Tokyo drift

Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After booking an afternoon flight out of Seoul, Ji Hyo ran around her room, throwing a couple of tees and jeans on her bed. She then grabbed a small suitcase from her cupboard and started filling it with the articles of clothing on her bed. She was a simple girl at heart and hated dressing up. There were times she found it ironic that her occupation pretty much required her to be dressed up and beautiful. Still, she avoided it when possible.

 

With her packing completed, she threw herself onto her bed and wrapped the covers around her body. Breathing in, she found that the covers smelt like Chang Joo; a faint mixture of mint and cigarettes and she wrinkled her nose in disgust. Although he avoided smoking whenever she was around, the odour still lingered on him.

 

Despite how often the Running Man members about her supposed smoking habits, and her subsequent quitting of it. She had never smoked and hated the smell. She blushed as she recalled the other night, and the reason why her covers and bed linen came to smell like him. She made a mental note to throw them into the wash the first thing in the morning.

 

As Ji Hyo lay in bed, the events of the evening weighed on her mind. How, as she stood by her door watching Kwang Soo leave, she was taken over by a sudden and profound urge to tell him that she knew about his feelings for her. She had ran after him, catching up to him at the lift lobby. Then, putting her hand on his shoulder, she turned him around to face her. She saw the questioning look on his face, his eyes gentle and patient, filled with love. Love for her. And an overwhelming urge to reach up and kiss him took her, making her struggle with her words. In the end though, she couldn't find it in herself to tell him and chose instead, to wish him all the best on his date before running back into her apartment.

 

Closing the door, she slid to the ground once she was in the safety of her home. Although she hadn't done anything, she still felt terrible. She felt cheap. Like entertaining the notion of kissing Kwang Soo was akin to cheating. Truth be told, she had always been fond of the giraffe. His kind, considerate nature drew her to him. He was easy to talk to because he was non-judgemental, and she felt safe sharing her worries with him. Worries she failed to share with Chang Joo.

 

From the beginning, she had been aware that the younger man had nursed a slight crush on her. It was evident in the fleeting glances he would cast in her direction whenever she was on set. How he was never quite able to meet her eyes and in his nervous tone when he spoke to her. But that gradually went away as they became closer and she started seeing him as one of her most trusted friends. Her best friend.

 

But now that she knew that his feelings for her ran deeper than just a crush. It made her view him in a different light. A romantic light. She didn't like that. She shouldn't feel this way.

 

Conflicted, she took out her phone and sent a message to Chang Joo. Following their conversation, she decided to fly over to Tokyo to visit him, in the hopes of reassuring herself about her feelings for him. She knew her relationship with Chang Joo was going through a rough patch. They had drifted apart. Chang Joo no longer lavished the same amount of attention and care on her as he had at the beginning.

 

He could be quite insensitive at times too. Once, while spooning with her, he had poked her tummy and commented that she had gained weight. It stung and she still remembered his words. Failing to see the hurt in her eyes, he went on to about her thighs as well.

 

The Running Man members teasing her about her thighs were fine, she took it in her stride. But when it came from her boyfriend, it was an entirely different matter. It made her feel like he no longer desired her. She felt undesirable. It didn't help matters when she caught him admiring other younger beautiful women on a couple of occasions.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter