My Parents Are Leaving...

The Faithful Friends

 

“~~-ah, we have something to tell you,” your father said.

“What is it, appa?” you asked.

“Your mother and I are moving to Japan. We wanted to ask you to come along, but since you already have someone here, we think it’s better if you stay.”

“Ne? Japan? Geundae, wae?” you asked. Your expression darkened.

“Business purposes. We’ll be back after a few years. You can come with us after you’ve graduated if you want to,” your mother said. Dongjoon notices your sadness.

“~~-ah, you can go if you want to,” he told you. He’ll be sad if you go, but if that made you happy, he won’t mind. You didn’t say anything. Your mother your hair.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to. We just want you to be happy. If staying here makes you happy, then, you can stay,” she said.

“But, eomonim-“ Dongjoon wanted to state a reason, but he didn’t know what to say.

“Kwaenchana, Dongjoon-ah. We want her to be happy, and her happiness is Infinite, and now you. Just take care of her, that’s all that we need,” your father said.

“Abeonim,” Dongjoon said.

“Appa,” you ran towards your father and hugged him. Your mother wiped her tears.

“Promise me one thing. Don’t get hurt again. That’s all that I want,” your father said to you. You nodded in his chest.

*

You, Infinite and Dongjoon had just come home from the airport. You hadn’t said anything after your parents left.

“~~-ah, go and wait in your room. We’ll cook something for you,” said Woohyun. You obeyed. Dongjoon followed you. Both of you sat on your bed. He grasped your hand.

“Don’t be so sad. You can join them after you’ve graduated high school,” he said.

“I know I shouldn’t be sad, but I can’t help it. I’ve never been away from my parents for a long time,” you told him. He caressed your cheek.

“You’re lucky that you at least have your parents. I’ve never known mine.” You looked at him. He lay down on his back, and pulled you next to him.

“Can you tell me more about yourself?” you asked.

“I was dumped at an orphanage soon after I was born. I left the orphanage at 14. That’s when ZE:A found me. They trained me and let me join the group. I knew what we did was wrong, but we needed money. We have no other choices. I also met new friends, which had made my life better. That’s including Infinite,” Dongjoon told you everything. He put his arm under you neck and pulled you close to him. “I promise, after we’ve settled this, I’ll quit from the gang and live with you,” he said. You hugged his waist.

“Komawo, Dongjoon oppa,” you thanked him. *Thank you, God, for giving him to me*