Observations

Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ring.......

 

Ji Hyo groaned, reaching over she grabbed her phone and turned off the alarm. She opened her eyes, slowly adjusting to the morning sunlight coming through the window. Groggily she made her way to the toilet to freshen up. As she was brushing her teeth, her thoughts drifted back to the memory of last night's “confession” and she felt her cheeks redden.

 

She knew that Kwang Soo hadn't meant for her to hear the ending. That he only said it because he thought she was asleep. The problem was, now that she had heard him, she didn't know where to go from there. They were due to hike up Mount Seorak later today, and she wasn't sure how to react when she saw him. After he had left her room last night, her heart was racing and she had butterflies in her stomach. A part of her wanted to run after him. But what good would that do? What would it achieve? She had no answers. So she had stayed in bed, willing her heart to calm down and to get some sleep.


Ya, Cheon Seong-im! Be logical! What good would that have done you to go chasing after him? Were you hoping to ride off into the sunset? You're only feeling this way because he has been sweet, kind and considerate to you! But it's only because he likes you! All guys would treat someone they like this way! They have a reason for being nice! But then, Kwang Soo is nice to everyone. He does things without expecting anything in return. He is different!

 

Feeling guilty for her stray thoughts – romantic thoughts no less, of another man. Ji Hyo took out her phone and sent a message to Chang Joo.

 

Ji Hyo: Oppa, I miss you too. Have a safe trip and come back soon! I love you.

 

She stared at the chat, waiting for his reply. But none came. Even when there was a notification that her message had been read. Disappointment filled her, she knew there wasn't a need for him to respond to her message. But she had hoped he would, if nothing else, it would reassure her.

 

Ji Hyo heard a knock at her door and knew that it must be Kwang Soo behind it. Steeling herself, she put on a big smile and opened the door. “Morning, Ji Hyo noona! Ready for our hike?!” He greeted, grinning and waving a cup of hot coffee under her nose. His enthusiasm was infectious and Ji Hyo soon found herself forgetting about the morning's problems and thoroughly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter