Morning Meetings

Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo turned to look at Chang Joo who had finally fallen asleep beside her. It had been a long night for her, she just wasn't as into their love making as he was. In an attempt to get it over and done quickly, she had rocked her hips so hard and fast against him that he had to stop her, telling her that he didn't want to rush their first encounter in months.

 

Chang Joo snored softly, worn out. But Ji Hyo's mind was wide awake, she looked over at the clock by her bedside table, it read 2:55am. She was due to wake up in another few hours.


Great! So much for an early night! Maybe I should just cancel on Kwang Soo and stay in to rest tomorrow.

 

She immediately felt bad for thinking that, as this was something they had been planning all winter. She turned to lie on her side, facing away from Chang Joo when she spotted something on the floor. She squinted into the darkness, trying to make out what it was and wrinkled her nose in disgust as she realised it was the used from earlier. Chang Joo had just thrown it on the floor after he was done.

 

While Ji Hyo wasn't the neatest person around, she had certain standards of hygiene. And if there was one thing she absolutely couldn't tolerate about him, it was that his level of hygiene was not where she'd like. Irritated, she grabbed a bunch of tissues from her bedside table and wrapped it up within them before getting up to bin it. As she got up from the bed, her stiff muscles screamed in protest at the movement, further souring her mood.


I've told him countless times to pick up after himself. I should not need to be the one picking up these things. Argh, I feel so stiff. Since I'm up, perhaps a warm shower will help.

 

Ji Hyo came out of the shower feeling refreshed, the hot water had helped to ease some of the stiffness she felt. She walked towards her bed but seeing Chang Joo sprawled out on it, she changed her mind and headed to the living room. Throwing herself down on the comfortable couch, she grabbed the blanket that she usually left out whenever she watched a movie and threw it over herself. Pulling it up to her chin, her eyes finally drifted shut.  

 

 

Kwang Soo glanced at his watch, it was only 6:30am. He was early. They had agreed to meet at 7am before taking the 3 hour drive out to Mount Seorak, where they were going to hike.


I wonder if Ji Hyo noona is up yet. Well, I suppose she still needs time to get ready and I am early. Maybe I should go buy her a cup of coffee, if not she'd be grumpy throughout the whole drive.

 

Entering a small cafe, he ordered a hot Mocha for himself and Ji Hyo's favourite hot Americano. He spied a ddeokbokki store just setting up for business and decided on a whim to get some for her. He knew that the actress loved food and the spicy rice cake was one of her favourites.

 

In the end, Kwang Soo found himself armed to the teeth with snacks. He had decided to play safe because he didn't know which snack Ji Hyo was in the mood for this morning. He was carrying 2 cups of coffees, a box of ddeokbokki, kimbap, potato chips, fish cakes and chocolate.

 

He entered the lift to her apartment with an older lady who saw him struggling with an armful of assorted food. As she exited the lift, she smiled at Kwang Soo. “Your wife is so lucky to have such a sweet husband go out this early in the morning to settle her pregnancy cravings.” She commented. The lift doors closed before he had the chance to respond and he was left staring stupidly at the lift door.


Did I overdo it? Did I buy too much? Wait! What if noona thinks I'm interested in her? No no, Ji Hyo noona is a glutton, she can easily finish this off without my help. She probably thinks this quantity is normal. Yup.

 

Kwang Soo got off and made his way to her unit. He knocked on her door and waited patiently for her to open it. From past experience, he knew that this could take some time, especially if the actress was still asleep. To his surprise, he heard a muffled grumble from within before the door flew open.

 

He held his breath as he stared, mesmerized by Ji Hyo. Her hair was puffy and stuck out at weird corners, and her face was free from make up. She still looked a little tired, but there was a faint natural blush on her cheeks and she appeared more radiant than she had for a while. At this moment, she was the most beautiful woman he had ever laid eyes on. She blinked blearily at him and he found himself letting out a breath he didn't know he was holding. “Morning, noona! Look at what I got for you!” He greeted in his usual boisterous fashion.

 

His loud voice seemed to snap her out of it and she clamped a hand over his mouth and dragged him into her apartment. “Ya! Lee Kwang Soo, not so loud! The neighbours are sleeping!” She scolded softly.

 

Kwang Soo lowered his voice but it was still loud enough that it reverberated in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter