A Happy Day Turned to Tragedy

The Faithful Friends

“~~ eonni!” Jieun called you as soon as you entered the school. You flashed a smile at her. She ran towards you. “Eonni, I’ve heard about your parents. Are you still sad?” she asked. Her voice was full of concern.

You couldn’t help but smile at her. “A little, but I’m getting better because of my friends,” you told her. She gave you a hug. “Anyway, who told you about it?” you suddenly asked. She looked at you sheepishly.

“Sungjongie,” she said. You smirked.

“Aahh… Do you have any feelings towards him?”

“Aniyo, it’s not like that!” Her face slowly turned red. You patted her back.

“Geokjeongma, I’ll keep it a secret,” you teased and left her. She chased after you.

“Eonni, does he date anyone?” she asked in a slow voice.

“Sungjongie? Ani, not that I’m aware of. Infinite doesn’t date anyone,” you answered. She nodded.

“Do you think he’ll like me?”

You paused for a while. “I don’t know. He had never showed any interest towards girls before.” Jieun gasped.

“Does that mean he’s gay?” she asked out loud. The students around you stared at her. She covered her face with her book. You chuckled.

“He’s not gay. It’s just that no one actually got his attention,” you explained. She let out a sigh of relief.

“That is a HUGE relief.” She emphasized the word ‘huge’. You laughed your lungs out. “Eonni, wae geurae? Why are you laughing?” Jieun asked, a bit annoyed. You tried to stop, but the laughter kept coming back to you. Jieun pouted. Just then, Infinite arrived.

“Yah, ~~-ah, wae geurae? You look like a maniac,” said Sunggyu. You still didn’t stop.

“Jieun-ah, what’s wrong with your sister?” Sungyeol asked. Jieun shrugged.

“Stop laughing and let’s go to class now,” said Woohyun. He and Hoya pulled you by your arms and dragged you into the class.

“Jieun-ah, let’s go,” said Sungjong. He held her hands and pulled her with him. Jieun’s face became red.

In your class, you’re still giggling. Woohyun, Sungyeol and Hoya sat around you and looked at you.

“Are you okay?” Hoya asked.

“Uh-huh,” you answered.

“Then, why are you laughing like crazy?” Sungyeol asked. You told them about your conversation with Jieun. When you said that Jieun thought Sungjong was gay, all three of them exploded with laughter. You also laughed with them.

“I wonder how Sungjong’s reaction will be when he heard this,” Sungyeol giggled.

“Aigoo, our maknae. I’m sorry I can’t protect you,” Woohyun said.

After the school ends, you went home alone because Infinite had a meeting with the dancing club. You were only a few metres away from your house when a black van stopped next to you and dragged you into the van.