told Hee Chul hyung, while we were walking to the parking lot.
 
"It's fine, Xiah. I know for sure that my efforts weren't in vain. Good luck with Selene, Xiah." He said, and my eyes widened at the realization that Hee Chul hyung knew the reason why I was planning to go against Hero hyung.
 
"Wait. How did you know that I'm going against hyung because of Selene?" I asked him as he rode in his red Porsche Boxster S. He just chuckled.
 
"It's because I've heard the softness in your voice everytime you talk about her. I should know. I've been in love before, too." He said, before driving off, leaving me in the parking lot.
 
I know this isn't gonna be pretty. I know this is gonna be really bloody. But if I could get Selene in the end, no matter what means I use...
 
I'll do it.
 
Even if brother fights brother, and dongsaeng fights hyung, I'll do it.
 
Just as long as Selene becomes mine.
 
= = =
 
I'm really sorry if i haven't updated for, like, 2 days. School has been killing me slowly. 
So as compensation, I will update two chapters today.
=]