Chapter 20

Date Me If You Can
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month has passed and things are not turning out good for both Donghae and Dara.  With all the promotions Super Junior is doing they barely see each other anymore. Dara has become busier with university and taking care of her mother’s clothing line.

Lately, reporters have been following her daily activities may it be meeting up with clients or schoolmates for school projects.  Rumors have started that the two have broken up as Dara was often seen partying with her brothers and sisters, but in reality it’s their tactic to get endorsers or clients for their clothing line business.

Jiyong was happy about the rumors and how the two have been seeing lesser. He was so happy that he agreed to give the girl’s bodyguards a week off this week. The girls were of course so happy about it that finally their oppa has been coming to his senses.

Donghae on the other hand was ok with it at first and understood what was happening but things are getting out of hand that he asked Dara if she could meet him at their company to talk for a few minutes.

Dara was excited to see him; it has been a month since she saw him. Minzy who is forever a Super Junior fan begged her to take her along and just so she can squeeze out of a dinner meeting with Bom she took her along telling Bom that she’ll take Minzy for her dermatologist check up. The last time was when he randomly stopped in front of their house to give her a goodnight hug. They entered the company and felt a little bit awkward as they were both from the YG side.

“Oh Oppa!” Minzy waved at Yesung who was walking towards them.

Yesung glanced and saw Dara then suddenly his facial reaction changed and just bowed his head without even stopping to greet them.

“Oh, why was he like that?” Minzy asked Dara who in return shrugged her shoulders.

Dara pressed the up button of the elevator and when the door opened Sungmin got off.

“Oh Sungmin-shii anneong” Dara greeted smiling.

Sungmin bowed at her and then headed off without even saying anything to them.

“I think they’re all having a bad day.” Minzy told her sister pouting.

“Maybe they’re just tired.” Dara answered.

The elevator reached the floor where Super Junior’s dance studio is located and when they got off Ryeowook and Kyuhun were talking to each other  by the door.

“Kyu!” Minzy shouted and waved at him.

The two glanced and saw the two girls walking towards them Kyuhun smiled at them but Ryeowook’s facial reaction changed.

“What are you doing here?” Kyuhun asked.

“Ahhh Unnie and Donghae Oppa have something to talk about. What’s going on? We passed by Yesung and Sungmin Oppa but they just bowed.” Minzy asked Kyuhun.

Kyuhun hesitated to answer but Ryeowook had to say what’s on his mind. 

“You mean you guys don’t know? Haven’t you seen the news lately? Or you just completely ignore other people’s feelings?” Ryeowook ranted.

“What?” Minzy asked clueless of what Ryeowook was talking about.

“Yah! Enough! That’s none of our business!” Kyuhun told him.

“Why? It’s our business because Donghae hyung is a member and therefore Suju is included in this mess too!” Ryeowook objected. “Noona, I love you dearly, all of your family actually but do you really have to be this naïve? Don’t you even think of what others will say because of your carelessness?’

Dara was caught off guard that she just stared at the two guys. “Huh?”

“Don’t you know how distraught Donghae Hyung gets with your scandals? He can’t eat, sleep, dance well, he gets lost in his own world and the worse part of it all he has to pretend he’s ok every time the camera is on!” Ryeowook continued with his ranting while Kyuhun tries to stop him.

“Hey that’s unfair! Why are you blaming my unnie for that! Those aren’t even true! Unnie was just going there so she can get deals with her clothing line!” Minzy defended her sister.

“Minzy enough. Sorry if you feel that way. Sorry if I am giving your hyung a hard time. Don’t worry I’ll try to fix it.” Dara apologized.

“Go.” Ryeowook said pointing at the dance studio door.

Dara entered while Minzy stayed outside. When she opened the door the boys were at the floor discussing something, when they saw her enter one by one their expressions changed and each of them stood up and walked pass her looking disappointed.

Siwon stopped in front of her and gave her a pat on the back. “It’s going to be fine.”

Dara gave him smile but her heart weakened upon seeing Donghae’s expression. He wasn’t in a good mood either. In fact this is the first time she has seen him mad.

“Hey babe.” Dara greeted as soon as they were alone in the studio but Donghae didn’t say anything.

Dara’s heart thumped loudly as Donghae sat beside her by the bench his head low and not talking.

“Babe? Are we ok?” Dara asked trying to get him to talk.

Donghae lifted his head and looked at her like she said something really stupid. “Are we ok?” Donghae copied. He stood up and got the newspapers on top of the music player and threw it in front of Dara’s feet.

“Look!” He said angrily. “Tell me, are we ok?”

Dara picked up the newspaper and saw her pictures at the front page of each of them. 

“Oppa… these are not true. You know what I was doing. I was reporting it to you.” Dara reassured him.

“That’s not the point Dara!” Donghae was now trying to calm himself down but in reality he just wants to throw everything he sees in that room.

“Then what is?” Dara retorted.

“What? What’s the point? You really don’t know?” Donghae asked getting even more pissed.

“I tell you whenever I go out. I call you before and after I go out. You know where I go and who I’m with. I’m not cheating. What’s the problem?” Dara asked getting mad herself. She doesn’t get why Donghae is acting all mad at things he knew were happening.

“YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS?” Donghae finally lost it and started shouting. “CAN’T YOU EVEN THINK BEFORE DOING THESE THINGS?”

“WHAT THINGS? I’M NOT DOING ANYTHING BAD DONGHAE!!! THIS IS SO UNFAIR OF YOU!!!” Dara shouted back.

“UNFAIR?! HOW AM I UNFAIR?!?!” Donghae couldn’t believe that Dara is insisting that she’s right this time.

“YES! UNFAIR! YOU KNOW WHERE I WAS AND THAT I’M NOT DOING ANYTHING THAT’S WRITTEN IN THESE NEWSPAPER YET YOU BELIEVE THEM MORE THAN ME!!!!” Dara defended.

Donghae curled his hand into a fist. “IT’S NOT THAT YOU’RE DOING ANYTHING DARA!!! IT’S YOU BEING CARELESS GETTING SEEN LIKE THESE!!! HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF I WERE THE ONE IN THESE NEWSPAPERS!?!?!”

“WHY WOULD I BELIEVE THOSE NEWSPAPERS ANYWAYS!!!” Dara shouted back, her eyes getting watery.

“YOU DON’T GET IT!!!” Donghae said.

“YES I DON’T GET IT!!! I DON’T GET WHY YOU’RE GETTING MAD OVER SOMETHING THAT YOU KNOW IT’S NOT TRUE!!!” Dara angrily pointed her finger at the newspapers.

“AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!” Donghae shouted releasing all his anger and how Dara doesn’t get his point.

“DONGHAE!” The two turned and saw Leeteuk by the door. “That’s enough. Both of you are angry right now so nothing will be solved this way.”

Siwon followed Leeteuk and saw that Dara was on the verge of crying. “Maybe you guys should talk some other time.”

Donghae turned his back and walked out of the dance studio slamming the door. Dara could no longer hold it in and started crying. Leeteuk and Siwon looked at each other and sighed. Donghae was deeply in love with Dara and they both knew he didn’t really want to get mad.

Siwon slightly patted Dara at the back while Leeteuk tried to console her. “It’s ok Dara. Donghae was probably tired. Just give it some time and I’m sure the two of you will be able to settle this.”

Just then the door opened and Minzy came in with Kyuhun and Eunhyuk behind her. “UNNIE!”

Minzy hugged her sister immediately. “What happened?”

“He… was… mad… I… don’t… I …” Dara choked as she tried to talk while crying so hard.

“Of course he’s mad! Why wouldn’t he be!” Kyuhun suddenly blurted out.

“Why would he get mad my sister isn’t doing anything at all!” Minzy objected.

“It’s not that Minzy. Haven’t you figure out Donghae yet? He’s so sensitive. Even with us he easily gets hyped up.” Siwon explained.

“So what’s his problem anyways.” Minzy asked irritated.

“It’s the fact that Dara gets to spend time with all those people and less with him. He’s just jealous. The thing is he’s not mad at Dara. He’s mad at himself for not being able to have time for her, and how Dara is ok with everything this way.” Leeteuk answered.

Dara felt a pinch of pain in her heart upon hearing Leeteuk’s explanation.  He was right. She never really thought about how Donghae will feel and just believed that it was ok with him.

Dara wiped the tears on her cheeks and looked at the boys. “Thank  you for understanding oppas. Sorry for hurting you as well. I’ll take care of my actions from now on.”

--

 

It’s the fact that Dara gets to spend time with all those people and less with him. Leeteuk’s words lingered in Dara’s head.

“Unnie… kinchana?” Minzy asked upon seeing Dara gazing off to outer space.

Dara sighed and just nodded. “Can you guys drop me off in Hongdae?”

Minzy looked at her sister. “Unnie..”

“Don’t worry I just want to be alone. I’ll be in NB if someone asks.” Dara told her sister. “I just want to be alone ri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter