Announcements and Families

Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwang Soo turned to his door. He heard his hyungs knocking on the door, but he couldn't find the strength in him to get up and open it. So he just sat there, like a dog who had been abandoned by its owner.

 

 

“Hyung... He isn't opening the door. Oei, you don't think he did something stupid. Would he?” Haha asked, staring worriedly at Jong Kook.

 

The muscular singer glanced uneasily at the door. Finally, he keyed in Kwang Soo's passcode. Both Gary and Haha stared at Jong Kook, surprised. “I have his number memorised as I've sent him home drunk many times before.” He explained. 

 

When they entered, Kwang Soo's apartment was shrouded in darkness. Squinting, they finally spotted the younger man slumped in a corner. His back resting against the wall as he hugged his knees, hiding his face. Jong Kook went up to him. “Ya, Kwang Soo-ah... What happened? Hyung saw the announcement.”

 

 

Jong Kook was just finishing up his work-out at the gym. He was taking a water break when Ji Hyo appeared on the television, catching his eye. It wasn't so much the sight of the Running Man Ace, but the headline that caught his attention.

 

CEO of C-jes Entertainment, Baek Chang Joo and Actress, Song Ji Hyo to tie the knot!

 

The camera panned to Ji Hyo as she answered a question that a reporter posed.

 

Reporter: Song Ji Hyo-ssi. Is it true that the wedding will be held in two weeks? Isn't it a bit rushed?

Ji Hyo: Yes, it is true. We will be holding the wedding in two weeks time.

Chang Joo: This has been on the cards for a while now. It's just that we only decided to make the announcement today.

Reporter: What about your activities on Running Man? Will you be quitting the show?

Ji Hyo: No. I will not be leaving... But I will take a short leave of absence to see to the details of the wedding and probably for a short honeymoon. I'm currently discussing details with the PDs.

 

Jong Kook tuned out the rest of the interview.

 

What is going on? Haven't Ji Hyo and her CEO already called it off? Kwang Soo is seeing her now, isn't he? Something isn't adding up.

 

He dug through his bag for his phone, pulling it out, he dialled Kwang Soo's number, but there was no answer. Just then his phone rang, checking the caller ID, he saw that it was Haha.

 

Haha: Hyung. Did you see what was on TV?

Jong Kook: Yeah.

Haha: I'm with Gary hyung now. What is going on? Isn't Mong Ji and the giraffe seeing each other?

Jong Kook: As far as I know... Yes

Haha: Then why is Mong Ji suddenly marrying her CEO? This doesn't make any sense.

Jong Kook: That's what I'm trying to find out. Kwang Soo isn't answering his phone and I'm worried. I will meet you at Kwang Soo's place.

Haha: Ok. See you there.

 

 

Kneeling next to Kwang Soo, Jong Kook waited for him to speak. When Kwang Soo finally turned to face Jong Kook, tears were running down his face. “Jong Kook hyung... She's marrying him...” He sobbed brokenly.

 

Seeing the pain on his dongsaeng's face, short-tempered Haha was unable to contain himself. “Ya! I can't believe that Song Ji Hyo! Is she marrying him for money? To further her career?!” He accused. “What a two face-” He stopped in his tirade as Gary grabbed hold of him. Quietly shaking his head, the rapper put a finger to his lip. When Haha looked at Kwang Soo, he could see that his outburst had only caused the tall man more grief. “Ya, Kwang Soo-ah... I'm sorry. I just couldn't understand why Mong Ji would do such a thing.” He explained.

 

The three men looked at each other. They were at a loss. The maknae was always the cheerful one, the one that could never stop talking. But now, he sat quietly, sad and broken.

 

They were still trying to make sense of what was happening when there came a knock on the door. The trio looked at each other, they weren't expecting anyone else. Casting a glance at a listless Kwang Soo, Jong Kook directed Gary to open the door with a tip of his head. He didn't want Haha, who had a short fuse, and who tended to shoot his mouth off before thinking, to answer the door. He was worr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter