Finding love

Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“And then... Fiction becomes reality.”

 

“Noona? I... I...” Kwang Soo stuttered, still touching his lips. Had Ji Hyo just kissed him? Although the contact had been brief and slight, his heart was beating out of his chest and he was sure the actress could hear it. Emotions flooded him, part disbelief, part hope, all love. Unable to give voice to the raging storm within him, he chose to remain quiet.

 

Ji Hyo held his gaze, tenderness reflected in her eyes. “I heard you the other night, Kwang Soo-ah. I was only pretending to be asleep.” She admitted softly. She watched him swallow and noted how his adam's apple bobbed up and down. And still, he said nothing. Feeling self-conscious by her bold move of kissing him, she brushed back her hair as she waited for his reply. But none came. Doubt started gnawing at her. Embarrassed, she looked down at her hands.


Could it be that he doesn't like me?

 

“Why are you keeping so quiet? Do you not like me? Say something... Please?” She asked in a small voice.

 

Kwang Soo read the embarrassment on her face and saw the fear reflected in her brown orbs that her feelings weren't reciprocrated. Not wanting her to think that he was rejecting her, he gently took her hands in his and placed them above his heart. “Ji Hyo noona... I don't just like you... I love you. I always have, and I always will.” He assured.

 

At this, Ji Hyo looked up at him. In his eyes, she could see the love he had for her, as plain as day. There, she also saw desire, and more than a hint of sadness.

 

Kwang Soo gently brushed back the hair that had fallen on her face. Taking a deep breath, he tried to steady himself. “But... It's because I love you too much, that I can't ask you to be mine... I have nothing to offer you.” He stressed. His voice shook, laced with melancholy. He looked away so that she would not see the pain in his eyes. “Noona, you are more accomplished than me in terms of career... Income... You have your own apartment... Me? I'm still living with my mother. And let's not forget the difference in our age, our status. The press would have a field day... And your family? Your family will probably not want you to date me. And the backlash you may face when they find out.” He reasoned.

 

Heavyhearted, he watched from the corner of his eyes as she nodded slowly. “Then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter