Chapter 24

Date Me If You Can
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After 2 years…

May 2011

Jefferson Park, New York City

Dara was sitting on a bench facing the Hudson River. She had a meeting with a client that lives nearby and she took a bit of a break to sit down and think.

A lot has already happened. Can’t believe it’s been 2 years.  Dara thought to herself. It has been 2 years since Dara and her sisters packed their bags and headed to New York for a more peaceful life.

Bom, Dara and CL are have finished university and are now working.

Bom owns a café, a Korean restaurant, a fashion boutique that is being run by Dara and now she’s into events planning in New York. She opened a franchise of her café which is co-owned by Siwon.

Dara runs the fashion boutique Bom owns, she designs the clothes and is slowly being recognized in the New York fashion industry.

CL works in an interior design firm and is at the top of the game. Their good friend Jeremy Scott asked her to renovate one of his boutiques and ever since then her referrals have poured in.

Minzy is now in university taking up two courses Music and Business Management. Her sisters often make fun of her and tell her she will be the next to run YG and it’s her turn to take revenge from their brothers.

I wonder how he is. Dara sighed.  It has been 2 years since Donghae and she talked. After the little drama they had at the girl’s place Donghae went back to Korea and that was the last time they talked.

It was hard for her then and it is still hard now. He kept calling, sending emails, and writing letters and even tried to see her and came back to New York.  

-flashback-

“Are you really not going to see him?” Chaerin asked Dara through a text message. She had a meeting early in the morning that she left already when Donghae knocked on their door. Chaerin sent her a message saying Donghae was in New York for a day again and that he was hoping to see her.

“I’m sorry I’m packed today. I’m meeting up with a magazine editor they want to use my pieces for a photoshoot.” Dara lied and sat on a bench at the park she went to.

The truth is her client meeting has ended already but she was just not ready to face Donghae again.

RRRRIIIINNNNGGGGG

“Oh Chaerin.” Dara answered her mobile.

“Unnie, Donghae Oppa left already.” CL informed her sister.

“Ah is that so? Too bad.” Dara said. “I gotta go. Talk to you later.”

RRRRRIIINNNNGGGGGG

“Hello?”

“Are you that busy you can’t even see me even for a minute?” Donghae greeted.

Dara froze and stood still. She was actually at the park near their place waiting for Donghae to leave so that she could come home.

“Uhm… yeah, sorry I didn’t know you were coming.” Dara lied.

“If I told you I was coming you would find another excuse to leave the state.” Donghae joked but Dara felt awkward.

“Are you still with your client?”Donghae asked.

“Uhm yeah it’s going to take me the whole day and probably do overtime to finish.” Dara continued to pretend.

“Ok. Oh I want you hear something can you close your eyes?” Donghae asked.

“If I’m just going to listen to it why do I need to close your eyes.”Dara wondered what Donghae was up to now.

“Well I want to know what you’ll imagine when you hear it.”

“Ok. Fine.” Dara said closing her eyes.

Just then Donghae got out from the tree he was hiding from and walked towards Dara who’s back was facing him. He then wrapped his arms around her and embraced her tightly.

Dara was surprised and was about to open her eyes but Donghae suddenly spoked. “No. Just close it. Let’s just stay like this for a moment. Don’t open your eyes until I say so”

For a minute Donghae embraced Dara tightly and the girl could feel his heartbeat. “Take care of yourself Tokki.”

Donghae let go and walked away and could hear Dara sniffing from their phone conversation. “I still love you Tokki.”

Donghae ended the call and rode the car that was taking him to the airport for his flight to L.A.

Dara broke down and cried her heart out overwhelmed with emotions for Donghae.

“I still love you too.” She whispered but it was too late. Donghae was nowhere near her and their conversation has ended.

-End of flashback-

After that Donghae still tried to call her but Dara was too stubborn and wouldn’t take any of it. Due to Super Junior getting attention worldwide, Donghae’s scheduled did not permit anymore short visits to New York.

“I knew I’d find you here.” Someone from behind Dara said. She turned around and saw Chaerin behind her.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” Dara asked.

“I have a lot going on in the office today so I decided to walk for awhile here to catch a breather.” Chaerin answered seating beside her sister.

The two became quiet and just stared at the river in front of them. Every thing was fast pacing in New York and if you can’t keep up, it will eat you alive. That’s why the 4 of them became even closer as time passes by.

“You know Hyukjae called me last night.” Chaerin broke her silence.

Dara looked at her sister and wondered why she would bring up Eunhyuk all of a sudden.

“How is he?”

“He’s fine. They’re doing great. Only someone still cares.” Chaerin said slowly knowing that her sister will change the topic again.

“Ahh really?” Dara became silent again. Not knowing what to say.

Dara’s nightmares have returned when they went to New York. At first the girls were too scared that only Bom had the courage to wake her up. Lately they noticed that it’s getting worse and they don’t know why. They knew she still loves Donghae afer all this time but they just don’t know what is adding up to Dara’s sadness.

“He stopped calling me.” Dara blurted out. “After 2 years, he stopped calling me.”

“What do you mean stopped calling like today? Last night?” Chaerin asked looking at her sister. “I thought you weren’t talking to him.”

“I’m not.”Dara answered. “But every day at 6am, 12 pm and 9pm I would get a call from him. I don’t answer it but it would just ring and then it will stop. Last month, I woke up at exactly 6am and found myself waiting for his call. Lunch and dinner came and still no word. I thought something happened so I checked on the internet but everything was quiet. Nothing was going on. I figured he was probabl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter