Family Dinners

Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pulling into her apartment's car park, Ji Hyo parked her car. It had been a long day filled with meetings and she couldn't wait to get home and take a nice hot shower. Whipping out her mobile, she sent a text to Kwang Soo.

 

Ji Hyo: Kwang Soo-dear, I've spoken to Chang Joo oppa.

 

Hitting the send button, Ji Hyo sent the message across. She didn't have to wait long for his reply.

 

Kwang Soo: Hi darling. Are you ok? Is every ok? He didn't fire you, did he?

 

Ji Hyo smiled, touched by his concern. Walking to the lift lobby, she called for the lift. While waiting, she composed her reply and sent it to him.

 

Ji Hyo: Everything is ok. I will tell you more when I see you. When will I see you?

 

She waited, but there was no reply. She thought it was weird because Kwang Soo's replies were usually instantaneous. She smirked as she thought of a possible reason.


Hah! That boy must be stressing out about where he should bring me when he next sees me so he doesn't know how to reply.

 

Feeling a tap on her shoulder, she spun round and came face to face with Kwang Soo who waved awkwardly at her. “What are you doing here?” She asked affectionately, smiling happily at him.

 

“Oh, I.. I was just in the neighbourhood.” He answered, stammering as his eyes shifted about and he refused to look at her.

 

Ji Hyo raised an eyebrow and waited, she knew he was lying. Kwang Soo sighed, “Ok, ok... By neighbourhood I meant I took a train, followed by a bus and walked to get here. Then, I sat on the bench waiting for the past half hour.” He confessed. “I was worried. You hadn't contacted me the whole day. I thought something had happened. After I got your text, I was getting ready to leave when I saw you.” He added, scratching his head.

 

Ji Hyo smiled tenderly at him. Pulling him down, she placed a quick kiss on his nose. “Thanks, Kwang Soo-dear for coming all the way.” She murmured.

 

He returned her smile. “I guess I'll get going now.” He said.

 

Ji Hyo frowned. “Oh? Do you have something on?” She asked, watching as Kwang Soo shook his head and smiled at him. “Then come up for a bit. Let me cook you dinner. It's just going to be something simple. So don't get your hopes up.” She warned. 

 

“Erm, darling... After eating what you've cooked, will I be able to wake up tomorrow?” Kwang Soo asked as they got into the lift. At Ji Hyo's glare, he quickly shut his mouth.

 

 

Ji Hyo cut the meat up into bite sized chunks for the stew she was making. Glancing over, she watched Kwang Soo as he washed the vegetables and cut them up. Together, they placed the ingredients into a pot and the heat. “Darling, why don't you go take a shower first? You've been out the whole day. I'll prepare the rice.” He offered. Ji Hyo smiled and agreed. He watched fondly as she walked off.

 

Searching her kitchen, he found where she kept the rice. Measuring out portions for two, he washed the rice before putting it into the rice cooker and starting it. Raiding her fridge, he found some lemons and remembered reading somewhere, that lemons could revitalize the senses and could help in making one feel less fatigued. Taking the lemons out, he decided he would make some lemonade for Ji Hyo to freshen her up. She seemed to come down with the flu quite often, and the vitamin c found in the lemons would help boost her immune system.

 

Kwang Soo had just finished setting up the dining table when he heard the door to Ji Hyo's bedroom creak open. The actress emerged slowly, wearing an oversized light blue button-down shirt with baggy pants. She looked absolutely adorable, like a little girl wearing her father's clothes. He smiled at her. “Darling, I've set the table and dinner is ready! Come! Let's eat!” He announced.

 

Gallantly, he pulled out a chair for her. Ji Hyo blushed from his uncharacteristically courteous move but took a seat, giving him a soft peck on the cheeks before he moved away. She watched amused as his cheeks flushed and he stumbled on the way back to his seat. This was the true Kwang Soo she knew and loved: Bumbly and awkward.

 

Ji Hyo smiled at him as she took a spoonful of rice. “Kwang Soo-dear.. The rice is good.. Cooked perfectly, not undercooked nor too mushy.” She complimented. “Oh, you even made lemonade!” She exclaimed, picking up the glass by her side.

 

He smiled at her. “Thank you. I'm glad you like it. Eat up! Yeah, I made it because lemons help to ease tiredness and contains high levels of vitamin c. You're always getting the flu. It'll help.”

 

Touched by how considerate he was, she got up and gave him a hug. Looking down, she noticed he had a cut on his finger. “Kwang Soo-dear, did you cut yourself earlier?” She asked.

 

“Yeah, my hand slipped while I was cutting the lemons.” He answered, smiling sheepishly.

 

“Here, let me kiss away your pain. I promised I would.” Ji Hyo cooed and took his hand. Bending, she kissed his finger lightly causing his face to turn bright red.

 

From this angle, Kwang Soo noticed that Ji Hyo's top was not buttoned up properly and it left little to the imagination. He quickly averted his eyes trying to respect her. He gulped, unsure whether or not to bring it to her attention. Ji Hyo took her seat next to him, but noticed that he continued to be red in the face. She looked over at him, her eyebrows raised quizzically. Kwang Soo swallowed nervously before gesturing to his chest. Looking down, Ji Hyo saw that she hadn't buttoned the top of her shirt. Turning away from him, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter