008

Breaking Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho held on tightly to Sohee’s hand as he pulled her behind him, lest she changes her mind again. It took him a good ten minutes of nonstop reasoning before she barely agreed to leave the room in a dress.

“Trust me; the amusement park is the last place they’ll imagine us at. Furthermore, you’re in a dress. Do you honestly think they’ll even consider you in a dress? Has your dad ever seen you in a dress?” Yunho did not forget to brainwash her every now and then as they waited for the bus to come. Sohee kept her head lowered so that her fringe would cover and hide her blushing cheeks. To be honest, she was not sure if she could trust Yunho’s compliments and she felt awkward being dressed up. Does she really deserve any of this? But a tiny voice in her mind reassured her. ‘I’ve been a good kid all my life. I deserve this.’

***

Sohee had her eyes peeled in amazement as she trailed after Yunho in the amusement park. There were children demanding for rides and souvenirs from their parents and also couples on their dates. There were energetic mascots and ladies dressed in cute princess outfits taking pictures with everyone. “We look just like any other couple here!” Yunho marveled as his eyes scanned the place. Sohee glanced at him immediately but Yunho was too caught up in his own world to notice. ‘So is this considered a date?’

Sure, Yunho was a grown man, but his last visit to an amusement park was about 20 years ago. He scarcely remembered how nervous he was when he was on the Viking ship for the first time. “What do you want to try first? How about the Viking ship?” Yunho pointed to the ship full of people cheering and shouting elatedly. Sohee nodded her head excitedly and ran over to join the queue before Yunho could react. “Hurry up!” Sohee shouted and waved her hand for Yunho to join her. Yunho was momentarily taken aback but quickly regained his composure. He took a few long strides and was beside Sohee in seconds. “I hope you’re not afraid of heights.” He didn’t bother hiding his smirk.
“Are you kidding me? I can use a gun, what are heights!” Sohee jabbed him in the waist with her elbow and rolled her eyes. “You just wait!”

As if it was a competition, the duo repeatedly challenged each other to the most thrilling rides and even placed a bet on who would scream first in the haunted house. It ended with both of them exiting the house perfectly fine. In fact, Sohee nearly twisted the arm of the ‘ghost’ who placed his hand on her shoulder. Yunho dropped onto a nearby bench, relishing in satisfaction that he managed to get on so many rides. But he has yet to see Sohee scream or cry for help at any of the rides yet. She was so unlike the other girls. Sohee sat down beside Yunho, seemingly to have enjoyed herself as well. One of the nearby mascots bumbled over and flashed a Polaroid camera at them when he spotted them on the bench. The bear shook his paw about, motioning them to sit nearer so that he could snap a picture. Yunho and Sohee exchanged looks before obediently shifting closer to each other. The bear then ges

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter