Chapter 22

Date Me If You Can
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So are you done packing?” Donghae asked Dara over the phone. 

It has been 2 weeks since the girls decided to leave Seoul and study in New York.  YG wasn’t pleased at first but after more persuasion and a lot of arguments he finally gave in. Eunju was definitely not happy of the thought of losing her girls but she can’t even convince Minzy to stay. 

“Yeah The box was picked up by the courier today. Most likely it’s going to be there when we arrive.” Dara answered lying down on her bed. 

“And the place you’re going to stay at?” Donghae continued asking. He was sitting at the couch all alone at Super Junior’s dorm. 

“It’s actually a floor higher than Mom’s cousin’s place so yes it’s safe. And it’s near our campus.” Dara answered diligently she knows Donghae is hiding how he really feels and she just didn’t want to push it on him that she’s so eager to leave. 

Donghae leaned on the back rest of the couch and closed his eyes for a moment. “Minzy and CL how about their schools?” 

“It’s walking distance from our apartment. Our aunt fixed all their transfer papers. Everything is set.” Dara closed her eyes praying he wouldn’t misunderstand her comment. 

“And your brothers?” 

“Well Top Oppa weren’t really too happy of sending us there but my internship is really a good opportunity that he couldn’t even tell himself to say no. Yongbae was of course very happy about me doing my thing only he’s not very happy that CL and Minzy were tagging along. Daesung was sad because believe it or not he really likes hanging out with us. Seungri is being Jiyong’s apprentice and hating everything that’s happening. Jiyong is on the rampage trying so much to pick out a fight with me only I’m too mad at him to even mind why he’s even breathing.” Dara finished relaying everything and wishing they would talk about something else. 

Donghae sighed. It’s getting real as the day passes by. He thought. Siwon didn’t mind that Bom and him are going to separate. At least he has the assurance that they would still be together. With Dara and him, it was different. 

They’ve already talked about it and both have decided that as soon as Dara leaves for the U.S. their relationship will end too. Neither of them wanted to neither be in a long distance relationship nor give up their personal life for the other. Donghae can’t just pack up and leave for Dara he has a contract with SM and he can’t possibly abandon Super Junior just like that. 

Dara already made her decision and though she loves Donghae with all her heart, she really can’t let go of the opportunity that’s right in front of her. 

“Hey Oppa… We’ve talked about this.” Dara suddenly broke her silence. 

“I know… I know. It’s just hard you know.” Donghae opened his eyes and looked at the empty dorm. He wishes s are here right now at least he would forget about what was going to happen. 

“Try not to think about it.” Dara said trying to cheer her boyfriend up. 

“Kinda hard not to when everyone around me is asking about it.” Donghae sighed again pinching the bridge of his nose. 

“Hey, I demand you stop sulking right now!” Dara raised her voice. 


There was complete silence again between them. Donghae didn’t know how to respond and Dara don’t know what else to say. 


“Oppa… you know I’d still go to you when I come back right?” Dara lied. She didn’t want to but she did, because Donghae is at his weakest point right now and she can’t take it that it’s because of her. 


Donghae caught the lie but he’d rather believe it right now than hurting himself even more.  “Hmmm… I don’t know, you see there’s a long line waiting for me you know… so I’m not so sure…” 

“OPPAAA!!!!” 

 

 

--

 

 

“Hyung when do they leave again?” Daesung asked Yongbae who was sitting on the couch waiting his turn to be fixed up.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter