Chapter 27

Date Me If You Can
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara knocked softly at Daesung’s bedroom door. She opened it slightly and took a peek inside and found his brother reading a book.

“Daesungie!!!!” Dara barged inside the room and snuggled beside him. “Do you have plans today?”

Daesung smiled weakly and shook his head.

Dara sighed, it has been a week since they arrived but Daesung has done nothing but hide in his room. He will only leave his room when it’s time to eat or when he needs to go to the police for investigations.

“Ok. Just tell me if you want to go somewhere and Noona will take you ok?” Dara sadly turned around and headed for the door.

Daesung felt guilty since it’s been a week that his noona’s have been all over him taking turns on trying to make him feel good. Honestly he has one place that he wants to go to only he’s not sure if he’s family would take him.

“Noona.” Daesung called before Dara could hold the doorknob. “There is one place I want to go. You think you can take me there?”

Dara turned around and smiled softly at her dongsaeng. “Where?”

 

--

 

Daesung looked at Dara who was by the pool looking lost in her own thoughts. When everyone is fast asleep Dara would always hang around by the pool and be lost in her own world until the break of dawn.

This has got to stop. Daesung thought as he continues to watch his sister, he quietly approached her and sat beside her.

“Can’t sleep?” Daesung asked as he dipped his feet together on the pool.

Dara didn’t turn and just nodded her head. “How about you? Aren’t you tired from our trip today?”

Daesung and she went to meet the family of the victim. The amount of mental and emotional stress was enough to tire the two of them. After that they also went to a nearby church where Daesung cried for almost 3 hours.

“Not really I’m a little relieved after talking to them. And you? You’ve been coming to this place every night since you got here.” Daesung asked again.

“Well…” Dara smiled and let out a big sigh.

“Noona…”Daesung hesitated to ask about Donghae.

“It’s ok Daesungie.” Dara answered right away to prevent him to say whatever he was going to say.

“Of course it’s not Noona, it’s never been ok.” Daesung told her sister. “You should talk to him.”

Dara couldn’t say anything and just shook her head.

“Weh? Because you hurt him? The more you should go to see him.” Daesung advised.

“Too much time has passed already. I think I’m a little too late.” Dara replied.

“Nothing is too late when you want to say sorry. I should know.” Daesung said.

Dara leaned her head on Daesung’s shoulder. “Well I think, this is going to be the first.”

 

--

 

“So what’s up with you?” Eunhyuk asked Donghae. The two of them are in their usual spot by the balcony with a bottle of beer each.

Donghae took a sip and looked at Eunhyuk. “What’s up with what?”

Eunhyuk shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know. Have you thought about what Jiyong asked you?”

Donghae smirked and shook his head. “Not gonna happen dude.”

“Why?” Eunhyuk asked further.

“What do you mean why? You know the reason why.” Donghae answered back.

“But times have changed Hae.”

“Dude, stop. Please. Have you forgotten how hard it was for me?” Donghae asked his friend getting pissed.

“I remember but look at you.” Eunhyuk pointed at him. “Ever since you heard that she was back you’re a complete mess.”

“Look, I’m not going to see her. End of discussion.” Donghae answered and then took another sip of beer.

 

--

“You think this will fit the oppas?” Minzy asked the attendant at the shop they were looking clothes for their brothers.

“We have your brother’s sizes here we can just match it if you want to be sure Miss.” The attendant politely answered.

“Yes please!” Minzy smiled brightly. “This is for Seungri Oppa and this one is for Daesungie Oppa.”

The attendant got the sample clothes and went to check for the boy’s sizes while Minzy approached Dara who was busy scanning through the other clothes.

“I think this would look nice at Jiyongie Oppa.” Dara showed Minzy and the latter nodded.

The two of them finished showing the attendant everything they want to buy for their brothers and was already paying when Super Junior suddenly entered the store.

“Oh! Minzy!!!!” Kyuhun excitedly greeted upon seeing the girls by the cashier.

Minzy and Dara turned and saw them. “Oppa!” Minzy waved and greeted.

Dara’s heart stopped upon seeing the last person to enter the store. Yes, it was Donghae. A different looking Donghae,  A cold city guy looking Donghae, Far from the baby faced Donghae she left years ago. She felt a pinch in her heart upon seeing the changed Donghae.

“Noona Anneong!” Kyuhun greeted. There were new members of Super Junior Zhoumi and Henry who greeted them also.

Dara gave up a weak smile, feeling hurt that Donghae wasn’t even making eye contact to her at all.

“Miss here are your purchases.” The attendant told Dara and handed over 5 big paper bags.

“YAH DONGHAE-ah! Why did you-“ Eunhyuk entered the store with Shindong behind him but suddenly halted at the sight of Dara and Minzy and Donghae in one eye view.

“OH. .” Eunhyuk muttered.

“Anneonghaseo.” Dara greeted all of them after getting the bags. Eunhyuk and Shindong greeted her too.

“Minzy we better get going Bom might be looking for us now.” Dara said as an excuse. Minzy catching up with the awkward atmosphere nodded and smiled at Super Junior.

“Oppas see you around!” Minzy said walking behind Dara towards the exit.

“Hyung kinchana?” Henry who was not aware of how grave the situation was asked Donghae.

Dara paused for a moment and waited for the answer while Minzy worriedly looked at her.

Eunhyuk, Shindong and Kyuhun held their breath for the answer.

Donghae patted Henry at the back and smiled. “Of course I’m ok. Why wouldn’t I be?”

Eunhyuk closed his eyes upon hearing it. Shindong looked down on his feet feeling awkward and Kyuhun just shook his head.

Dara felt like something heavy was pressed on her heart, Minzy pulled her and the two of them walked out of the store.

 

--

 

“He hates me.” Dara told Daesung.

It was the night of the same day that Dara crossed paths with Donghae at the mall. She was quiet the whole afternoon and evening and she even made Minzy promise never to tell anyone about the incident especially their older brothers.

“Who?” Daesung asked and his sister raised an eyebrow at him. “Ah. Donghae?”

Sil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter