014

Breaking Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohee has been silent ever since she got on the van with Yunho. She was expressionless and Yunho was worried that she was upset with his decision. After all, she only agreed because of ahjumma’s insistence. In fact, she was practically shoved out of the eatery. Yunho reached for her hand and enveloped it tightly. It doesn’t matter now whether she was willing or not. She is within his parameters of protection and that is all that’s important. The warmth from his palm seemed to have help calm down her nerves as she responded with a weak smile.

Honestly speaking, she was not against the idea of being Yunho’s bodyguard. Physically, she was definitely up for the job. Emotionally, Yunho offered her scarred heart with reassurance and warmth. She wished for Yunho to be returned to her, and now her wish has come true. But she has been nothing short of being a troublemaker in his life ever since her appearance. Is it really a good idea to stay by his side? Will she cause him more harm than good?

‘Your job as Yunho’s personal bodyguard is straightforward. You will have to stick by Yunho and protect him under any circumstances.’ The Manager’s instructions replayed itself in Sohee’s mind as she unpacked, trying to ignore the pair of eyes peeping at her from the door. She had been offered a room in their dorm as a personal bodyguard and the pair of eyes never left her since she entered the apartment. She was nearly done unpacking when she heard a gasp behind the door and footsteps shuffling away. Looks like stalker band mate has been taken away.

“Yah, it’s not very nice to be peeping!” Yunho chided. “She’s a lady too so respect her privacy. And you’ve been staring since she came in!”
“Is she really a policewoman? She looks pretty ordinary.” Changmin rested his arms along the couch. Yunho merely threw him a warning stare before he went back to Sohee’s room. He rapped gently at the door before entering. Changmin shook his head. Hyung’s feelings for her are way too obvious; it wouldn’t be surprising if the fans caught on.

Yunho entered the room just as Sohee hung up her last piece of clothing. There were only a few from their run. Yunho spotted the dress which he bought and smiled. ‘She still has it.’ Yunho noticed the pair of wedges next, resting at the bottom of the closet beside her now empty bag. He tore his gaze away as she shut the closet. She shuffled her feet to the bed and sat down on the edge. Her gaze never once met his. “I’m still pretty skeptical about this arrangement.”
“I apologise for giving you a job as a bodyguard, but this was the easiest way to have you with me. You can follow me around on my schedules and it would be perfect for hiding from your dad.” Yunho kept mum about his last reason. Besides, I don’t have to keep worrying about what is happening to you.
“But my dad has already given up on me.”

“My dad found me at umma’s eatery. He has accepted that I would never become who he wants me to be.” Sohee tried to appear nonchalan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter