Fiction becomes reality

Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwang Soo sat on the bed, leaning against the headrest. Adjusting his reading glasses, he glanced down at the opened notebook on his lap, filled with his untidy scrawl. It was getting late and they had an early morning start, but his mind was awhirl with emotions. It seemed his feelings for Ji Hyo had not gone unnoticed. He was worried that the actress might have picked up on it as well. The last thing he needed was for her to find out. He feared that the knowledge would cause her undue stress. She didn't need to deal with his unruly feelings. Yet, she had been oddly affectionate towards him today and he was bewildered.

 

Sighing, he scribbled into his notebook. This was his way of dealing with his problems and emotions. Creative writing. This was why he was often able to come up with great stories to tell. He channeled what he felt into his stories. Whatever he faced, whatever he felt and whatever was happening in his life, he put them into his stories and gave them life. If only on the pages of his notebook.

 

Kwang Soo glanced up when he heard a soft knock on his door. Leaving his notebook on the bed, he got up and went to answer the door. He smirked, thinking that it must be the PD at his door, here to give him a special mission. Which was why he was shocked to discover that it was Ji Hyo instead. She looked like she was ready for bed, decked out in a pair of baggy grey sweat pants and a yellow hoodie. She may have been dressed conservatively, but it still made his heart race. That was always part of her charm. When other female idols and actresses came on the show, they dressed to the nines. But not Ji Hyo. While they wore girly shorts to show off their legs, she wore boy shorts. It wasn't that she didn't have a good body... she did, as he had seen in her movie. She just chose not to show it.

 

Pushing aside the images of a Ji Hyo, Kwang Soo swallowed hard. “Noona? What is it?” He asked, adjusting his glasses.

 

Ji Hyo held up a hot water flask and a handful of snacks that he recognised as being his favourite. Moving aside, he gestured to his room, inviting her in.

 

Ji Hyo made herself comfortable on the bed and patted the empty spot next to her. She knew Kwang Soo would probably be too polite to sit without her invitation. “I made some genuine Japanese green tea for us! Your favourite! I also brought some snacks that you like.” She said, smiling at him.

 

As Kwang Soo took a seat next to her, her sanguine mood turned sombre. “Kwang Soo-ah. You once offered your ears. Will you listen to noona now?” She asked.

 

He nodded and waited patiently for Ji Hyo to speak. “Chang Joo oppa and I have called for a time-out.” She began, and Kwang Soo's eyes widened at the news. While he had initially thought she may have broken up with him, her joyful mood throughout the day had thrown that idea out of the window. “I found him on the phone with this woman. He sounded very happy talking to her.” Ji Hyo continued, looking down at her lap.

 

“Noona, do you want me to punch him for you?” Kwang Soo growled.

 

Shocked, she looked up at him. It wasn't like him to resort to violence. His normally pleasant and silly demeanor had changed. His face contorted in anger; his nostrils flared. His eyes, having narrowed into slits, flashed dangerously as he balled his hands into fists. Reaching over, she held his larger hands in her smaller ones, gently tracing the veins that had popped out, until she felt him relax under her ministrations. She smiled up at him. “The thing is, I don't feel sad or angry at all. I thought I would be. And I was surprised when I wasn't. On the contary, I felt liberated. Free. Happy. We decided that perhaps it was time for us to take a little break and decide what we want.” She explained.

 

 

It was the third morning that Ji Hyo had been in Tokyo. She had woken up to see Chang Joo talking on the phone. He was smiling serenely. As she lay in bed observing him, her thoughts drifted back to Seoul. She wondered what her giraffe was currently up to, and how his date with the shopkeeper's daughter went. Glancing over, she saw that Chang Joo had finished his conversation. He smiled at her and informed her that that had been Erin on the phone.

 

Ji Hyo beckoned to Chang Joo, holding his hand, she told him that she thought they need

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter