004

Breaking Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho.

I’m not tired, but I closed my eyes anyway. It will be good to let Sohee think that I really am sleeping so that I can run through my thoughts quietly and freely. Gathering all of the information I could, I tried to make out what type of person she is. Since she wouldn’t tell me more of herself, I will have to observe her on my own and hope that she slips up and let me in on something about her. For her age, she should be mature enough in her thinking so she must have left home for some reason. Besides, she mentioned about trouble. Maybe her family is in debt and that’s why she is on the run? That would explain why she has to steal for a pack of gummy bears. And perhaps that would cause her to be more sensitive which is why she dislikes it when people touch her or her belongings without permission. ‘Interesting.’ a part of my mind commented. ‘It’s actually fun trying to guess her background.’

She runs fast. I wonder if I race her, would I stand a chance of beating her.
Her mind works really fast to be able to handle all kinds of situations. I wonder if I will be the one suggesting a creative disguise next.
She jolts awake being alert of her surroundings. I wonder if there will be a day where she trusts me enough to wake up normally.
Without realizing, I drifted away from my original motive of trying to analyze what I know about her thus far. Instead, I wish she will be here for a long time to come, even after our trip has ended. It would be nice having someone who I can be so comfortable around. Someone who does not view me differently and treat me cautiously. She might be hiding her past from me and she might mask her emotions at times, but by far, she has been very genuine. At least I can trust my judgment based on that pair of warm brown eyes which can’t hide a lie. She would be a nice friend…

“Yah.” A gentle voice broke through my thoughts. I didn’t make a move to open my eyes or respond. It sounded as though the voice is calling me but it shouldn’t be… should it? “Yah!” the voice grew impatient. Maybe I should check after all. Opening my eyes, I see Sohee’s face hovering above. I contained my shock and she shifted away quickly. “What? Why are you calling me ‘yah’? How old are you to be calling me that!” I snapped out of my shock immediately.
“I don’t think you’re much older anyway! Would you prefer Yunho sshi then? But it’s going to arouse suspicions if people hear me calling you that. Besides, it’s kind of distant for people who are on the same boat.” She argued.
“Fine, how old are you then?” great opportunity to find out another fact about her.
“23.” For the first time I saw her looking defeated. She probably wasn’t planning to answer, but she could likely guess that I won’t drop the subject at that. But her answer was enough to put a smirk on my face. “You are to ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter