Chapter 18

You are my only love, oppa

 

‘I don’t think I’m able to Nara-ah… I just can’t. How am I going to stay by your side when you are still in love with Jongup, Nara-ah? I’m really hurting. I don’t show it to you but I really can’t deny this pain I’m feeling whenever I see you with Jongup. It really hurts me seeing you and Jongup together when I’m actually engaged to you. I really don’t like this idea of pretending to be engaged when I really have feelings for you. I know you actually don’t have feelings for me right? Don’t force yourself to do this Nara-ah. Don’t try to open up and accept me if you can’t. I’ll find my way to forget you. Don’t take sympathy on me and don’t do all of this out of sympathy. I’ll be more hurt Nara-ah. Let’s just end all this misery, ne? It’s time to start afresh… I’ll meet Omma. Don’t worry nothing is going to happen. Just that thing will be how it should be like right from the beginning. I’ll take my leave … Go and pack your stuff.’ Daehyun forced a smile on his face and gently Nara’s hair. ‘One more thing, I really love you Nara-ah…  I hope you will always bear that in your mind … Always take care of yourself…’ Daehyun whispered under his breath... He slowly walks towards the door.

‘Oppa! No! Please … I’m not forcing myself to accept you. I’m just trying all this for the sake to make the both of us happy. I don’t want to hurt you anymore… I don’t want to see you suffering all because of me already. Let me fix that broken heart of yours… Please? Give me that chance…’ Nara ran towards Daehyun who was already at the door step. She gave him a very tight back hug.

‘Nara-ah… Don’t do this. Jongup will feel hurt if he sees you hugging me like this.’ Daehyun tried to free himself from that girl’s hug. He really wants to stay at that position but he just think that it’s not appropriate to behave that way even though they’re actually engaged.

‘It’s all over … between me and Jongup. It’s over, oppa. So please … Give me the chance to make things right. Don’t leave me. You’re the only one I have in my life right now. I don’t want to lose another person that is important to me …’ Daehyun felt his back wet. He turned to look at the girl who was crying right behind him. He let go of Nara’s hands on his waist and turned to face her.

‘What happened, sweetie? Come and share with me … Let go the entire pain you are feeling right now. It’s really painful for me to see you like this…’ He slowly lifted up her cheek and look at her. He wiped away the tears that were on trickling down her cheeks.

*Flashback*

‘It really feels great to go on a date with you after quite some time. How I wish I would have done this from the beginning ...’ Jongup gave a weak smile as he looked on the ground.

‘Well we can have more dates in future alright? No worries! Just ring me and I’ll be right there!’ she answered in a tender voice. She then pulled Jongup in for a hug. She felt so comfortable being in his embrace at that point of time. It’s been a long time since she received such a warming hug from him.

‘Whoa … someone is on a date right now? Wow just wow …’ Jongup and Nara broke the hug, Jongup was really shocked to see a figure of a familiar girl standing right in front of them.

‘Wha … What are you doing here?’ Jongup asked in a stuttering manner. The girl gave scoffed and replied in a short answer, ‘Truth!’

‘What truth Hara-Unnie? I don’t understand… What’s going on Jongup-ah? ’Nara was clueless. She has no single idea what Hara was talking about.

‘Well, this guy over here just obeyed what I instructed him to do. He has no sincerely feelings for you. He was just trying to help me to get back at you. You know what I’m trying to say right? To cut it short, he basically doesn’t love you, Nara-ah. It was just an act right from the beginning. We pretended to break up and I asked him to go after you and then leave you after you’ve got hurt but well, he’s actually totally into you now that he wants a break up with me to go after you. How dare he do that after he…’

‘STOP IT! I DON’T WANT TO HEAR IT ALREADY!’ Nara gave a Jongup a slap on his cheek ‘How dare you do this to me, Moon Jongup. Why can’t I realise this right from the start? I should have known when you actually defended Hara instead of me… Don’t ever appear right in front of me ever again. I don’t want to see or talk to you anymore! You understand?!’ There were hoots of surprise and rage.

‘Nara wait! Let me explain things first, I beg you …’ Jongup pulled her hand to prevent her from leaving.

‘Let go! I don’t want to listen to any explanations from you! It’s all over, Moon Jongup!’ Nara freed herself from Jongup’s grip and ran to her house which is nearby.

*End of flashback*

‘What? I really don’t expect this to happened Nara-ah… I hope you’re okay. Don’t feel sad Nara-ah… But, Jongup does have feelings for you… Why can’t you forgive him and give him a chance? You loved him too right?’ Daehyun asked hesitantly. He was curious why she can’t forgive Jongup.

‘After what he have done to me… I can’t forgive him already… I would rather open up my heart for someone who has always loved me right from the beginning and that’s you… Will you please forgive me and give me a chance, oppa? Let me make it up to you…’ Nara stared into his eyes, hoping for a yes as an answer. She badly wants to start afresh. She just hope that Daehyun won’t think that she is just making use of him.

Before Daehyun could even answer Nara, the doorbell rang. Daehyun signalled Nara to wait for him at the couch while he open the door.

‘Jongup? What do you want? Nara doesn’t want to see you!’ Daehyun raised his voice slightly, shocked to see Jongup at his doorstep.

‘Please … Let me see her, I badly want to apologise and explain things to her… I really regret what I’ve did to her…’ Jongup sounded really regretful.

‘I really don’t want to see you. Even if I’ve forgiven you, we can never ever get back together Jongup. I think it’s best if we just stay as friends. We went through a lot when are together. Maybe it’s fate that we’re not meant for each other… Let’s just forget everything and move on, Jongup-ah..’ Nara finally speaks up.

‘But, I really love you, Nara-ah. I don’t want to lose you please … give me one last chance.. I’ll promise to treat you right …’ Jongup begged.

‘I … I’m really sorry to interfere but Jongup, Nara said that it’s over between the both of you already. Stop bothering her! As her fiancé, I really hope you will leave her all alone. Don’t worry about her already. I really love Nara. I can take care of her ten times better than you. I won’t hurt her. I won’t leave her. I won’t let anyone harm her. I’m willing to sacrifice my anything for her. She’s my world. I’ll make sure I will treat her right with all my might. I’m going to make her smile every single day of my life. Please, give me the honour to do that. I’m throwing away my pride to beg you Jongup. Nara is finally opening her heart and she is finally accepting me. Please let me be the one to fix her and make her happy … Please?’ Daehyun finally kneeled on the ground.

Nara and Jongup was speechless to see Daehyun’s sincerity.

‘Oppa, what are you doing? Don’t do this… Stand up!’ Nara pulled him up. ‘Just leave Jongup. It’s going to be impossible between the both of us already. Just leave and lead a happy life without me. I don’t think we’re meant for each other… I’m sorry.’ Nara apologised.

‘Treat her right, hyung. I think she will be happier with you. I’ll always love you, Nara-ah. Goodbye…’ Jongup finally give up. He bid goodbye and left the place with a sad and disappointed expression all over his face.

‘Thank you so much, oppa … I really hope things will go right from this moment onwards…’ Nara showed a faint smile. ‘By the way, do you really mean what you said just now?’ Nara asked out of curiosity. She wants to make sure what she heard just now was true. She don’t want to listen to only sweet words coming out from Daehyun’s mouth.

Daehyun let out a sigh and slowly form a smile on his face. He took Nara’s hand and look at her straight in her eyes. ‘Nara-ah, I’ve always meant those words I said to you. I really love you. I really want to take care of you and make you happy but I never had the chance to do so. And you never gave me the chance to prove my love towards you. Now that I really have the chance, I really want to show that I can take good care of you. I can do it ten times better compared to Jongup. Trust me Nara-ah…’

Tears started forming in Nara’s eyes. She slowly pulled Daehyun in and kissed him on his lips. Daehyun lips finally met hers. She could feel a spark when she kissed him. ‘I really have to treat this man right … I’m so going to open up to him and slowly fall in love with him. Do things that are going to make me fall for you, Daehyun oppa…’ Nara whispered under her breath. 


Hello! Just a short update for you guys heheh ^^ going to make this chapter a touching one before i continue to add conflicts in the story hehe xp So Daehyun and Nara relationship is finally okay! ^.^ YAY but what will actually happen next week? will this actually last? :O hahah! 

so yeah, please continue to support my story. i'll update once again next week! love you guys a lot xx