The Truth is Out

The Faithful Friends

“She tried to commit suicide because she thought we got hurt because of her,” Sungyeol told L. L spitted out his food.

“You did what? are you out of your mind? Why did you have to do that?” L asked angrily. You lowered your head and stared at your feet. You heard L sighed. “~~-ah, come here,” he called you with a softer voice. You walked towards him, but didn’t dare to look at him. when you were close to him, he pulled you in his arms and hugged you tightly. You were so shocked when L cried.

“Oppa,” you called him. he didn’t let you go.

“You baboya. Do you think you can solve this problem by killing yourself?” he asked. Your tears fell against your own will. “We’ll try to solve this together. Don’t ever do that kind of thing again, arasseo?” he asked.

“Arasseo, oppa. Mianhae, cheongmal mianhae,” you answered. Even Sungyeol couldn’t control his tears. At that moment, Sunggyu and Woohyun came in with Dongjoon. They stopped talking when the sense the tense atmosphere.

“Urm..what happen here?” asked Woohyun. L released you and wiped his tears.

“I just told L about what happen yesterday,” Sungyeol answered. Dongjoon looked at you with a troubled expression in his face, but you’re too distracted to notice him.

“The past is the past. There’s no use on thinking about the past. Let’s just move on and face the upcoming obstacles,” said Sunggyu to lighten up the mood.

“~~-ah, there’s exactly one thing that I want to ask you,” said Woohyun. You looked at him. “Do you really have no idea who’s behind all this?” he asked. You swallowed your saliva a little too obvious.

“You do know who is it, don’t you?” It was Sungyeol who asked this time.

“Actually, I do know who’s behind all this, but I didn’t have the courage to tell you,” you finally told them the truth.

“Let me guess. Hmmm…. It’s Minji, right?” asked L.

“How did you know?” you asked.

“Do you remember when she attacked you on your way home a few days ago? We kinda know it at that time,” said Sungyeol.

“Did she threaten you?” asked Dongjoon.

“Actually, she did. She told me that I must leave you if I don’t want any of you to get hurt, but at that time, Sunggyu oppa and Dongwoo oppa were already attacked. She told me herself that it was her doing,” you told them the whole story.

“Then you told them that we’ll only get hurt if you left us, right?” asked Hoya who had just entered the room. You almost fell off from L’s bed because of the shock. Luckily Dongjoon was standing next to you. He caught you before you fell.

“Ye…yes.. I did told them that,” you answered. L grabbed your hand.

“I remember that! ~~-ah, saranghae,” he said, then hugged you from the second time. Dongjoon looked away to avoid the jealousy from growing. Suddenly, L pushed you away from him And for the second time, Dongjoon saved you. “Then, why did you tried to commit suicide?” he asked angrily.

“Woah.. chill out, dude,” said Sungyeol.

“I wasn’t thinking straight yesterday. I was too shocked to see you unconscious like that,” you defended yourself. L crossed his arms and looked away.

“There he goes again,” said Dongjoon.

“Goes what?” you asked.

“He did that once when all of us pretended to forget his birthday a few years ago,” Dongjoong told you. You laughed hysterically when you heard that.

“Why are you laughing?” asked L, puzzled by the situation.

“I…didn’t know …a gangster like you…has that kind of attitude,” you tried to say in between your laugh. When they heard your answer, everyone in the room laugh, except for L. he continued to pout and looked away from you.