An Unexpected Day

The Faithful Friends

It’s been two days since Minji and her friends assaulted you. They kept doing the same thing whenever you’re not with your oppas. On the third day, Minji punched your face when you’re on your way home. You’re afraid that Infinite would be at your house and saw bleeding face, so you decided to treat your injury outside. You went to a pharmacy before heading to a lake near your house. You were busy treating your wounds when a man’s voice spoke to you.

“Is that you, ~~?” You looked around you.

“Dongjoon sshi, what are you doing here?” you asked. You tried to cover your injury.

“You don’t really have to do that. I’ve seen your face,” said Dongjoon. He sat next to you and helped to clean your wounds. “So, what exactly had happened?” he asked.

“I..I fell over..and hit something,” you lied. Dongjoon laughed.

“You wanna know something? This doesn’t look like a wound caused by hitting something. So, who punched you?” he said. You sighed.

“Just someone who’s not really friendly,” you finally said. He finished treating your injury. “Kamsahamnida.”

“You’re welcomed. You don’t look happy. Do you want me to take you somewhere?” Dongjoon asked.

“It’s okay. I don’t want to trouble you,” you rejected his offer.

“What’s wrong? Are you scared going out with a gangster?” he asked again.

“No, it’s not that. It’s just-,” before you could finish your sentence, he dragged you towards the road and stopped a cab.

“Ajusshi, can you take us to the amusement park?”

*

After a few minutes, they arrived at the amusement park.

“So, what do you want to ride first?” asked Dongjoon.

“Dongjoon sshi, you really don’t have to do this. My oppas will be mad at me if they knew I used your money,” you said desperately. He laughed.

“You don’t have to worry about them. It was me who wants to treat you. And you don’t have to be so formal. Just call me Dongjoon oppa. That sounds better,” said Dongjoon.

“Arasseoyo, Dongjoon oppa,” you finally said. He smiled. Both of you went on every rides in the park. You were having too much fun with Dongjoon to realize that your handphone was vibrating in your backpack.

Dongjoon sent you to your house. He looked around the place.

“What’s wrong?” you asked.

“It’s not safe for you to stay alone at this place,” he replied. You smiled.

“Don’t worry, oppa. My oppas always come and visit me,” you said.

“Why do you live alone? Don’t you have any family members?” he asked. His question surprised you.

“You didn’t know? I thought Infinite oppas already told you,” you said. Dongjoon looked puzzled.

“Told me what?” You sighed.

“It’s late. We’ll meet again and I’ll tell you about it,” you told him. then, he smiled. “What?”

“Are you trying to find a reason for us to meet again?” he asked. Your eyes became round.

“Aniyo, that’s not what I’m trying to do,” you started to talk rapidly, but Dongjoon silenced you by putting his finger on your mouth.

“Arasseo, I got it. See you again. Good night and sweet dreams,” he said before leaving you and went home himself. You blinked your eyes a few times before you went inside. You smiled when you thought about what happened that day.

Just after you finished taking your shower, someone knocked on your door and called your name. when you opened the door, you saw Hoya panting for breath at your doorstep.

“Oppa, wae geurae?” you asked.

“~~-ah, where have you been? I tried to call, but you didn’t answer.”

“I went out for a while. Wae? Did something happen?”

“L and Sungjong were found unconscious this evening at the alley. They’re at the hospital now,” Hoya told you. You fell on your knees. “~~-ah!” Hoya held you.