Surprises

Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finishing the meeting she had at the C-jes office, Ji Hyo rubbed the back of her neck and stretched, trying to ease the stiffness. Yesterday's filming had left her feeling slightly tender and stiff. She looked at her watch and was surprised to find that it was still early.


Oh, its only 4pm. I wonder if Chang Joo oppa can leave early today. It's been a while since we had dinner together. Although if we had dinner, he might want to stay the night and I feel bad turning him down so often. I really do want to spend time with him, but I also just want to go home and have a good night’s rest after that. Ottoke?

 

Ji Hyo sighed loudly, her manager looked over at her charge and raised an eyebrow in question. “Oh, it's nothing, unnie. I was just thinking about something. I’m free to leave now, right?” She asked. When her manager nodded her consent, Ji Hyo took off in the direction of Chang Joo’s office.

 

As she approached his office, she saw Chang Joo sitting on his table, facing a young lady who was sitting on the chair. She frowned when she saw the young lady leaning unusually close to him. It was at this moment that he looked up and met Ji Hyo’s gaze. He flashed her a little smile of acknowledgement and turned his attention back to the lady.

 

Ji Hyo greeted Chang Joo’s executive assistant and took a seat to wait for him. Looking up, she frowned when she saw the lady ran her hands over Chang Joo's arm, but found herself smiling with some relief when he pulled away. Then, a thought came to her mind unbidden, and she found herself wondering if he would have pulled away if she hadn't been present.

 

She found herself frowning again at her thoughts, but was distracted when her phone vibrated. Checking her phone, she saw that it was a message from Kwang Soo. A small smile graced her lips as she opened the text and read the message. They had grown so close after working together for three years that she could imagine hearing his chirpy voice greeting her.

 

Kwang Soo: Good afternoon Ji Hyo noona!! ^-^ How is your wrist feeling now? Did you apply any medicinal ointment? I’m sorry I didn’t text you sooner. I have been busy the whole day and I didn’t dare text you last night because we all got home so late. You looked tired and I was worried you might be asleep.

 

She smiled at the care and concern he showed as she typed a reply.

 

Ji Hyo: Yes, good afternoon Kwang Soo-ah. I'm feeling better now. Thanks for asking. I'm still a bit sore, but I will try and rest more tonight.

Kwang Soo: That's good to hear! My friend cancelled the dinner plans that we made today. Seeing as I'm near Ilsan now, I wondered if you would like to have dinner with me? My mom didn't cook my share! :(

 

Ji Hyo looked over to Chang Joo's office and saw that he was still engaged. She wasn't sure what time he would be done with his meeting but she thought she would wait for him and at least spend some time together if he wasn't available for dinner.

 

Ji Hyo: Kwang Soo-ah, I would love to have dinner with you, but I thought I'd have dinner with Chang Joo oppa. We've been so busy that we haven't seen each other for two weeks. I'm sorry!

Kwang Soo: Oh! No problem noona, I'll just eat on my own. I was just trying my luck since I was in the area.

 

Ji Hyo felt bad turning Kwang Soo down as there had been past instances where he made the time for her.

 

Ji Hyo: How about having a quick dinner with us?

Kwang Soo: What? And play gooseberry? No thanks, noona. I will just see you tomorrow morning! Bright and early, alright? So you'd better sleep early!

 

Ji Hyo slapped her forehead, she had clean forgotten that they had made plans during dinner yesterday. They had agreed to go hiking tomorrow since the weather was getting nicer. She quickly composed a reply.

 

Ji Hyo: Yes I will! Remember to fetch me, my car is in the workshop!

Kwang Soo: Will do noona! You have a nice romantic dinner! ^-^

 

Ji Hyo heard the door to Chang Joo's office open as he walked the young lady out and heard him telling her that the company would be in touch with her soon. He walked over to Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter