Chapter 2

You are my only love, oppa

 

The next day, Nara went to school as per normal. She doesn’t know why but she is really looking forward to school that day. She badly wanted to see Jongup. Instead of hating Jongup for rejecting her, she began to fall for him more after the peck he gave her on the lips yesterday. She thought that most probably Jongup do have feelings for her despite having Hara as a girlfriend. However, she was quite disappointed that Jongup did not text her like what he said before leaving yesterday. Worse, Nara texted Jongup but there was no reply from him at all. The first lesson for that day was Mathematics. She came in class to see Jongup already seated at his own seat. She quickly dash to her seat.

 

 

 

‘Good Morning Jongup!’ She greeted Jongup, giving him the warmest smile that one could ever ask for.

 

 

 

Jongup looked at Nara. He can’t deny that he was actually happy to see her but he can no longer be near Nara as Hara threatened him yesterday that she will leave him if he continues to be close with Nara. She asked for Hara understanding as Nara is his best friend but Hara was mad because no best friend would ever kiss his friend on the lips. Jongup was kind of regret kissing Nara and now he couldn’t even go closer to Nara as a best friend due to Hara jealousy. Jongup would feel bad if he were to not greet Nara back so he just said, ‘Morning Nara.’

 

 

 

Nara felt that there was something weird about Jongup today. The way he greeted her back sounded like he do not want to communicate with Nara at all. The way he reacted was different too. He was usually very cheerful and hyped up. She then took out a piece of paper to write a note to Jongup. She slid the piece of paper inside Jongup’s pencil case. Jongup look at the small piece of paper and read it.

 

 

 

Is it your turn to ignore me today? What happened? Are you alright? :(

 

 

 

Jongup look at Nara. She was smiling towards Jongup but somehow, she looks kind of worried and sad. Jongup gulped down his saliva, feeling guilty for ignoring Nara. He tore a piece of paper from his exercise book and replied Nara’s note. He took Nara’s hand and gave the paper to her while saying, ‘I’m really sorry.’ Nara was confused. ‘Why did he say sorry? What did he do? Was he guilty for not replying my text message yesterday?’ Nara thought to herself. She opened the paper and read it carefully.

 

 

 

Nara-ah, mian-he. I’m really sorry for what happened yesterday. I did not know what I was thinking when I kissed you yesterday. Maybe, this is how every boy will react whenever there are pretty girls who fall on top of their body. Please do not think that I have any feelings towards you. As you know, I only love Hara. I do love you but only as a best friend. I hope you will forget everything that happened yesterday. Sorry if I were to give you any hopes that make you think I might have feelings for you. I only look you up as a friend and a sister. I’ve hurt Hara feelings. I hope we could stay away from each other for a while until my relationship with Hara gets better. I can’t lose her right now. I will promise to talk to you normally after I am fine with Hara. Take care alright?

-Jongup

 

 

 

Tears rolled down Nara’s cheek. She was so sad after reading Jongup’s letter. Once again, she was hurt by Jongup. Nara packs her stuff and went to sit at an empty table at the front of the classroom. Jongup looked at her feeling guilty. He wanted to stop her but he was unable to because he might hurt her further if she continues sitting beside him. Mr Lee then came in the class to start the lesson.

 

 

 

‘Miss Nara, why did you shift your seat?’ Mr Lee asked her.

 

 

 

‘I’m sorry Mr Lee but I think my eyesight is getting bad, my vision is quite blur when I was seated at the back,’ Nara lied, hoping that Mr Lee will believe her. She obviously cannot say the real reason to why she moved seat. She will be the craziest and stupid girl if she were to say that she moved to the front because of Jongup. Mr Lee will obviously ask her to move back to her original seat.

 

 

 

 

‘Ok. Now take out your activity book class,’ Nara let out a sigh of relief when Mr Lee allowed her to change seat.

 

 

 

The school bell rings, indicating that it’s the end of that lesson. ‘You are dismissed class. See you on Monday,’ Nara quickly ran out of the classroom after the class was dismissed. She wanted to avoid Jongup. She does not want to see that guy ever again after he hurt her for the second time. The next class was Science. She dragged her feet to her classroom. She will be in the same class as Hara. She sighed. ‘Why do I have to see her? Of all days? Seriously? This ,’ Nara mumbled to herself.

 

 

 

The moment Nara stepped into the class, everyone stared at her as if she did something bad. ‘Oh look, the girl who steals Hara boyfriend is already here,’ a girl at the back of the classroom shouted, loud enough for the whole class to hear. ‘Hey girls, be careful of your boyfriend. She might steal one of yours someday. Luckily Jongup loves me a lot. He wouldn’t leave me for a girl like her. She has no shame at all to kiss my boyfriend,’ Hara added oil to the fire. The whole class jeer at Nara. Nara glare at Hara. She was so heated up by what Hara just said about her. She went up to Hara and gave her a hard slap on her right cheek.

 

 

 

‘That was for slapping me yesterday and not forgetting about what you just said about me. Stop spreading nonsense here Kim Hara. I didn’t steal your boyfriend. I’m just his best friend. Maybe, you did not know how to take a good care of your boyfriend that he kissed me even though he have you. Please take care of him first alright?’ Nara let go of everything that she wanted to say to Hara all this while. She was really furious. Hara has been embarrassing her in front of everyone and she was kind enough to be patient but she could not take it anymore when Hara said that she steals Jongup just because Jongup kissed her. And it was not her who started the kissed. It was Jongup. She doesn’t want to be blamed and labelled as a ‘boyfriend stealer or snatcher’.

 

 

 

Hara wasn’t satisfied with what Nara just did and said to her. ‘YAH KIM NARA! Don’t you have any respect towards me? How dare you slap me,’ Hara yelled at Nara. She wanted to slap Nara but Nara moved away from her. Nara took her back and left the classroom. Tears were rolling down her cheek. She ran to the school rooftop. She took out her phone to send a text to Dan-bi.

 

 

 

 

Dan-bi-ah, please come to the rooftop right now. I am feeling so low right now. Something just happened and I skipped class. Are you able to come here? It’s ok if you do not want to skip class but please come here during break time. I really need to talk to someone… :(

 

 

 

A few minutes later, Nara received a reply from Dan-bi. She really hoped that Dan-bi was able to skip class and be with her at that timing but she was so sad after reading the reply from Dan-bi.

 

 

 

I’m really sorry Nara. I have a test going on right now. I will come soon after the test alright! Cheer up! See you soon! Mian. <3

 

 

 

‘WAEEEEEEEEEEE!’ Nara shouted.

 

 

 

Out of a sudden, a guy entered the rooftop. He was tall and good looking. He was shocked when he heard Nara shouting. ‘Oh my god, this girl scares me but hey, she’s so pretty. Why is she here? Doesn’t she have class right now? Unless she is like me skipping classes every time,’ the guy mumbles to himself.

 

 

 

 

‘Hey, what are you doing here? Are you skipping class too? I’m Bang Yongguk, a senior in this school. What’s your name? Are you alright? Are you crying? Oh my god,’ Yongguk shoots a lot of questions to Nara. Nara who was still tearing up was shocked to see Yongguk there.

 

 

 

‘I’m … Nara,’ Nara stuttered.

 

 

 

‘Whoa, you’ve got a pretty name, girl. It suits a beautiful person like you. Hey, are you alright? Why are you crying? If you have a problem, you can share it with me. Maybe I’m able to help? Even if I’m not able to help, I’m willing to be your listening ears,’ Yongguk winked to Nara.

 

 

 

Nara didn’t know why but Yongguk presence really makes her feel a bit better. Even though she doesn’t know Yongguk and she just met him, she feels that she has known Yongguk for a very long time. She told Yongguk everything about what just happened yesterday and today.

 

 

 

‘I really don’t know what to do. I’m very confused. Confused with what my best friend did to me yesterday. I thought he liked me but he didn’t,’ Nara hung her head low. No words can describe her feelings at that moment. She is just so sad.

 

 

 

Yongguk looked at Nara. He pitied her a lot. ‘Why did her best friend hurt her? The way she told me her story, I can really tell that her best friend liked her, but why is he still with his girlfriend? That guy is really blind. This girl deserves someone better. I am going to make her mine and let her be happy,’ Yongguk thought to himself. ‘That guy is a jerk. Forget him. I’m sure you deserve someone better who is able to make you happy. Try searching for other guys, alright? Move on. You need to be happy in life, girl,’ Yongguk patted Nara’s back.

 

 

 

‘I wish I could but nobody likes me. Everyone hated me because of my best friend’s girlfriend. She spread nonsensical information about me. I’m only happy with 2 of my best friends but I’m only left with one now,’ Nara faced Yongguk. Yongguk was staring at her. He didn’t even blink. Nara waved her hand in front of Yongguk’s face. Yongguk snapped out of his daze.

 

 

 

‘Oops! Sorry. Don’t worry. I am willing to be your friend! You can be friends with my friends too! I have another 4 friends who is studying in class now. They’re so nerdy. Haha. We can hang out together. Your other best friend can join us too,’ Yongguk gave Nara his gummy smile. He really hoped that Nara would agree with his suggestions. He really wanted to spend time with Nara and get to know her better.

 

 

 

Yongguk’s gummy smile make Nara feel whole lot better. In fact after telling Yongguk how he felt makes her feel better. She was so happy that she met Yongguk on the rooftop today. Nara shook her head, agreeing to what Yongguk just said. She is more than willing to hang out with Yongguk and his friends. She loves making new friends. They continue chatting till the school bell rings, indicating that it was break time.

 

 

 

‘Erm … Can I have your number, Nara? Maybe we are able to stay in contact?’ Yongguk hesitantly asked.

 

 

 

Nara took out a blank paper from her bag and scribbled her number down. She gave Yongguk the paper and they left the rooftop together to go for break. Suddenly a girl ran towards Nara and hugged her. ‘Are you okay Nara?’ She asked while cupping her cheeks. Nara nodded, indicating that it’s a yes. ’Who is this handsome guy beside you?’ Dan-bi continued asking while positioning her spectacles properly.

 

 

 

 

‘Oh, meet Yongguk. I met him at the rooftop just now. I felt better because of him,’ Nara said while smiling at Yongguk. Yongguk heart melts looking at Nara smiling.

 

 

 

Dan-bi and Yongguk shook their hands. ‘Do you want to join us eat?’ Dan-bi asked.

 

 

 

‘I would like to but I’m eating with my friends. Maybe we will eat next time together with my friends? I got to go. See the both of you soon!’ Yongguk waved and walked towards the canteen.

 

 

 

‘Whoa, he is not bad. Do you like him? Hey, by the way why are you feeling so low? Is it because of Jongup? I already told you to forget him. Aish, you’re so stubborn, Nara-ah,’ Dan-bi shook her head.

 

 

 

‘I don’t like him! We just met Dan-bi-ah. Yeah, I was so stubborn. I promise to move on alright?’ Nara assured Dan-bi.

 

 

 

‘You might like him if u got to know him better Nara-ah. You better keep your promise. Or else I will not talk to you anymore if u break your promise. Forget your feelings towards him. Just like him as a normal friend, alright?’ Dan-bi threatened her.

 

 

 

Without realising, Jongup were observing them from far. He seems upset to see his best friends being close with other guys. ‘Sigh, I shouldn’t be jealous. I chose this path. It’s all my fault that things are this way right now,’ Jongup mumbles to himself as he make his way to the classroom to meet Hara.

 

 

 

 

Nara and Dan-bi walked towards the canteen. Nara told Dan-bi everything that happened yesterday and today. Dan-bi gave her a few advices. Nara can’t deny. She felt whole lot better after pouring out her feelings towards Yongguk and Dan-bi. She went for classes as per normal and finally the last bell rang, indicating the end of school. Her day was not that bad after all. She was glad that she met Yongguk today. She really liked Yongguk as a friend and a brother since he is older. Slowly, she forgets everything that happened between her, Jongup and Hara.

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello thank you so much to those who have read the story ^^ and I’m really sorry if my story is crappy /I’m not a good writer/ sorry if there is hardly any Jongup moments here. I will add him more in the next chapter  ^^ See you soon ^^