Running Man

Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo walked over to the holding area, her eyes scanning the area for a recognisable lanky figure. Running Man would be filming in Jeju over the next few days and she had arrived at Gimpo airport almost an hour ahead of schedule, hoping to catch the giraffe before the other members arrived. She knew he usually came in early and there was a good chance she would see him. In her hands, she clutched a small paper bag. She finally spotted him sitting away from the crew who were busy checking their equipment. Her heart skipped a beat as she walked over to his familiar frame, and she couldn't stop a wide smile from forming.

 

Kwang Soo glanced up at the sound of approaching foot steps. At the sight of Ji Hyo, his breath hitched. She was radiant and looked well rested. Her face had a glow to it and the smile she wore threatened to split her face. He smiled back at her, glad that she seemed happy and well rested as the next few days of filming would be tough.


I'm glad noona's looking so well rested now. It looks like she's been eating well too. I guess visiting her boyfriend did a world of wonder. Look at how happily she's smiling. How I wished she smiled like that for me.

 

He felt a slight pang of sadness but pushed it aside. “Did you have a good trip noona? You're looking beautiful today! I mean not that you aren't beautiful... you always were... I mean are. Argh! Can I just start over?” He stammered.

 

Giggling good naturedly, Ji Hyo nodded and Kwang Soo rubbed his head bashfully, “I just mean to say, that you look good... you look happy. I'm glad for you.” He said.

 

Ji Hyo sat next to him, “I'm happy because you're here.” She answered truthfully.

 

Kwang Soo stared at her for a moment, shocked by her words. But judging by the slight blush on her cheeks, he saw that she told no lies and his heart soared. He scratched his head, unsure if he should speak what was in his heart. “I'm happy to see noona too. I've missed you.” He admitted. “Even your habit of grabbing my hair.” He added cheekily.

 

She stuck her tongue out at him. “I got something for you whilst I was in Tokyo.” She said as she handed him the paper bag. Curious, Kwang Soo looked into the bag.

 

“I remembered you mentioned that you've recently taken an interest in baking and were attempting to bake egg tarts. I was walking around in Tokyo when I came across this shop selling baking products and managed to find proper egg tart moulds for you. Now you can bake for noona!” She ordered, smiling happily.

 

Kwang Soo took the moulds out. He couldn't believe that she had remembered that he had gotten into baking. He had only mentioned it casually in passing to the group, and never expected anyone, let alone Ji Hyo to remember. “Wow noona! Thanks! These will be very useful. Once I perfect them, I'll be sure to make some for you!” He promised. Rummaging through the bag, he found two packets of his favourite matcha mochi. They were hard to find in Seoul, he usually had to travel into a Japanese speciality store just to get them.

 

Noona remembered? Why is she so sweet? Kwang Soo relax, Ji Hyo noona is nice to everyone. Don't start imagining things.

 

He looked over at Ji Hyo, meeting her gaze. “Thank you soo much.” He breathed, his eyes were filled with gratitude. She blushed at his sincerity.

 

“Ahem! Am I interrupting something?” A familiar voice rang out.

 

The pair turned to look at the owner of the voice. They found Gary staring at them, raising an eyebrow and smirking. Kwang Soo got up quickly and gestured to the seat he had just vacated, “Not at all, hyung! Please have a sit. Ji Hyo noona was just giving me something she bought while she was in Tokyo.” He informed.

 

The rapper's's face registered his surprise. “Ji Hyo-ya, you were in Tokyo recently? When? And why is it that only the giraffe gets a present? It's Monday today, don't I get a present too? I'm your boyfriend on Mondays. How about a kiss?” He teased, pointing to his cheeks. Ji Hyo rapped Gary on the head playfully, leading him to shout, “STRESS!”

 

She smiled at her reel boyfriend. “Ya, Kang Gary! Of course I got you something! I got everyone a small souvenir! Unlike you! You went all the way to Vietnam for volunteer work and came back empty handed.” She chided playfully, before reaching into her backpack and pulling out a small omamori, a japanese charm. “I got this at the Meiji shrine. It's suppose to serve as a sort of protection for drivers and travellers of all sorts. I thought that since oppa would be travelling to volunteer again, that this would protect you.” She explained. 

 

Gary smiled affectionately at Ji Hyo and ruffled her hair. “Thanks, Ji Hyo-ya. It's very thoughtful of you. Oppa will keep this with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter