Chapter 9

Date Me If You Can
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ryeowook-shii, your kimchi pancake and kalbi jim is superb!” Eunju told Ryeowook who in return smiled and was very pleased.

It was Sunday night and Donghae and the other members are having dinner with the Yangs. They were all very nervous to the point of Eunhyuk begging Leeteuk if he could go home because he thinks someone will shoot them once they arrived. Not all the Super Junior members joined them as some have commitments already. Donghae brought Ryeowook since he knows how to cook, Sungmin because he knows martial arts and they need someone to defend them if something bad happens. Eunhyuk because he’s Donghae’s bestfriend, Kyuhun because he goes well with Minzy. Siwon because with his father’s connections YG wouldn’t want to hurt him and of course Leeteuk because he’s the leader so he needs to accompany s.

“Donghae-shii, bring him along every time you are here ok? So I can learn a few more recipes!” Eunju said smiling at Donghae. “I heard you like Ojinguh Bokum. Eat some more!”

“Ah yes, Thank you mam.” Donghae answered politely.

“Ah no, I should be the one to thank you. It’s been awhile since we had visitors here and I’m so glad to cook for you guys! You see my boys are always busy so they usually just eat ramyun or whatever they find in the fridge. It’s only during Sundays that I get to cook a few dishes.” Eunju explained.

“That’s why when I told her you guys were coming she panicked and hurriedly went to the supermarket to buy ingredients!” YG teased his wife.

The members smiled sheepishly and thanked Eunju for the gesture.

“So, Big Bang are still in Japan sir?” Leeteuk started the conversation to ease up the awkwardness.

“Yes, they won’t be back for 3 weeks.” YG answered.

“You enslave my boys too much!” Eunju suddenly told her husband.

“Yah! Of course not! It’s them who work hard. I ask them to go on a vacation and Jiyong goes to the studio to write songs. Then, Yongbae goes to the dance studio to practice dancing.” YG answered back.

“Seriously? Super Junior is in our house and you two are bickering about Big Bang?” Bom said in English, frowning at her parents.

“Ah yeah. Sorry about that.” YG said realizing they have guests. “So Donghae, how are your parents?”

“Uhmm my mother is doing all right sir.”  Donghae answered awkwardly. The other members looked at each other.

“And your father? Is he still working?”Eunju asked eagerly smiling at him.

“Uhm…” Donghae paused for a moment.

“Uhmmm sorry I forgot to tell them.” Dara answered for him. “Donghae’s father died 2 years ago.”

The room fell silent as they all felt awkward with the topic.

“Oh my gosh. I’m sorry. Dara, you should have told us in advance. Sorry Donghae I’m very sorry.” Eunju apologized.

“Sorry to hear that.” YG backed her up.

“Uhm… It’s all right. You didn’t know.” Donghae told them.

“So you like Dara Unnie?” CL suddenly blurted out.

Everyone froze at their seats shocked at CL’s bluntness.

“Chaerin!” Eunju reprimanded her. “Forgive my daughter’s bluntness. I think staying in the U.S. for a couple of years has liberated them so much.”

“It’s all right dongsaengs have an excuse to be cute and yes. I like your Unnie very much. What reason would I have to drag these Super Junior members here in YG Sajangnim’s mansion?” Donghae answered bluntly. “ I’m sorry for my forwardness but I thought it was best to be honest with my intentions. It’s not as if I’m going to marry her right away I just want to be honest that I want to date her if she would permit it.”

Eunju’s innerself was doing cartwheels, ecstatic that someone actually took the courage to ask them if they could date Dara.

“Well, I appreciate your honesty Donghae, I would be frank with you too. I told you last time that if it’s all right with my daughter then it is all right with me. We all know that they are all adopted but I always treated them like I went through hours of labor to bring them out to this world. For me, my children’s happiness always comes before my own. I am only here to guide them. Now, man to man I am telling you to take care of her like how her brothers do and promise me that you will always protect her. Just make her happy and we’re all good. Break her heart and I will go to SM myself and break you.” YG warned in front of the others members and his daughters.

Donghae gulped hard and turned white.

“APPA!!!” Dara exclaimed at her father.

“Aigoo… Jagiyo… Don’t be like that. Donghae, it is all right for you to date, just remember Dara is still young and she is still in University. As a mother I have a lot of dreams for her that I would like her to achieve so please don’t get married very soon most likely 10 years?” Eunju told him.

“OMMA!” Dara told her mother as she placed her palm on her face not believing what her parents are saying.

“Why do I feel like we’re families meeting for a marriage proposal?” Eunhyuk suddenly blurted out loudly that everyone turned their heads and stared at him.

A burst of laughter filled the air as they all realized that Eunhyuk did have a point.

 

After dinner…

 

“Sorry about my parents.” Dara apologized once again. They were all at the lounge area and the members together with the girls are playing charades while Donghae and Dara were chatting. YG and Eunju were sitting across from them watching and laughing at the people trying to act out the word they want the others to guess.

“What are you talking about? It turned out better than what we expected.” Donghae told her.

“Why? What were you expecting?” Dara asked raising one eyebrow.

“Oh I don’t know. Guns, shooting, extensive body search, blood.” Donghae joked and Dara playfully slapped him on the chest.

“So? Do you think he likes me?” Donghae asked Dara while pointing his head on YG’s direction.

“My dad? Uhm why? Wanna take him on a date?” Dara said trying to hold on her laugh.

“Oh gosh, he told you that?” Donghae asked embarrassed at the mistake he made of asking YG out instead of Dara.

Dara nodded and laughed. “Sorry, but yes.” Donghae covered his face with his hands.

Dara pinched his cheeks. “Aigoo… there you are again with your cuteness.”

Donghae removed his palm from his face and smiled at her.

“So…” Donghae said smiling and staring at Dara.

Omo! Dara thought to herself as Donghae looks into her eyes with that handsome smile. “So?” she answers while her heart flutters.

“I now have your parent’s permission. You think you can give me a chance for a date?” Donghae asked still staring

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter