Chapter 17

You are my only love, oppa

 

Daehyun shut his door loudly, showing his disappointments and angriness. Those hurtful words Nara threw at him a while ago keep on replaying in his ears. ‘I promise to let you go Nara-ah … I promise …’ Daehyun shut his eyes tight and place a pillow on top of his face, trying to go to sleep and sleep his problems away. He really gave up in trying winning the heart of that girl. Yes his love for that girl is very deep but what’s the point of waiting and melting someone’s heart who clearly doesn’t even have a tinge of feeling towards you and will only feel miserable being with you? He just wants to see Nara happy. That’s the only thing he hope for in his life right now.

Nara on the other hand was still in the living room, crying her heart loud for the fact that Jongup left her but at the same time, she also felt guilty because she totally made Daehyun upset and angry for her words. Still, she can’t deny that she was also angry at Daehyun for asking Jongup to leave her because it was clear that she loves Jongup even though she was being engaged to Daehyun. ‘I should have been careful with my words … What did I just do …’ Nara thought to herself.

♦♦♦

The next day, instead of going to school with Nara, Daehyun decided to leave the house first. He tried to avoid Nara and leave her all alone since that was what she wanted. He thinks that is the best way to forget her, if he could. Daehyun quietly sneaks out of his room and down to the living room towards the entrance door.

‘Oppa, why are you going out this early? Aren’t we going to school together?’ Nara acted as if nothing happened yesterday night. Daehyun stopped his actions when he heard Nara from the kitchen.

‘Why is she awake already … WHYY!’ Daehyun shouted, soft enough only for him to hear it. He slowly turned around to look at Nara who was already staring at him. ‘Did you just say something, oppa?’ she asked in a low husky voice.

‘Eo? Nothing! Hey, I …I have something on right now … See you later alright! Bye!’ Daehyun quickly excused himself. He heaved a sigh when he was already outside the house. ‘Why is she acting as if nothing happened yesterday? What’s wrong with her?’ Daehyun questioned himself as he raised his brows. He quickly hop on his bike and went to s apartment.

♦♦♦

‘Hyung! Why are you here early in the morning? Where is Nara-unnie?’ Zelo who was wearing his school uniform asked. He looked all around to see if Nara was around.

‘Don’t bother asking about her. Just get ready quickly. I want to reach school early! Can you guys quickly prepare yourselves?’ Daehyun instructed while stacking up the magazines at the table properly. He do not want to answer any question that has got to do with Nara.

‘What’s wrong with you Daehyun? Why are you being like this out of a sudden? Did a fight occur between the both of you? Tell me! ’Yongguk who was preparing breakfast since just now pressed him for an answer.

‘Nothing hyung! Don’t …’

‘I said tell me!’ Yongguk raised his voice and gave Daehyun a scary look.

Daehyun who was scared of Yongguk finally told him what happened yesterday. It’s not that he did not want to tell Yongguk at first but it just hurt him to remember every single thing that happened yesterday night. It will only ruin his mood to think about it.

‘I know you’re hurt Jung Daehyun … I’m sure she didn’t mean to do that to you. Probably she didn’t purposely throw all those hurtful words to you. I think she’s just sad and confused with what had happened. Give her time. I’m sure she will come to her senses and she will make the right decision soon. Don’t talk to Mrs Jung yet. She will come to you soon Jung Daehyun. Trust your hyung …’ Yongguk patted on his shoulders and gave a faint smile.

‘I don’t think so hyung … She didn’t even want to listen to my explanations. She misunderstood what happened between me and Jongup. I …I just don’t know hyung. I gave up trying to make her fall for me. I don’t see any hopes for me to hold on any longer…’ Daehyun hung his head low, looking at the ground. Tears were trickling down his cheeks.

‘She needs time … Let her find out about that Jongup guy. If she knows the truth, there will be a huge twist happening. Let time heals it all Jung Daehyun … Trust me, ne? Yongguk tries to assure him once again. Daehyun mouthed the word thank you to his hyung and gave him a hug. The rest of the members who was watching them joined in to give Daehyun a comfort hug too.

‘Don’t worry Daehyun hyung. I’m sure you will find your happiness with Nara Unnie soon!’ Zelo tried to make him feel even better.

‘Yes Daehyun baby, we will make sure you won’t end off your engagement with Nara!’ Himchan echoed his thoughts.

‘I won’t let anyone hurt my best friend, ne? Cheer up!’ Youngjae added.

‘Yongguk broke the group hug and looked at his watch. ‘Guys! We’re going to be late! Let’s rush to school now!’

♦♦♦

‘Nara-ah! Wait!’ Jongup ran after her who was already at the school front gate.

‘Eo? Jongup-ah?’ Nara was shocked yet happy to actually see him who has broken off their relationship yesterday. ‘Is there anything that you want to say to me?’ Nara asked. She was hoping for Jongup to take back his words yesterday night. She really does not want Jongup to leave her side. She really loves him.

‘I … I’m sorry about yesterday … I really do not mean what I said. I regret every single word I said yesterday night. I really love you … I can’t deny that. Just that … Sigh, never mind … Can you give me the chance once again, Nara? I promise to treat you better from now onwards. I swear. Please? Let bygones be bygones. Accept me back?’ Nara looked into Jongup’s eyes as he uttered those words. She can really feel and see the sincerity in him. ‘Silly boy!’ she thought to herself.

Nara gave a smile before ruffling his hair. ‘Of course I will still accept you back, pabo! You know that I really loved you right? I was so sad and depressed when you asked for a break up yesterday!’

‘But … what about Daehyun? You’re engaged to him right? I can’t possibly be with you if the both of you are together …’ Jongup seemed hesitant to ask.

‘Well, it’s ok. We decided to call of the engagement! Daehyun oppa will talk to his Omma soon! I won’t be engaged to him anymore!’ Nara reassured him. She was happy that she finally got back together with Jongup.

‘ I see … Nara-ah let’s go for a date after school, ne? He said sweetly, hoping Nara would agree. Without hesitating, Nara agrees. It’s been a while since she went for a date with Jongup.

While the both of them were acting lovey dovey, Daehyun and s just reached the school front gate. They saw Nara and Jongup together.

‘Eo? Hyung! Isn’t that Nara Unnie and Jong … Jongup!’ Zelo gave Daehyun a nudge as he whispered into his ears.

‘Daehyun hyung…’ Youngjae gently pull Daehyun’s uniform and pointed towards Nara and Jongup. Daehyun let out a sigh and rolled his eyes upward. Yes of course he was jealous. Who wouldn’t but he knew that soon he and Nara would have nothing to do with each other. Daehyun who was hurt just walk into the school, leaving the rest of the members behind.

♦♦♦

Daehyun make his way to the rooftop during his break time. He wanted to be there alone and have a piece of mind. He can no longer bear with whatever that has happened to him. He thought that being engaged to Nara could be of an advantage for him but all it did was to hurt him. As he opened the door, he saw Nara who was eating her sandwich, alone.

‘Eo? Mian … I’ll leave …’ Daehyun was shocked to see Nara. He didn’t expect to see her there.

‘Oppa … Don’t leave! Come and eat lunch with me! I have extra sandwiches! Come here!’ Nara patted on the ground, asking Daehyun to sit beside her. Daehyun really wanted to reject her offer but his feet slowly walked towards Nara and his landed on the seat beside that girl. It was really awkward for Daehyun to be there with her.

‘So …’ Nara and Daehyun said at the same time. Nara let out a laugh. ‘You go ahead first!’

‘No it’s okay. Ladies first …’ Daehyun gave a faint smile. He was nervous to hear what that girl wanted to say.

‘Alright hmm … Oppa, I got back with Jongup already … I’m really sorry what I said yesterday. Err … By the way … I’m sorry to ask this but can I know when you’re going to tell your Omma that …’

‘Don’t worry … Give me a few more days. Omma is currently busy. I will tell her as soon as possible. Just bear with this engagement thingy a little while … I … I really have to go now. See you later!’ Daehyun seemed to be in a hurry to excuse himself. He waved and gave Nara a smile despite feeling hurt by her question.

♦♦♦

‘So are you ready to go on a date with me?’ Jongup who has been waiting for Nara for almost 25 minutes in front of the school gate asked when he finally sees her figure right in front of him.

‘Of course! I’m all ready to do anything with my honey!’ Nara replied as she gave him a broad smile.

‘Ready to do anything with me? Hmmm …’ Jongup winked.

‘WHAT? YAH Moon Jongup! What are you thinking?’ Nara shouted totally shocked with whatever Jongup is thinking at that point of time.

‘Haha! Relax baby! I was just joking! What do you think I was thinking huh … You must be thinking about something nonsensical right … Naughty baby … Tsk!’ Jongup teased. Nara face turned all red. She was feeling so embarrassed. ‘Okok don’t be embarrassed already! Your face is as red as cherry tomato! Let’s go for a cheesecake date? My treat!’ he continued after getting no response from Nara previously. Nara just gave him a nod. Jongup intertwined his fingers and walked to the bakery near their school.

♦♦♦

‘It really feels great to go on a date with you after quite some time. How I wish I would have done this from the beginning ...’ Jongup gave a weak smile as he looked on the ground.

‘Well we can have more dates in future alright? No worries! Just ring me and I’ll be right there!’ she answered in a tender voice. She then pulled Jongup in for a hug. She felt so comfortable being in his embrace at that point of time. It’s been a long time since she received such a warming hug from him.

‘Whoa … someone is on a date right now? Wow just wow …’ Jongup and Nara broke the hug, Jongup was really shocked to see a figure of a familiar girl standing right in front of them.

‘Wha … What are you doing here?’ Jongup asked in a stuttering manner. The girl gave scoffed and replied in a short answer, ‘Truth!’

♦♦♦

‘Just where is this girl? Why isn’t she back? It’s already late! Why does she have to make me all worry about her? Aish …’ Daehyun took out his mobile phone and tried to call Nara once again. It was the fifth time he tried contacting Nara but it failed, once again. He then reached out for his house keys and went out to find for Nara. Daehyun felt so relieved when he saw Nara outside the gate of their apartment the moment he stepped out. He was about to run towards Nara to give her a hug, knowing that she was safe but his actions got stopped when he saw Jongup running after Nara. Jongup gripped Nara’s hand and make her turned to face him. He then pushed her towards the wall and pressed his lips on hers. Daehyun jaw literally dropped when he saw the couple kissing right in front of him. He can’t deny that he felt hurt and jealous seeing them. He wished that was him who was kissing Nara at that moment.

‘Ouch … This really hurts, Nara-ah … Why do I always have to see you being all sweet and happy with him … I really wish that was me who makes you all happy.’ Daehyun who was heartbroken make his way back into the house. He can’t bear looking at them anymore.

♦♦♦

A few minutes later the door slowly creaks opened. Daehyun who was sitting on the couch turned to look at Nara who was all teary. She slowly approached towards Daehyun. She closed her eyes tight and heaved a heavy sigh.

‘So … you’re finally home. Great to see you back home! I’m going out to meet Omma right now. Stay at home and wait for me to come back. I’ll pack my stuffs after that and go back to live with the boys. You can go back to your house and be happy with your life without me. I won’t disturb you and Jongup already. I won’t make you miserable anymore. Just pack your stuff first …’ Daehyun took his bike keys and headed towards the door. Out of a sudden there was a strong grip on his wrist, preventing him from walking away. The girl finally speaks up, after a few minutes she stepped in the house.

‘Oppa … Jeongmal mian-he … I … I’m sorry for starting all of this & I’m truly sorry that it actually left us in this messy kind of state. I know it has been a wrong decision right from the beginning when I accepted your Omma’s marriage proposal. I don’t know what I was thinking when I accepted it. I admit I’m kind of regret accepting it …’ Nara heaved a heavy sigh before continuing her sentence. ‘I really didn’t foresee that this is going to happen. I didn’t mean to hurt you but I realise that I’ve cause a lot of pain in you. I really apologized what happened yesterday. If you don’t mind … can you give me the chance to make things right? I don’t know but … I’m really willing to give a try on this relationship right now. I’m willing to open my heart for you and accept you to be a part of my life. Please don’t leave me … Stay right by my side and fix me … Please?’


Not a good one i think .. i did it in a rush and there was some changes i made to it at the very last min .. to be honest i at descriptive writing T.T sorry if it were to disappoint ya guys. i'll try to improve on it! well see you guys in the next update! xoxo love ya guys