One Month

Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time flies when you're having fun. Or in love and the same could be said for the couple. Soon, they would be celebrating their one month together.

 

Kwang Soo was currently stressing out over what they could do. He thought it would be nice to surprise Ji Hyo by doing something she'd like. He wanted to repay the favour, the previous week had been a busy time for the both of them. Their schedules kept clashing so the only time they saw each other was on Monday for filming. Wednesday was the only day when both were free, but there was a big soccer match going on and Kwang Soo already had a boy's night planned with Jong Kook, Haha and Gary to watch the game at his place.

 

It was the first week that Kwang Soo would be spending alone. His mother had left and he was feeling the effects of coming home to an empty apartment. The men were all too familiar with that feeling, and had arranged to organise a boy's night as they didn't want him to feel lonely. Ji Hyo had learned of the plan and had taken it upon herself to surprise Kwang Soo. So, early on Wednesday evening, she turned at his apartment, armed with snacks and drinks for the guys. She even remembered to get something healthy for Jong Kook.

 

 

“Hi Kwang Soo-dear! Surprised?! I thought I'd crash your party since I won't be able to see you for the rest of the week!” She greeted when he opened the door. When there was no response from him, she looked away, mistaking his silence for rejection. “You're ok with it, right? Or is this a boys only party? Should I leave?” She asked.

 

Kwang Soo was touched, Ji Hyo never liked soccer. She never could understand what was so interesting about twenty-two grown men chasing a ball around a field. He quickly took her hands and pulled her in. “Darling, you are always welcomed here.” He assured. “I'm just afraid you'd be bored.” He added.

 

Ji Hyo smiled at him. “How can I be bored when I have my second family here with me.” She hummed. And Kwang Soo's heart melted at her words.

 

When the hyungs arrived, they had been surprised to see their female member there. They had teased the giraffe mercilessly. Joking that this was the begining of the end of their scheduled boys only night. Gary pouted. “But you're my girlfriend.” He whined.

 

Ji Hyo smiled sweetly at him. “Yes, but only on Mondays and today's not Monday, is it?” She simpered.

 

Jong Kook glared at the giraffe and started going into his coach mode. “You know there's a reason why we call it a boys' night! What's the point in having a boys' night if there is going to be a woman here?!” He lectured the boy.

 

Even Haha jumped in, teasing the actress. “Ya! Song Ji Hyo! You really are a man, huh? Well, I suppose you are, since you are crashing our night!”

 

Ji Hyo only scowled at the men and threatened that if they continued, she would throw out all the snacks she got and toss the three of them out so she could spend time with Kwang Soo. Seeing that the Ace was only half joking, the trio had quickly zipped their mouths.

 

The evening was spent with Ji Hyo sitting and snuggling with Kwang Soo. Watching fondly as he cheered and jeered along with his hyungs. It made her feel warm and fuzzy inside and she felt contented and loved. Her eyelids heavy, she finally closed them. It had been a long and busy week for her.

 

 

Kwang Soo finally settled on the idea of taking Ji Hyo out to a noraebang. Although Song Ji Hyo was notorious for being tone death, she enjoyed singing. In fact, during an earlier Running Man episodes she had insisted that singing was her speciality. She then proceeded to belt out an off key rendition of the song, ‘Tears’ at the encouragement of the men.

 

Ji Hyo had also been unsually tired the past week. Her photoshoot for Yesse and the filming for her Mr Pizza commercial seemed to have taken a toll on her. Kwang Soo had ruled out anything strenuous and figured they should do something low-key. He had an uncle who owned a noraebang place just outside of Seoul and could guarantee their privacy, so he planned to bring her there.

 

Kwang Soo whistled as he made his way down the corridor to Ji Hyo's unit, a spring in his step as he was in high spirits. He carried a packet of Ji Hyo’s favourite snack, rest stop potatoes. They were fried in butter and had just the right amount of saltiness that was sure to make her happy. Arriving at her unit, he knocked at her door and waited. Minutes passed and there appeared to be no one coming to open the door. Kwang Soo was puzzled.


Hmm... she can’t possibly still be asleep at this hour. It’s almost 12 noon!

 

Suddenly, the door opened. “Good afternoon sleepyhea- ” Kwang Soo didn’t finish his sentence as he stared at Ji Hyo in shock.

 

She was dressed to go out, but her face was pale and she was sweating profusely. Rushing to her side, he supported her weight. “Darling, what happened to you? Are you ok?” He asked, concerned and worried for her.

 

“I think I must have the stomach flu or something. I woke up this morning feeling nauseous. I've already thrown up twice. I've taken some medication but am still feeling ill.” She explained. “I'm sorry Kwang Soo-dear, I know you probably spent a lot of time and effort planning for our date, but I think we've gotta cancel our plans for today.” She continued, an apologetic expression on her face.

 

Kwang Soo shushed her. “It's ok dear. Your health is more important. We can always go out when you're feeling better. Come on, let's get you into bed.” He said. Without another word, he swept her up in his arms – Bridal style. Ji Hyo yelped in surprise and could feel colour rising to her cheeks. Carrying the actress to her bed, he gently placed her on it and smiled shyly at her. “Darling, you should change into something a bit more comfortable... You don't need help with that, right?” He mumbled, a blush slowly creeping up his face. Nodding, she smiled up at Kwang Soo and he breathed a sigh of relief. “Good. You go change. Let me go whip up some porridge for you.” He added, before brushing back the stray hairs from her face lovingly and leaving her room.

 

45 minutes and a burnt finger later, Kwang Soo had finished cooking the porridge. Carrying a tray with a bowl of porridge and a cup of ginger tea to help her nauseousness, he walked over to Ji Hyo's room. He knocked on her door softly, afraid to wake her in case she was sleeping. When no reply came, he slowly opened the door and entered her room to find that the actress was fast asleep, breathing deeply. Her face was pale but there was a slight tint to her cheeks. He placed his hand on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter