Home

Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Following Ji Hyo's directions, Kwang Soo pulled up at a restaurant in Ilsan. They had just driven back into Seoul and were now having dinner near her apartment. It seemed that the actress frequented this restaurant as the owner had immediately asked if she was having the usual.

 

Ji Hyo's face fell slightly at the owner's question. Seeing this, something told Kwang Soo that she would like something different. He quickly ordered a bottle of soju for her and asked if they could have some time to look through the menu. He then, very slyly, asked her what was good here and when she answered, made a mental note to order something different.

 

Grateful that he had order something for her to drink, Ji Hyo smiled. “Kwang Soo-ah, you're driving back, you shouldn't be drinking.” She lectured.

 

“I know noona. But the drink is for you. I know what an alcoholic you are!” He teased, winking cheekily at her.

 

“Ya! I'm not as alcoholic as you make me out to be! Besides, I'm on a break now, so I should enjoy myself! And you ordered the drink, not me!” Ji Hyo retorted.

 

Kwang Soo smirked. “Yes I did order it, but tell me you aren't happy that I ordered the soju.” He drawled.

 

“Ok, you got me there. I'm glad you did. I think we deserve a little celebration after today! My legs are killing me!” Ji Hyo groaned as she massaged her thighs.

 

Kwang Soo laughed, “Yeah! That's right! We can all admire your thunder thighs again soon!”

 

Ji Hyo reached over, seemingly to give him a high five. He leaned across the table, ready to give her one when he felt a searing pain on his scalp. “DID YOU THINK I'D LET YOU GET AWAY FOR SAYING I HAVE THICK THIGHS?” She exploded, pulling at his hair.

 

“I'm sorry, noona! Please let go! I don't have much hair left! Did I say you have thunder thighs?! What I meant was, they are y thighs! Yes, very y!” He yelped, but Ji Hyo only tightened her grip and pulled harder on his hair.

 

“LEE KWANG SOO! Have you been ogling my thighs?!” She asked softly, malice creeping into her voice.

 

“Did I say y??! By y I mean cute!” He squeaked, his voice a whole octave higher than usual.

 

Kwang Soo was finally saved when the owner came over with the bottle of soju and to take their orders. The older lady enquired after Chang Joo, and Ji Hyo explained that he was out of the country on business. She gushed over the watch that he had given to Ji Hyo, making her blush. “Ji Hyo-ah! The watch is so pretty! You are so lucky! I hope he asks for your hand in marriage soon. You two have dated long enough.” She remarked.

 

“Unnie, the company only just started expanding and gaining wider recognition. Which is why he is so busy these days. I don't think marriage is in the cards just yet.” Ji Hyo answered.

 

The older lady wriggled her eyebrows, “You know what you should do? You should get pregnant so he'll have to marry you!” She suggested, winking at Ji Hyo.

 

At this, Kwang Soo, who had been listening quietly, choked on the tea he was sipping, while Ji Hyo downed a shot of soju. “Unnie! How can you suggest something as absurd as this?!” She sputtered, flushed with embarrassment.

 

The older lady only laughed as she slapped a choking Kwang Soo on the back. As his coughs abated, they ordered their food. Kwang Soo made it a point to avoid ordering the beef stew that Ji Hyo usually had. Instead, using the pretext that since they were drinking soju, barbequed meat would pair well with it. So he asked if she would be agreeable to share a beef barbeque set for two. At the suggestion, a huge smile broke on Ji Hyo's face. Nodding her head, she readily agreed.  

 

As the owner walked away with their orders, Kwang Soo poured himself a glass of soju and downed it quickly, slightly bothered by how he was feeling. It seemed like his noona came here often with her boyfriend. The conversation she just had with the owner only reinforced this and it made Kwang Soo feel like he was intruding on their space. He was like an outsider in “their” world. He felt a twinge of sadness, knowing that even a shop owner was pushing his noona to marry Mr Baek. That eventually, sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter