First Date

Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo: Hello?

Jong Kook: Hi, Ji Hyo-ah?

Ji Hyo: Yes Jong Kook hyung-nim?

Jong Kook: What kind of wild goose chase exactly, did you send the giraffe on? He came by the gym earlier looking all flustered, asking me what should he do on a first date?

 

At this, Ji Hyo giggled.

 

Jong Kook: Ya! Ji Hyo-ah. It's not funny. The boy is stressed out. Don't torture the kid! That's my job! Call him! Tell him to relax or something.

Ji Hyo: Yes, Jong Kook oppa. I'll send him a text now. Don't worry. Enjoy your work-out.

 

Jong Kook disconnected the call, smiling fondly at the memory of the giraffe, rushing into the gym earlier this morning during his work-out. The young man seemed agitated, seeking advice from the muscular singer on where he should bring Ji Hyo, rambling on about what he should do because it was their first date. Jong Kook placed a thick arm around Kwang Soo, willing him to calm down. “Kwang Soo, don't fret. Breathe. Just relax. What does Ji Hyo like to do? You obviously can't bring her anywhere crowded. Don't overdo things. Ji Hyo is a simple lady, all she needs is food and good company. I'm sure you can handle that.” He encouraged, watching the younger man nod.

 

“Now, are we feeling better? So go! Get ready and prepare what you need. Just keep things simple and real. She appreciates honesty and effort.” He advised, smiling to himself as he watched the taller man take off. He was slightly envious of his two dongsaengs. Haha had recently became a father, and the youngest in the group was finally dating.

 

Yet, here he was, sitting alone in the gym, working out. At this rate, it'll just be Gary and himself left on the shelf. And as far as he knew, the rapper had plenty of dates lined up. Sighing, Jong Kook lifted another weight. Perhaps it was time he took up his mother's offer of introducing women to him.

 

 

Knock knock

 

Expecting that that was Kwang Soo at the door, Ji Hyo smiled as she walked over to answer her door. Opening it, she found him drenched and shivering. “What happened to you? Quick, come in!” She exclaimed as she ushered him into her apartment.

 

“Cab. Wrong apartment complex. Sudden rain. Ran over. Cold.” He answered, his teeth chattering as he tried to explain.

 

She pushed him into her room. Grabbing a towel from inside her cupboard, she passed it to him and directed him into her toilet. “Go dry yourself before you catch a cold. It's still pretty chilly outside! I'll see if I can get you something dry to change into.” She instructed.

 

Digging through her cupboard, she found a shirt and a pair of jeans belonging to her brother. Although they looked like they would be too short for Kwang Soo, they would have to do. She knocked on the toilet door. “I found some dry clothes for you. You should fit into them. I've left them on the bed. I'll go turn on the water heater so that you can take a hot shower to warm up.” She called out.

 

After turning on the water heater, Ji Hyo sat on her couch in the living room, waiting for Kwang Soo to finish his shower. She spied a picnic basket that he must have left by the door when he was rushed in. Upon closer inspection, she found that it was relatively dry.


That silly boy. He must've tried covering it from the rain as he rushed over. What am I going to do with him?

 

 

Kwang Soo towel dried his hair, cursing his bad luck. When he had left his house earlier this morning to seek Jong Kook's advice, it had been bright and sunny. Taking the muscular singer's advice, he had decided that for their date, they would take a short hike up Bugaksan. He thought that Ji Hyo might enjoy a nice picnic, surrounded by nature. The peak surrounding the city, would be a lovely spot to have some food and drinks while admiring the sprawling metropolis of Seoul.

 

After driving home to drop off his car, Kwang Soo had rushed to the supermarket. Grabbing a picnic basket, he bought an array of food. A few apples that had just came in season, savoury sandwiches, chips, a box of chocolates and a very lovely bottle of Australian Margaret River Cabernet Sauvignon, which he was sure, Ji Hyo would take delight in drinking. But some time along the way to her apartment, the weather had taken a turn for the worst. It had begun to hail before pouring cats and dogs.

 

Kwang Soo looked into the cupboard in Ji Hyo's bathroom, hoping against hope to fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter