His mother, her boss

Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwang Soo helped Ji Hyo put the bicycles back. Sensing that the actress had something on her mind, he took his time to put on his shoes. He was almost done when heard her soft voice.

 

“Kwang Soo-dear. I'm going to tell Chang Joo oppa about us. Are you going to be ok with that?” She asked. 

 

Looking up at her, he smiled. “I will support you in whatever you decide. I just want you to be happy. Will Mr Baek be ok about it? He wouldn't make things difficult for you, right? You are still signed under his company after all.” He reminded gently.

 

She his hair, smiling at the concern he had for her welfare. “He won't. The time-out was a mutual agreement. I think he felt the same about our relationship as I did. Don't worry, dear. It'll be ok.” She assured. Bending, she kissed him on the head before pulling him to his feet and walking him to the door. “You'd better go. It's late and you have a long cab ride home. Thank you for today. The weather may have acted up... But to me, it was the perfect first date.” She said.

 

Lightly, she pushed Kwang Soo out the door, surprising him. “Darling, are you that eager to get rid of me so as to get your beauty sleep? Well, can't say I blame you... You need it!” He remarked, cheekily. Sticking his tongue out at her, he ran for the lift lobby, running as fast as his legs could carry him. He could hear Ji Hyo shouting after him.

 

“YA! LEE KWANG SOO! What did you say?!”

 

Kwang Soo reached the lift lobby safely, as he called for the lift he turned back to see Ji Hyo at the door, an evil grin on her face. Slowly, she advanced towards him and he started to panic. It was obvious that he hadn't thought this through. Frantically, he pressed the button in quick succession, hoping against hope that the lift would arrive before she reached him.

 

Given his luck, it didn't and the actress stood before him. “Kwang Soo-dear... Do you want to die?!” She smiled sweetly, but her voice contained a hint of malice.

 

He gulped nervously and she reached up and pulled on his hair, only letting go once the lift arrived. “Ya! Make sure you think twice before you speak in future!” She lectured. Smiling, she pulled his face down and kissed him gently on the lips. “Something to help you get by till I next see you. Love you dear.”

 

With that, Kwang Soo entered the lift, an idiotic grin plastered on his face. Life was good.

 

 

Kwang Soo opened the door to his apartment quietly, careful not to wake his mother in case she was already asleep. But as he entered, he heard his mother's familiar voice calling out to him. “Oh, Kwang Soo-ah, you're home. How was your date?” She asked.

 

“It was good.” He answered, smiling at his mother.

 

Mrs Lee looked up hopefully at her son. “That's good to hear. And how is Yu Ri-ssi?” She enquired, referring to the shop owner's daughter that Kwang Soo had brought out last week. She was under the impression that they were on their second date today and was hopeful that her son had finally met a good girl.

 

Kwang Soo mentally slapped himself. Since he had gotten home late last night, he hadn't had the chance to tell his mother that he was now seeing Ji Hyo. Taking a seat on the couch next to his mother and held her hands. “Erm mom... What I'm about to say may shock you and you may not approve of it. But please, let me finish before saying anything.” He instructed.

 

He then took a deep breath, collecting his thoughts. The older woman smiled gently at her son, waiting for him to speak. “Mom... You know I have always had a crush on Ji Hyo noona.” He said, watching as she nodded. “Well, noona and I are sorta together now... It happened while we were filming in Jeju.” He related. Grinning, he proceeded to relate the events of what transpired in Jeju. Starting with his 'confession' from when they went hiking, to Ji Hyo's time-out with her boyfriend, his reluctance of being with her and how she wants to fight for their relationship. At this, his eyes glazed over with a dreamy far away look and he smiled wistfully. He finally ended with telling his mother about what went on today during their date, leaving out certain.... Juicer bits.

 

After he finished, he glanced away. Afraid to find disapproval on the face of the other woman he loved. Mrs Lee gently took her son's face and turned it to face her. “My dear boy... The past fifteen minutes of your rambling was the happiest I have ever seen you. You are truly in love with her and I am so happy for you.” She gushed, patting Kwang Soo's lap. “I am your mother. I have loved you since I first laid eyes on you on the day you were born. All I want, is to see my son happy with the person he loves. I know you have many hurdles to face together. Especially since the two of you are in the public eye.” She stressed.

 

“I will not be part of that hurdle if that is what you are worried about. From what you have told me about Ji Hyo, she seems like a very brave lady who is willing to fight for my son. That is what I want in my daughter in law. You have my blessings my child.” She asserted, smiling kindly to her son.

 

Touched, Kwang Soo pulled his mother close to him and rested his head on her shoulder. “Mom, I love you.” He choked, tears swimming in his eyes.

 

Mrs Lee pulled back to look at her son, patting his head af

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter