009

Breaking Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SOHEE.

“Hey, let’s go to the beach today! We could have a picnic or something.” Yunho suggested enthusiastically while I made sure that we did not leave anything behind in the room.
“You are really starting to think that we are on a vacation, aren’t you?” Certain that nothing was left behind, I picked up my bag. “We should be thinking about our next stop and where to sleep tonight!”
“That’s why I’m telling you we can go to somewhere near the beach! We didn’t manage to stop by the beach when we were at Jindo.” He followed closely behind me as we made our way down. I shook my head, half in disbelief and half in amusement. We merely succeeded in spending a day at the amusement park and now he seems to think that we can go wherever we want freely. Why did I even think that he was reliable?

I tuned him out so that I could think as we walked down the street to get breakfast. Where should we go next? I suppose it is safe for us to be in Seoul now since so much time has passed. It should be tough for anyone to guess our location. Maybe I can even get a part time job as a waitress or something in a small restaurant. Although I had planned to run for a long time, it was dangerous to be carrying too much cash. If I don’t start earning some money, we would be surviving on grass soon.

I was still working out some possibilities when I felt strange glances from the stall owners we passed by. Stopping in my tracks, I returned their gaze and they immediately looked away, talking amongst themselves in hushed voices. “Don’t you think they’re acting really weird?” I turned to look at Yunho.
“Do you think they recognized me?” Yunho pulled his collar up higher and adjusted his cap. This feels really odd. They’re obviously discussing about us, but why? I decided to risk it. I simply can’t stand not knowing why they are talking about us.
“Yah, Sohee! Come back!” I heard Yunho’s anxious calls but my feet wouldn’t listen as they went towards the stall owners.
“Excuse me, but why are you talking behind our backs?”

I had on my best interrogative look and I might have scared them a little. One of them passed me a magazine with a shaky hand. I struggled to keep my heart from leaping out of my ribcage when I saw the cover page. Swallowing hard, I accepted the magazine and flipped it open. It was a full six page spread of our date at the amusement park yesterday. We had been pictured intimately and the bold captions questioned my identity and if the man was indeed Yunho. How did it happen? I did not even catch anyone taking our pictures yesterday! I had been too careless, how could I allow this to happen? The pictures were so sharp and crisp! Yunho pulled the magazine out of my hands and I saw his brows furrowing together as he skimmed through the content. He looked up at that moment and we exchanged looks of anxiety.

“We need to leave this place as quickly as possible.” Yunho held firmly onto my hand. He had put on a mask and I was wearing his glasses for disguise. I could feel the panic that was arising within him, yet his gaze was unyielding. He gasped when my hand slipped out of his grip as a man knocked into me in his hurry. The man mutter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter